With the 12th Pick Bills select

12 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

I just watched the highlights from Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield. Rosen definitely got "lucky" on a couple of his throws in that highlight reel, and a couple of them would've most definitely been picks in the NFL. Darnold appears to have the biggest arm between the three, but is the least accurate. Mayfield may not be the 1st QB off the board because of his height, but he will end up being the best QB in this draft.

Baker will be the best of those 3. No way to know what Allen will be playing for Wyoming. He has the best tangibles but is raw. Jackson is the most athletic but is more of a option QB.

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

#12, #22, #56, and #96 together are more than enough to get to #2, and definitely enough to get to #3. They are all THIS YEAR picks, which are much more valuable than 2019 picks. And we still have a 2nd (#53) and 3rd (#65) to work with.

Go away Jets or Miami fan. You would love for Buffalo to blow every pick for a player that won't be on the field in 2018 and maybe even not 2019.

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How much did Eagles pay again??

The Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft.

The Browns will receive Philadelphia's No. 8 overall pick, a 3rd and 4th round selection in the 2016 draft.  2017 1st round pick.  2018 2nd round pick. 

The Eagles also got a conditional 5th round pick (a compensatory fourth-rounder, if available) from the Browns in the 2017 draft.

That is a lot to move up.  

Edited by PIZ
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Go away Jets or Miami fan. You would love for Buffalo to blow every pick for a player that won't be on the field in 2018 and maybe even not 2019.

"Sir", I will deal with your **** posting. I will deal with your hot takes. I will deal with your lack of logic or rationale.

But I will NOT stand for despicable insults. Good day, "sir"! Enjoy the ignore list!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PIZ said:

The Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft

The Browns will receive Philadelphia's No. 8 overall pick, a 3rd and 4th round selection in the 2016 draft.  2017 1st round pick.  2018 2nd round pick. 

The Eagles also got a conditional 5th round pick (a compensatory fourth-rounder, if available) from the Browns in the 2017 draft.

That will work. Sounds good to me But dont need that much seeing we have 22 

15 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Josh Allen played in a pro-style offense and yet he needs time to develop no question. Most draft pundits have been saying that Rosen is ready to start from day one.

2. Which QB is most ready to start right away in the NFL?

Kiper: It's Rosen, who has played under former NFL offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch and has elite physical tools.

He makes money telling fans what they want to hear so they buy his Insider draft info. Not a GM out there with any sense that cares what Kiper says.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I think that they are going for Cleveland's number 1. then they take either Darnold or Allen. Beane has large Balls.

And Cleveland will stomp on them till Beane gives him every pick in the draft for showing such desperation!

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That will work. Sounds good to me But dont need that much seeing we have 22 

Correct. If Eagles had the #22 overall that year as well, that would have more than made up for the 2017 1st and 2018 2nd.

So equivalent would have been #8, #22, 3rd rnd, 4th rnd.

We could do that and still have 2 2nds and a 3rd left over.

I'm torn on Rosen. Tools, he's got what you covet, with some improvement possible. Mentally, not sure this a "trust the process" kind of player who easily buys into teams and systems. Doesn't seem to have made many friends on the team, read some NFL execs commenting about his lack of leadership. For some reason, he reminds me of Cutler. 

I think Darnold is the target, just my hunch based on the team's philosophy which seems to preach and requires a team first approach. 

We'll see I guess.

Just now, zonabb said:

I'm torn on Rosen. Tools, he's got what you covet, with some improvement possible. Mentally, not sure this a "trust the process" kind of player who easily buys into teams and systems. Doesn't seem to have made many friends on the team, read some NFL execs commenting about his lack of leadership. For some reason, he reminds me of Cutler. 

I think Darnold is the target, just my hunch based on the team's philosophy which seems to preach and requires a team first approach. 

We'll see I guess.

So take the words of NFL execs that may have a specific reason for making a player drop OR 

HIS FREAKING TEAMMATES????

28 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Why would you trade McCoy when drafting a rookie QB?  McCoy is the perfect security blanket for a young QB.

The Young QB will not be playing till possibly 2019 but realistically 2020. Give all you picks up and a LT, lost a Center, that means you are very thin on the line. You think undrafted free agents will block for McCoy. Bills won't be able to strengthen line. More than likely they sacrifice 2018 for future and their QB if they move up to 1,2 or 3

Edited by USABuffaloFan

Dorsey and Beane ar dealing and with the picks The Bill's give the Browns , the Browns can bundle the picks to trade back up for a player they want. Remember the Bill's have  2 firsts and with one each of 2-4 and possibly  a 2nd next year  we could be in business. Why go halfway ?

3 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

The Young QB will not be playing till possibly 2019 but realistically 2020. Give all you picks up and a LT, lost a Center, that means you are very thin on the line. You think undrafted free agents will block for McCoy. Bill won't be able to strengthen line. More than likely they sacrifice 2018 for future and their QB if they move up to 1,2 or 3

Not even close. 

46 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I feel the Bills will move up this year. Just not into the top five because I think If they were going to the number two spot they would have used Glenn to trade up with the NY Giants who are in dire need of a quality tackle.

However, they might go up to that number four spot if the right guy for them is still there. Both Rosen and Darnold are ready to start from day one...I just don't like either one. I prefer Mayfield and Allen in which Mayfield can start from day one, Allen might need to sit and develop a bit.

Darnold is not ready to start from day 1, sorry. He needs a year of development.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

3 games 3 games 3 games 

who starts if Wentz is healthy again???? THANKS for playing 

Who got the Superbowl MVP. Who beat Tom Brady at his game and went down in Superbowl History for catching a Superbowl pass as QB. Who got to watch all this happening. 

Just now, USABuffaloFan said:

Who got the Superbowl MVP. Who beat Tom Brady at his game and went down in Superbowl History for catching a Superbowl pass as QB. Who got to watch all this happening. 

Who is the starter again. Thanks. 

So glad Foles will not be on this team 

8 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

The Young QB will not be playing till possibly 2019 but realistically 2020. Give all you picks up and a LT, lost a Center, that means you are very thin on the line. You think undrafted free agents will block for McCoy. Bill won't be able to strengthen line. More than likely they sacrifice 2018 for future and their QB if they move up to 1,2 or 3

Glenn barely played last year as it is no loss there.  Plus I can see Rosen being a day 1 starter.

Edited by Zebrastripes

8 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Dorsey and Beane ar dealing and with the picks The Bill's give the Browns , the Browns can bundle the picks to trade back up for a player they want. Remember the Bill's have  2 firsts and with one each of 2-4 and possibly  a 2nd next year  we could be in business. Why go halfway ?

Why would they move, they have more picks then us now and higher position. I believe they have 4-5 2nd round picks.

8 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

are you serious ?

If Cleveland, Giants or Indy are willing to move out of the top 3 positions for just "valued picks" by a chart, what does that tell you? Tells me 1, they don't believe there is a decent QB there and they also believe this is a weak draft high with value later on. So if they don't demand allot it means there is nothing worth drafting. Hence, it will not happen unless you over pay for what you want. I believe Giants want RB, I believe Indy really wants DE. I believe Cleveland needs RB and QB. You figure this out, plain as day to me. 

2 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Why would they move, they have more picks then us now and higher position. I believe they have 4-5 2nd round picks.

Why anybody moves, if the deal is such that you think you are in a position that the other person has given you enough goodies, that you would be foolish not to. It is called Bidness.

2 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

At #12... they trade up to #2 and pick any QB except Josh Rosen.

There is no other answer.

Whatever floats your boat. Whoever McBeane likes. Thats who we'll be stuck with. They know better than we do. Trust the process.

1 hour ago, USABuffaloFan said:

I am not of the feeling Bills need to trade up any farther. At 12 they can get several really good players. Drafts never go as expected and Free Agency has allot to offer in QB's. Bills will definetly get a QB in Free Agency who will play next year and maybe one more year. I think Bills will sit at 12 and expect a QB falls to them and my bet is they are counting on Allen and will also take Jackson. They want worldly athletic talent and a project with huge upside. Both these guys fit that and won't have to start. If this falls though they will get a DT or DE whoever grades out better.

They are not picking at 12 - not going to happen 

1 hour ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Anyone but Rosen! The first pass in the video highlights of Rosen I saw is an intercepted pass in the NFL. Many of his passes in the highlight reel are picks in the NFL.

Mayfield or Darnold. 

My #1 choice is Mayfield  , my 2nd choice anyone but Rosen or Allen !!!!

1 hour ago, pimp on da' net said:

There isn't an elite  QB in this draft...they all have warts! None is ready as a day 1 starter...

Rosen- concussions

Darnold- decision making, poor footwork and turnovers

Allen- Accuracy

Mayfield- Height

Jackson- Pro style QB abilities

This is like you've half paid attention to sterotypes and now want to talk about it...

1 hour ago, USABuffaloFan said:

It didn't cost them a pick to move up. Plus there is no guarantee that Giants or Indy will agree. Giants wanted Glenn, opps. Why would Indy play when they want Chubbs?

You don’t think they have already worked most of this out?

Giants want Barkley- if he goes 1 we move to 2 and if Barkley is available at 2 we are going to 3.

I think in either case it is for Rosen.  I think they know that Cleveland is either Barkley or Darnold at 1.

57 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Baker will be the best of those 3. No way to know what Allen will be playing for Wyoming. He has the best tangibles but is raw. Jackson is the most athletic but is more of a option QB.

Hhmmmm...

It's relavence can be debated, but you understand there's a chart and hes not just making this stuff up right?

49 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

He makes money telling fans what they want to hear so they buy his Insider draft info. Not a GM out there with any sense that cares what Kiper says.

Replace GM with you and kiper with board and you may soon know the feeling.

Also, for an opinion that needs an open mind to be understood or taken seriously you seem to be shooting down others valid arguments and dishing insults like calling people fans of division rivals. Not the best look

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, pimp on da' net said:

There isn't an elite  QB in this draft...they all have warts! None is ready as a day 1 starter...

Rosen- concussions

Darnold- decision making, poor footwork and turnovers

Allen- Accuracy

Mayfield- Height

Jackson- Pro style QB abilities

Mayfield is the only elite QB imho opinion. Precise, off the chart decision making and mobile. Arm is so so but not bad.

From all appearances, it was important to Beane to move higher in the round.  The only motive that really makes sense is to draft a QB.  The first question, to which we don't have the answer, is which QB.  To be assured of one of the top four,  Beane will need to move higher.  At least a couple, in that group of top four, will require a spot in the top 3.  I doubt Buffalo is going to trade up to first overall, but Beane could be after the Giants' spot.  If there are a couple he'd be happy with, and they are not named Rosen, he might be OK with trading up to the fifth spot.  I just don't know what he wants, though.

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

The Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft.

That is a lot to move up.  

If you properly discount a pick by 1 round per year of deferral, they only gave up 2275 points to move up to a slot worth 2600 on the Walter Football chart.  That is placing the picks at the 8th spot in the round (based on where Philly was drafting in 2016).  I would gladly make that trade!  

To put it in perspective, our two First rounders (12,22), plus the third from CLE (65), and a the fourth (121) gets you to 2297 on the chart.  I'm not saying that gets us to #2, but we won't have to go "Mike Ditka" to get the guy we want either.  Throw in a 2nd and I think we'd have a good long conversation with the Giants.  If the Browns go QB at 1 and our guy is still there, I think we could wait to deal with IND at 3, because the Giants will run to the podium to select Barkley.