OJ confession on Fox

Mr. WEO

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

And he should be off it for non football reason. 

Son- “Daddy, what does that name say on the stadium wall?”

Dad- “That’s OJ Simpson, son.”

Son- “Isn’t that the guy that killed those people?”

Dad- “Nah, son...that was only a hypothetical...he’s a football legend.”

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Debatable. Does Coy wire go on the wall then? Brian Moorman ? 

If the team wants to use them to represent the greatest bills- so be it. Wouldn’t be my choice but I wouldn’t be embarrassed seeing great men that are marginal players.

Seeing a great player up there that is the same guy on tv talking about killing his wife— I’m down with that being a disqualifier for the football honor of being on the wall

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

It's a privilege for a player to be up there. He lost the privilege. Sorry but his name up there is a black eye on the franchise and community. 

Just playing devils advocate here. I'm not sure this interview changes anything. With its " hypotheticals " and all. I mean his book has been out forever. Was there anyone who believed this guy didn't do it before today? This is hardly a revelation. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Just playing devils advocate here. I'm not sure this interview changes anything. With its " hypotheticals " and all. I mean his book has been out forever. Was there anyone who believed this guy didn't do it before today? This is hardly a revelation. 

It was never published

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

To be fair, my stance hasn’t changed in quite some time.

i could kind of buy the not guilty verdict keeping him up there but once he started in on the “hypothetical” stuff i no longer buy the devils advocate argument. Even if you hang your hat on the “he wasn’t convicted” argument he sure as hell is doing this interview and wrote that book and deserves to be taken down. 

Edited by NoSaint

Oops my bad. However, most everyone heard about it and found it ridiculous. " If I did it " . Of course he did. Pretty much everyone but deniers  knew he did. 

So that's further reason to keep his name up on the wall?  Because we've known all along?

Interesting argument.

My guess is the Bills have been hiding behind the not guilty verdict in order to not broach the topic of taking it down.

He just confessed.  that's why this is a big deal

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, NoSaint said:

To be fair, my stance hasn’t changed in quite some time.

i could kind of buy the not guilty verdict keeping him up there but once he started in on the “hypothetical” stuff i no longer buy the devils advocate argument. Even if you hang your hat on the “he wasn’t convicted” argument he sure as hell is doing this interview and released that book and deserves to be taken down. 

Fair enough. I think virtually everyone knew the guy committed the crime, found guilty or not. I don't think anything has changed here. You'd be hard pressed to find a reasonable person that didn't think OJ did it before today. We will see what happens, if anything. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So that's further reason to keep his name up on the wall?  Because we've known all along?

Interesting argument.

My guess is the Bills have been hiding behind the not guilty verdict in order to not broach the topic of taking it down.

He just confessed.  that's why this is a big deal

It means everyone knew and it was still there. I'm not making predictions here. Take it down, pretend OJ never happened . Never existed. Take him out of the HOF too. Erase the history books. 

Edit: I doubt the Bills have been " hiding behind" anything. Everyone on earth knew the man committed murder , but was found not guilty in a court of law. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

6 minutes ago, vincec said:

Does this mean that he is going to bring to a close his relentless search for the true killers?

He searched a lot of the golf courses so he must have found some kind of clue.

2 minutes ago, Joaquin1119 said:

OJ can just confessed that he did it. They can’t send him to jail for it. They said he already innocent 

Did you go to law school?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Fair enough. I think virtually everyone knew the guy committed the crime, found guilty or not. I don't think anything has changed here. You'd be hard pressed to find a reasonable person that didn't think OJ did it before today. We will see what happens, if anything. 

Essentially, I think this should/could be akin to the ray rice elevator video for the buffalo community.

it shouldn’t take that but... sometimes it makes it real. It makes it much harder to point at the highlight reel when you have this to watch too. It gets real damn hard to say “yea he probably did it but wasn’t convicted” when you watch the man describe grabbing the knife on tv

Edited by NoSaint

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It means everyone knew and it was still there. I'm not making predictions here. Take it down, pretend OJ never happened . Never existed. Take him out of the HOF too. Erase the history books. 

Edit: I doubt the Bills have been " hiding behind" anything. Everyone on earth knew the man committed murder , but was found not guilty in a court of law. 

Yes.  That was my point.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Double jeopardy, bruv...

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Oops my bad. However, most everyone heard about it and found it ridiculous. " If I did it " . Of course he did. Pretty much everyone but deniers  knew he did. 

The book was published you can buy it from wal mart right now.

21 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Frankly, I hope this is what finally gets him off the wall. This is terrible. It blows my mind we even have debate about it. 

He's on the wall for his football accomplishments, which have nothing to do with him being a murderer.

He's a top 3 all-time Buffalo Bill, whether you think he's a nice guy or not.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

He's on the wall for his football accomplishments, which have nothing to do with him being a murderer.

He's a top 3 all-time Buffalo Bill, whether you think he's a nice guy or not.

Oh, you don’t say? 

Again, I don’t care. Truly, i can’t fathom why fans grasp at this argument. 

Do you lose something by taking him down?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes.  That was my point.

Double jeopardy, bruv...

And that hasn't changed. He could have come out and said " I did it " afterward. Doesn't matter . Everyone knew. Probably even the jurors themselves. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

Oh, you don’t say? 

What makes your opinion on this matter so high and mighty and ones against yours wrong?

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The prosecution has one chance to charge and prosecute someone for a crime. If you are found not guilty, then the state or the federal government cannot charge you again

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Janine Talley @J9Talley 15s15 seconds ago

Just catching the end of #DidOJConfess, and I’m disgusted with how O.J. is making this massacre about himself, considering he claims he didn’t do it. He doesn’t care how much Nicole loved him; he’s not capable of understanding that feeling.

That's what murderers do.  You rarely find one that says "I'm an !@#$," there's always some sort of "it was an accident/they had it coming - I'm the real victim here!" justification.

2 minutes ago, Joaquin1119 said:

The prosecution has one chance to charge and prosecute someone for a crime. If you are found not guilty, then the state or the federal government cannot charge you again

Not entirely true.  The federal government could try OJ for violating Nicole's civil rights by killing her, for example.  

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Oh, you don’t say? 

I'm not arguing . Just a discussion. I don't care if it's up there or not. The wall is " what it is" to use a tired expression. The best Bills ever... on the football field. Some maybe off it as well, but not all. Definitely on it though. Nothing more. It's not a moral judgement on these players. If the Bills want it taken down they'll do so. Seems silly to pretend he never existed as some sort of claim to moral superiority , but we will see. 

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

It wouldn't be controversial to take his name down anymore.  Black community realizes OJ used them to get away with murder.  This newly released interview could be impetus to do it.  

And it would have been before this interview aired? Because of black / white issues? Nonsense. No one in their right mind believed OJ didn't do it before this " hypothetical " interview stuff. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Not entirely true.  The federal government could try OJ for violating Nicole's civil rights by killing her, for example.  

Really? Hmm I doubt that charge carries the maximum punishment murder does though. Death by hot oil maybe idk

I'm not arguing . Just a discussion. I don't care if it's up there or not. The wall is " what it is" to use a tired expression. The best Bills ever... on the football field. Some maybe off it as well, but not all. Definitely on it though. Nothing more. It's not a moral judgement on these players. If the Bills want it taken down they'll do so. Seems silly to pretend he never existed as some sort of claim to moral superiority , but we will see. 

If we are just discussing, what if OJ had confessed to throwing games while betting on opponents?  Does his name stay up still?