Nigel Bradham a FA target? (Update: Re-signs with Eagles)

1 minute ago, JPP said:

Yes would love to have him back'...pieces are falling into place.....process won  me over!

Yeah, whoever they get on defense doesn't matter.  I trust the process.

On offense, give me Foles and build-up the OL.  Boom!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I want him back simply because somebody on TBD started referring to him as “The Butler” because that seemed appropriate for a guy named Nigel. 

I don't remember that, but, its funny!

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed. I think that guy has to come from the draft. 

However, I mentioned Brock Coyle above, but all of his pro day number were comparable to Kuechly. I think he could be a sleeper, under teh radar guy for our defense. 

Here is Coyle's pro day: 

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP
6 ft 1 in
(1.85 m)
235 lb
(107 kg)
32.5 in
(0.83 m)
9.38 in
(0.24 m)
4.60 s 1.60 s   4.28 s 6.74 s 37.0 in
(0.94 m)
9 ft 7 in
(2.92 m)
25 rep

Here is Kuechly's combine: 

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP Wonderlic
6 ft 3 in
(1.91 m)
242 lb
(110 kg)
31 in
(0.79 m)
9 34 in
(0.25 m)
4.58 s 1.63 s   4.12 s 6.92 s 38.1 in
(0.97 m)
10 ft 3 in
(3.12 m)
27 reps 34

Avery Williamson is going to be expensive, but were are his numbers:

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP
6 ft 1 in
(1.85 m)
246 lb
(112 kg)
32 34 in
(0.83 m)
9 12 in
(0.24 m)
4.66 s     4.07 s 7.11 s 30 12 in
(0.77 m)
10 ft 0 in
(3.05 m)
25 reps
All values from NFL Combine[5]

I know athletic ability isn't everything, but I found it interesting that Coyle had such impressive numbers, and again had a really nice year for the Niners. He is now listed at 6-1, 245 so he got bigger. Coyle could be the under the radar Poyer-Hyde type of signing that no one sees coming.

Coyle would be a nice add. Nice job

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was under the impression that Nigel Bradham was let go because of his less than ideal athleticism, same reason that we'll probably let Preston Brown walk. McDermott relies on very athletic LB play ... Thomas Davis, Luke Keuchly etc., I think ILB Kyle Vander Esche has to be a higher on the list target in the draft. I don't dislike Bradham but he doesn't seem to be a fit imo.

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

and Tanner Vallejo was suspended for the bowl game his senior year...I don't think McBeane want choir boys but Bradham is a habitual offender who doesn't seem to learn his lessons...

He had issues with the Bills

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11286652/nigel-bradham-buffalo-bills-suspended-one-game

And they continued with the Eagles...

Yeah I agree he has some baggage. Guess we will see!

wasnt he the one who yanked Chris Ivory down to the ground by his hair one time?

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I agree he has some baggage. Guess we will see!

wasnt he the one who yanked Chris Ivory down to the ground by his hair one time?

Worth the watch...Crystal Marie (the anchor) is quite attractive....

Edited by JoeF
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.interesting.....hardly has been a "choir boy" and may not fit the McD mold.......

This is how it usually works when new GM/coach take over.

They dump the previous players they deem any kind of slight character issue and usualyy refer to it as "a poor scheme fit"

They then realize they need talent or they will not win and will be fired sooner rather than later.

They then look past some character issues and sell themselves on some nebulas theme(ex: the process) they expose, and feel they can correct said behavior.

Edited by cba fan

49 minutes ago, Bornafan66 said:

Me too, hated to see the guy move on. Terrible decision makers at the time.

It was the same guy who scouted/helped draft him, problem was we were switching to a completely different defense that he didnt fit in. And the churn kept turning. We moved a lot of good drafted talent off this team with all those scheme changes the last 6 years.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JoeF said:

Worth the watch...Crystal Marie (the anchor) is quite attractive....

I said in another thread but pony tail tackles and pulls should be 100% legal.........not just for tackles where they are permitted.......but holding or pass interference should not be called on hair pulls.:thumbsup: