[Misleading Title]Cordy Glen and Shaq Lawson are to be traded next

Quite frankly I don't understand the hate towards Lawson.  He hasn't been healthy sure but he played well last season.  He played in 11 games with 33 tackles and had 4 sacks.  He was well on his way to 50 tackles and 6-7 sacks which in his second year, would have been very solid in my opinion.  If you don't like him because of the injuries, that is one thing but to say he doesn't have talent...I think that's just not true.  He is a run stopping DE.  Those types of ends usally have 6-8 sack seasons.  But the fans want the 20 sack guys.  It's all about the sacks for fans.  Jerry Hughes has been one of the most productive pass rushers in terms of hurries on our team in years but that seems to go under the radar as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

You are assuming Glenn, himself, can stay in an upright position.  A huge assumption to make after last season

If Glenn isn't healthy, then the Bills won't be able to trade him.  I fail to understand how so many posters here think that other teams are going to trade for a player who can't play.  :doh:

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep.......put TALENT around that young QB.

And mark my words........if they go to camp without Glenn to serve as a motivation for Dawkins to aspire to that LT job...........I predict Dawkins will take a step back.

Competition is very important, especially for developing young players.

Sometimes young players without competition get lazy or simply get trapped in their own head and can't just play fast and loose...........they operate better in ACTUAL competitive situations with other players.......which is the wiring that got them to the upper levels of the game in the first place.

We tend to take for granted that good rookie years will mean better sophomore seasons and that's not necessarily how it works.

With TT gone it's looking ever more likely that a guy like Rosen, Darnold or Jackson will be starting for Buffalo as a rookie and the better the supporting cast the better the chances of success for that guy over his first two seasons.    

That's how the Eagles and Rams just accelerated the production of THEIR young QB's.

I pretty much wholeheartedly agree with this.  The only part I disagree with is your assumption that Dawkins could take a step back if he doesn't have competition.  I don't think it's a question of having competition so much as about the fact that lots of good rookies fail to get any better or even regress ... mostly because opposing coaches and players figure them out.  

If Glenn is healthy, he's a better LT than Dawkins, so he should stay on the left side while Dawkins moves over to the right, giving the Bills a pair of good/decent bookend OTs.  A better RT than Justin Mills can improve the play at RG, too, whether that is Miller or another player.   FTR, a solid OL improves QB play no matter who is under center.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I am in the camp of keeping Dawkins at LT and moving Glenn to RT. You would have two of the better bookends in the league helping keep a rookie or whoever upright. 

Glenn plays LT significantly better than Dawkins.   Don't confuse a Dawkins playing the position well "for a rookie" with playing the position well period.

There is no telling what would be needed to trade up for a QB this year. I want to keep Glenn and find out if he or Dawkins can play RT. 

Seeing he's coming off surgery his trade value now is more limited. I would be willing to offer (3)  1st rd picks to move up for Rosen , Mayfield or Darnold.

If that can't happen stay put and rebuild with all those picks and take a QB  .

8 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I always liked john miller but hes been average at best (2nd year), and we are sorta in desperate interior line play.  Wood retired and Richie doesn't have much past this contract.  I don't want to stake my future on Vlad (ugh), Groy (admirable), Miller (so far average at best).  

great point. i am just what the heck happened last year, and if miller bounces back or disappears again. more o-line help is definitely needed. i am just wondering if miller will be salvaged or put on the scrap heap altogether.

[This is an automated response]The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

2 hours ago, BobDVA said:

Someone on this board would want to trade Jesus for a mid round draft choice because he missed time between the crucifixion and resurrection.

I just almost spit my coffee out :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

He's worth more to a team that needs a LT. Move him and your total assets profit from it. People get so clingy to players

Risk aversion is prevalent on this board. If Glenns' foot keeps him off the field at all next year those same people will be second guessing not moving him!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of value in trading players this season...if we could get a 4th for Glen, given his contract and injury, I would be happy.

You would be happy with a 4th for Glenn ??

i know there’s injury concerns but he’s a top 10 left tackle , 

19 minutes ago, Putin said:

You would be happy with a 4th for Glenn ??

i know there’s injury concerns but he’s a top 10 left tackle , 

Totally agree, but I think you also have to take into consideration his contract, which I would think would be a little prohibitive...and remember, we are a talking about a guy who didn’t really play last year... you have to think of it as a Bills fan if the roles were reversed...would we be thrilled giving up more than a 4th for a guy that we weren’t sure if he could ever play at a top level again? so, while he COULD be great, it’s still a big gamble imo.

Edited by JaCrispy

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Totally agree, but I think you also have to take into consideration his contract, which I would think would be a little prohibitive...and remember, we are a talking about a guy who didn’t really play last year... you have to think of it as a Bills fan if the roles were reversed...would we be thrilled giving up more than a 4th for a guy that we weren’t sure if he could ever play at a top level again? so, while he COULD be great, it’s still a big gamble imo.

What’s the latest on Glenn’s injury ? Is he making any progress ? Just wondering if anyone heard anything !!