OPINION: We have a trade partner in place

McBean

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Or feel confident we have a veteran to sign after this move today.

No way McBean goes into next season with Peterman.

IMO, an announcement will be made soon about a trade into the top 10.

It's either/or.  If the Bills don't sign a veteran that can come in and start from week 1 then they have a partner in place for the draft to move up.

My favorites would be Giants (Gettlemen/Beane History) or Browns.  With Browns trading for Tyrod I don't see them taking a QB early first round.   You take a guy 4th overall he is going to start this year.  You don't trade a 3rd rounder for a guy you are going to sit.  This is good news for Bills fans. 

If Cousins goes to Jets or Broncos then the Bills may be able to move up top 6 and get there guy without giving up the house.

Although trading TT for a 3rd today screams piling up ammo for big move up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

You think Beane and Gettleman haven't been talking?

The Bills will sign a vet, trade *both 1sts, a 2nd, 3rd, Cordy Glenn and next year's 3rd for the Giants' #2 pick and draft Josh Rosen.

Lock it up.

Nope. The more I read into this and Beane's comment on how he loves his picks the more I Think it will be a FA qb.

Lock THAT up.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Posted in the other threat, but:

#21 / #22 / #53 / #56 / #65 = 2,555 points

#2 = 2,600 points

This is why I think the Bills are gonna supplement with the 2019 comp picks. They are going to move some 2019 picks in a deal

21,22, 53, 65, a 2019 2nd rounder, 2019 4th rounder gets it done. You can throw in Glenn to maybe save a pick or lower the round pick you have to give up 

Again this would leave Buffalo with 

4th

2 5th round picks

1st

3rd

4th

4th(Comp for Gaines)

5th

5th(Comp for Brown)

6th

6th(Comp for Matthews)

7th

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I think it is more likely we have a deal in place for a FA QB then a move up in the draft at this time.  I hope it's Foles TBH.  I'll take the guy who carved up the Pats over all these other guys. 

Foles isn’t a free agent QB

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

This is why I think the Bills are gonna supplement with the 2019 comp picks. They are going to move some 2019 picks in a deal

21,22, 53, 65, a 2019 2nd rounder, 2019 4th rounder gets it done. You can throw in Glenn to maybe save a pick or lower the round pick you have to give up 

Again this would leave Buffalo with 

4th

2 5th round picks

1st

3rd

4th

4th(Comp for Gaines)

5th

5th(Comp for Brown)

6th

6th(Comp for Matthews)

7th

Buffalo has a lot of pending free agents.  They will need to sign free agents to fill the roster and some starting positions.  Don’t bank on those comp picks just yet.  

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Foles isn’t a free agent QB

Buffalo has a lot of pending free agents.  They will need to sign free agents to fill the roster and some starting positions.  Don’t bank on those comp picks just yet.  

I completely understand that and I think what you have seen so far is they are going to sign guys for 1 or 2 year deals for guys who have been released or out of football. 

In addition, McDermott has stated they are not as far along as people think. This indicates a rebuild is still gonna take place. This tells me don’t expect big Free Agents. 

This is also indicates to me that Buffalo will be very hesitant to give their 2019 1st round pick because it will likely be relatively high. Beane has stated numerous times don’t expect them to be big in Free Agency

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

#2 = 2,600 points

I could totally see this scenario right here happening.

I would do this in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I think it is more likely we have a deal in place for a FA QB then a move up in the draft at this time.  I hope it's Foles TBH.  I'll take the guy who carved up the Pats over all these other guys. 

Foles was terrible in STL and KC.

He was a product of good coaching and talent around him with the Eagles.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

As crazy at is sounds to some, I think it's Barkley #1.

They got a guarantee of the 3rd best QB.

But I don't believe the Browns could be done yet, still think they could be a buyer.

If that happens (Barkley at #1) and the Colts are really thinking of Chubb at #3.

It may make sense for Cleveland and Indianapolis to swap with Cleveland for #3 plus a 2nd.

Colts know that Cleveland is picking a QB and Browns now get one of the top 2 QBs.

I think the Browns should take Barkley at 1 and do exactly what you say. Take the can't-miss guy and then even if you pick the 3rd best QB at 4, you're still getting a potentially franchise guy. If it turns out to be the 2004 class, then they get Big Ben instead of Rivers or Eli.

But because Browns logic, I suspect what they will do is take Darnold at 1, make sure they get the guy they want, and are thinking if Barkley somehow makes it to 4 (which he won't), they can take him there, and if not, they'd potentially trade down, possibly with the Bills. The other reason I think the Browns would hesitate to take a RB at 1 and miss out on their preferred QB is they are still feeling burnt from taking Trent Richardson so high, even though that was a different regime.

Trading for Tyrod just means the Browns don't have to start Darnold right away. Whichever QB the Browns take will be guaranteed to be the worst one in any case, because Browns.

5 hours ago, McBean said:

Or feel confident we have a veteran to sign after this move today.

No way McBean goes into next season with Peterman.

IMO, an announcement will be made soon about a trade into the top 10.

Would not be surprising if they knew Allen was going 1. Barkley will go either number 2 or number 3. That would leave either Rosen or Darnold at number 4. They could have a trade worked out with the Browns already. 

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

#2 = 2,600 points

I would rather give up 21, 53, 65, next years 1st, and 2020 2nd.

Hopefully we can get our guy at #3 or #4. Pretty sure the Giants go with Barkley.

8 hours ago, McBean said:

1.I could totally see this scenario right here happening.

I would do this in a heartbeat.

Foles was2. terrible in STL and KC.

He was a product of good coaching and talent around him with the Eagles.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

1. ummmm....like totally no

2. so was keenum and how ironic he faced foles in the nfc game..........oh and i can't find foles' terrible games in k.c.

12 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Doubt it highly. Unless they trade up to #2 they aren’t going to blindly trade “into the top 10” without knowing who is available

I think they already have a good idea who will be there and who won’t.

Personally, I don’t see Barkley there when the #3 pick is on the clock so, if the Bills can move to that spot, or even #2 in the next month, they could have their choice at QB. 

#3 is a darn good spot to be in right now as well.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

I don't want to disclose my sources, but according to a high level business meeting at one Bill's yesturday, we have a package in place to trade for the Browns #1 over all to snag the punter from Alcorn St. When Schmidt is traded by the end of the weekend, you'll see that I'm right!

12 hours ago, Logic said:

I agree that the Bills have a trade-up in principle OR feel confident in signing one of the top FA QBs. As OP said, there's no way they make the Tyrod trade without having a concrete plan in place. 

With two 1sts, two 2nds, and two 3rds, not to mention their filling of roster holes before FA even starts...all signs point to a trade-up for a QB. If you STILL don't see these signs for what they are, I can't help you. It's gonna happen.

Dude, I find myself agreeing with you a whole lot, so extra belated welcome for coming here.

I have to think that the Bills have an in-principle deal in place. I really don't see anything else to explain it. Like you mentioned, they keep making deals by signing cut FA before free agency. They have, at this point,  six draft picks in the first 3 rounds. They just got rid of their bridge QB. 

In my mind, nothing about this suggests that the Bills are content with waiting until 21 to take a QB. I think they like someone, and are willing to spend to take a chance on him.

There was a report out (unconfirmed of course) that the Giants were willing to deal for our two firsts in 2018, our first in 2019 and Glenn. If so, this makes perfect sense: we get a rookie QB without too many dire holes. We have enough cap space to pick up a few solid mid-level FAs on days 2 and 3 of the the FA carnival to reinforce the WR and LB group. 2nd and 3rd round is a great time to shore DTs, LBs and RT and C. 

We turn over a decently prepared work in progress to a rookie, and see where your weaknesses are. Then, in 2019, a LOT of dead money comes free and the Bills are in the position to spend bigger to fill in the gaps. It's a structure pretty damn close to what the Eagles did in 2016 and 2017.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I'm guessing the Browns take SB  (Barkley) 1st then trade the 4th pick to us only to trade back up into the top 10 to get their QB.  

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

I think they take Barkley also.  It makes sense for them to take him when nyg and ind, at least in reports, seem to be sticking with their QBs.

This might end up hurting the bills though since all the QBs will be available at 4 and who knows what's nyg and ind might get offered for those spots.

*Tin foil hat on* the fact that Cleveland gave up a 3rd for Taylor, practically a 2nd, makes me feel like there was a bit of elbow rubbing going on that involved that 4th overall pick. *Hat off* 

Edited by The Wiz