Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He converted PLENTY of 3rd downs,  especially considering the talent around him for most of the past two seasons.    Hell this year he lead two 18 play drives for fuxake.    Probably the two longest drives in team history.:lol:

Like I said........too many Bills fans/observers became blind to what he COULD do which is why they are so "shocked" at the return the Bills got for him.   

One of the worst developments for Tyrod was the increasingly easy availability of "All-22" tape which allowed a lot of dummies that normally just watch whoever has the football to take time and notice that......"gee, WR's aren't actually covered all the time"..........which lead to a lot of Bills fans, and WGR "faux" analysts who don't follow the league jumping to the VERY WRONG conclusion that TT was the only QB in the NFL who doesn't throw the ball to open WR's.

After that he could do no right.    Scramble for 15 yards on 3rd and 14?........welp that must be because he missed a wide open WR.:doh::lol:

Tyrod getting traded for a 3rd round pick.......with other teams also offering up picks......... when everyone knew they had no intention of keeping him is not a validation of the idea that he is a bad QB.   Sorry........it's just another "L" for Tyrophobes.:beer:

starting to question if u watched the Bills for the last 3 years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He converted PLENTY of 3rd downs,  especially considering the talent around him for most of the past two seasons.    Hell this year he lead two 18 play drives for fuxake.    Probably the two longest drives in team history.:lol:

Like I said........too many Bills fans/observers became blind to what he COULD do which is why they are so "shocked" at the return the Bills got for him.   

One of the worst developments for Tyrod was the increasingly easy availability of "All-22" tape which allowed a lot of dummies that normally just watch whoever has the football to take time and notice that......"gee, WR's aren't actually covered all the time"..........which lead to a lot of Bills fans, and WGR "faux" analysts who don't follow the league jumping to the VERY WRONG conclusion that TT was the only QB in the NFL who doesn't throw the ball to open WR's.

After that he could do no right.    Scramble for 15 yards on 3rd and 14?........welp that must be because he missed a wide open WR.:doh::lol:

Tyrod getting traded for a 3rd round pick.......with other teams also offering up picks......... when everyone knew they had no intention of keeping him is not a validation of the idea that he is a bad QB.   Sorry........it's just another "L" for Tyrophobes.:beer:

Tyrod had some skills for sure...but it became obvious to most people that the negative outweighed the positive and that he was holding the offense back.

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

???.  Stop talking please.   

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The media and the fans' fault!

• Haha (+1) 1

At the end of the day Tyrod was a good player and a class act.  Good luck to him!  I hope he does great.  Why haven't we cut Schmidt yet?  He single handedly lost the playoff game.  

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Which other teams offered picks?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Tyrod had some skills for sure...but it became obvious to most people that the negative outweighed the positive and that he was holding the offense back.

Myself personally,  Tyrod Taylor played with the lowest league reps in the passing game over the last 3 seasons and the whole Offense suffered because of it.

If the Browns want Taylor to take his game to the next level throw the football.

Something held our Buffalo Bill football team together when the heart and soul was ripped out of it with the loss of players like Marcell and Sammy. I think Tyrod deserves allot of credit for the way our football team stood united through the turmoil.

One Buffalo strong...

Edited by Figster

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What have you been watching the past 3 years? Most sensible people realize it wasnt all tyrods fault, but tyrod needs too many things helping him to be really successful and we dont have them right now. He doesnt take over a game, couldnt will us back from a hole with his arm, couldnt throw people open consistently. We would be spinning our wheels forever with him. I had enough of 60 yard passing days. Our passing attack has been pathetic. 

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Holy Sh?? Merry Christmas .If the Browns start him this might be one of the stupidest decisions for Cleveland. No wonder they have sucked for two decades....

Hopefully this is just the one present you're allowed to open on Christmas Eve and the big present will be our new quarterback(s).

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about.    It's nonsense.

TT lead a top 7 scoring offense thru 15 games in 2016.......he wasn't holding THAT offense back........and yet that's the misconception from Tyrophobes.

The Bills offense was atrocious in 2017............but it was the WORST wr situation in team history..........yes, even worse than the 2-14 teams.........a misfit scheme and a poor play caller......a run game that stalled the minute the reserve entered the game after two years where Bills reserves lead the NFL in ypc..........these are the things that "held the offense back" in 2017.     

Would having an "elite" QB made them better?    

Of course, but those guys are SCARCE.

So be furious at McD for not drafting Watson.   Watson turned out to be a one man show and was re-writing the record books for rookie QB's and they passed on him.:doh:

Or blame the previous regimes for not taking chances on QB's with elite potential.    

But no.......Bills following dummies gotta' blame the guy who outplayed his pedigree and his contract for 3 years.  

It's just such a bad look for the fanbase.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

TT lead a top 7 scoring offense thru 15 games in 2016.......he wasn't holding THAT offense back........and yet that's the misconception from Tyrophobes.

The Bills offense was atrocious in 2017............but it was the WORST wr situation in team history..........yes, even worse than the 2-14 teams.........a misfit scheme and a poor play caller......a run game that stalled the minute the reserve entered the game after two years where Bills reserves lead the NFL in ypc..........these are the things that "held the offense back" in 2017.     

So be furious at McD for not drafting Watson.   Watson turned out to be a one man show and was re-writing the record books for rookie QB's and they passed on him.:doh:

Or blame the previous regimes for not taking chances on QB's with elite potential.    

But no.......Bills following dummies gotta' blame the guy who outplayed his pedigree and his contract for 3 years.  

Hey, Badolbilz...three words...fifty-six yards...just keep repeating that to yourself whenever you feel the urge to defend Tyrod...Fifty-six yards...Fifty-six yards...

And for the record, I wanted to trade down last year, so I agreed with McD...that’s why I want to get our QB this year.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

ffs if our running game didnt get our offense up by 14 points in a game we had no chance of winning it.    our fricken QB couldnt THROW!!!!    how are u so blind to not see that favors every defense we went up against?

one year it was the defense fault,  nother year it was the offensive coordinators fault,  next year it was lack of receivers,  you know the one constant to our horrible passing game?  Tyrod fricken Taylor.  smh.

I admire TT as a leader and man and his ability to protect the ball as well as he did is certainly a trait that hasn't earned him enough praise but he has lots of limitations and his ceiling has been largely reached.  He is what he is, which is your quintessential game managing QB and nothing more.  And if you don't see that then you just don't know football.

• Like (+1) 1

Ima stay out of this fun about TT other than for one point to agree with... Badol is 100% right about fans and media now having access to All 22 tape and the scary invalid conclusions they make from it.   

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

25 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Ima stay out of this fun about TT other than for one point to agree with... Badol is 100% right about fans and media now having access to All 22 tape and the scary invalid conclusions they make from it.   

16 hours ago, Turk71 said:

We know his ceiling, Super Bowl MVP. Foles has had some rough stretches, but he has had more than a handful of great games. His 2nd year he was incredible, the highest td to int ratio of all time. 27 td.  to 2 int. , over 2800 yds in just 10 games, 119. passer rating. He broke his collarbone and struggled for a couple years. He is also the biggest qb in the league at 6' 6" 245 lbs. Not saying he will be consistently good but at 7 million cap hit he is the perfect bridge if you want to win now and prepare for the future. I say get Foles and the prospect you want.

I have zero issue with him as a bridge QB.

What I am arguing against is trading for him and expecting him to be our starter longer term, while passing on a rookie QB high in the draft.

I don't like the idea of giving up a 2nd + for him because i worry that it might mean they are content with him as the starter while developing a mid round rookie and/or Peterman.

If they give up a 2nd+ and still go hard after their QB in the draft, again I am perfectly happy with that. 

But I want the Bills to draft their long term starter. I'm done with retreads and other teams backups. I want a guy that has a chance to be elite and elevate the team around him. Foles may be able to do that for a couple games a year but he isn't that type of QB most of the time. The majority of his career he's been a mediocre starter/good backup. If you're trading for him expecting him to play like the Super Bowl MVP, you're probably going to be disappointed much of the time. 

I mean, we've never even seen this guy start a full 16 games in his entire career. 

Do we even know if he can be a full time starter? He hasn't been able to earn that full time starting job yet, and he's 29 (a year older than Tyrod) going into his 7th NFL season. 

He played good to very good for most of his 10 starts in 2013 (Id say 7 out of 10). He looked like he could be great. 

But then in the same offense's in his 2nd year - 2014 - he didn't look nearly as good (before injury). He was missing open receivers, holding the ball too long and threw 9 or 10 interceptions in his 8 starts that season. 

How many times have we seen a QB have a good season only to not be able to get back to that level again? 

Plus, Chip Kelly had a pretty innovative and QB friendly offense.

Mark Sanchez came in for Foles in 2014 and actually looked as good or better than Foles had (in 2014). 

Then the next time Foles looks like a truly good starter again is 4 years later in Doug Pederson's innovative and QB friendly offense. And even then it was really only 3 good games - Giants in the regular season, Minnesota and New England in the playoffs. The other regular season start against Oakland he stunk, and the playoff game against Atlanta was ok. He didn't look good in the season finale against Dallas either, but he only played a few snaps so I dont count it. 

Like like I said, I'd be happy with him as a bridge guy. But I guess I am just nervous about giving up premium picks for him (as of now the Eagles want a 1st + 4th and that's absolutely a non starter for me). Like I said above, I just worry that if the Bills give up, say, a 2nd + 3rd or 4th for Foles that they are not going to go hard after a QB in the draft, or even take 1 in the 1st round. 

I just have a hard time thinking that the Bills will give up the assets it'll take to trade for Foles and then still use a 1st (or more) on a QB in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1