New McShay mock mayfield & Rosen fall outside top 10

8 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Not necessarily. “Drops” unless egregious, are partially subjective. Who measured the data? 

A “drop” can be a ball going through a WR hands on a bubble screen. Well, was the pass too high? Was it too low? Was it rifled when it should have been feathered? Just because it was a “drop” doesn’t mean the QB threw a good pass.

It all depends  on if there’s a strict criteria.

I get the point you’re presenting and on the surface it makes sense, I just think “adjusting for drops” is lazy.

You raise a valid point, Jay.  My understanding (for the NFL drops anyway) is that there are indeed guidelines and they're pretty conservative.  But there is absolutely  subjectivity in it, and you're correct it doesn't take into account "touch".

11 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I still say the best Qb is Mayfield. But the Qb that fits Beans eye and what he has said he's looking for in a Qb is a pocket passer like Josh Allen 

Allen is only projected high by these charlatans because of some payola.  Look at the other dude that doesn't have him in the top one HUNDRED talent wise.  Allen is Kyle Boller minus the smarts.  

If the Bills draft someone anywhere I hope it is Jackson at 21,. Or Lalueatta/White where they see fit.  Darnold is a bum, Allen an ultra bum, Rosen and Mayfield are maybes that will go too high. 

In 15 years there will be arguments in bars throughout Cleveland as to whether Tim Couch or Darnold was the worst fiasco.

13 hours ago, wppete said:

If they fall like that we will jump up in the top 10 and draft Josh Rosen. 

Yeah, I hate this pre-draft crap. Joe Blow thinks this, and Egghead Mcgoo thinks that. The draft cannot come soon enough.

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 2

This thread has collectively had posters who advocate for each top 5 qbs, and on the flip side others who advocate against all of them as well. This draft year is the most interesting since 2004. 

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Did McShay miss the Davis signing? We could use a CB but just for depth purposes. No idea why people keep having us draft a CB. That's a strength of our team. We have so many weak spots... He could literally project us to draft any other position besides a CB and it would be a good selection

These guys probably spend little time on each pick. Buffalo, let’s see, EJ Gaines is a free agent so they need a CB. Next spot.

I can see Rosen dropping because of his durability issues.

I'd rather draft Darnold, Mayfield and MAYBE even Allen...

I can see Rosen dropping because of his durability issues.

I'd rather draft Darnold, Mayfield and MAYBE even Allen...

18 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

McShay also says that's the big question is whether the Bills will package picks 21 and 22 and move up for a QB. He then says that he cannot predict trades so that is why he has them staying at those two spots and making picks.

If Rosen is still available at 15, where he has them going to Arizona  there is no way that the Bills don't move up and snag him. 

I could see the Bills moving to 14 IF someone like Rosen falls. The trade chart works out as Bills give GB 21 and 53, and get 14 and 114.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

To God's ears 0:)

I forget which crappy QB you prefer this year.

If they are all off the board and the fish get Mayfield would you dig deep into your pocket for Talleywhacker?

Edited by 4merper4mer

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

100% agree that there is enough on all in these guys to have pretty strong opinions. It’s not like last year with Trubisky where he had 10 starts. All of this year’s QBs have large enough resumes to tell a story.

Agree. Which is why Mayfield has grown on me. 76% passer last year and can read a defense. Throws receivers open. After a couple of decades in purgatory, you just want to have a solid quarterback at the helm.

8 hours ago, Augie said:

This draft, more than most, will be a test of nerves. High stakes poker. Very high stakes. 

I'm not much for drama, but damn this is going to be interesting.

19 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's drunk if he thinks Rosen doesn't go top 10

Not sure if it was mentioned, he actually had Rosen going higher. Arizona worked out a "trade" w/ another team (can't recall who), but he said he said he was too lazy to make the swap on his board. 

screenshot-twitter.com-2018.03.08-04-30-50.png

Edited by 707BillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

Not sure if it was mentioned, he actually had Rosen going higher. Arizona worked out a "trade" w/ another team (can't recall who), but he said he said he was too lazy to make the swap on his board. 

screenshot-twitter.com-2018.03.08-04-30-50.png

Yeah I don't see Rosen going outside top10

6 hours ago, NickelCity said:

This thread has collectively had posters who advocate for each top 5 qbs, and on the flip side others who advocate against all of them as well. This draft year is the most interesting since 2004. 

Is this a draft class like we had with Eli, Rivers and Roethlisberger? Or is this a draft where there is no elite QB so fans insert names interchangeably?

22 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I forget which crappy QB you prefer this year.

If they are all off the board and the fish get Mayfield would you dig deep into your pocket for Talleywhacker?

Would be better than tryhard, plus I don't think he would ultra expensive. He has gotten better every year but the injuries are concerning.

(My crappy  QB is Mayfield)