New McShay mock mayfield & Rosen fall outside top 10

10 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Did McShay miss the Davis signing? We could use a CB but just for depth purposes. No idea why people keep having us draft a CB. That's a strength of our team. We have so many weak spots... He could literally project us to draft any other position besides a CB and it would be a good selection

Well said and pretty much exactly how I feel. I totally discredit anyone linking the Bills to a CB in the 1st (at least this year). The team has holes everywhere except the secondary. 

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Darnold isn't a Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford prospect, that's for sure, but I think he is tough. Allen and Jackson couldn't complete 60% of their passes, so they're risky to me. Mayfield doesn't have ideal size, I like him, just not completely sold. Rosen is Jay Cutler v2.0 except I think he is injury prone.

Are you aware that if you adjust for drops Lamar Jackson’s completion percentage was higher than Sam Darnold’s?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Some QBs are going to slide, pretty much always happens. 

I don't think it will be Rosen, but I think Allen and Mayfield are likely. 

Allen will not slide, if anything he is likely to be the first Qb off the board. Allen is a Monster sort of like Big Ben on Steroids. I'm on Record I want either Mayfield or Allen I will take either one of those 2 guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

Mocks are generally a waste of time, especially when trades are preemptively ruled out.  With the number of teams needing qbs, I think when it really counts, four will go early.  I also think there's a lot of smoke about Rosen.  I prefer Mayfield, but I think Rosen ends up going top ten.

3 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Allen will not slide, if anything he is likely to be the first Qb off the board. Allen is a Monster sort of like Big Ben on Steroids. I'm on Record I want either Mayfield or Allen I will take either one of those 2 guys. 

I've got a tough time believing a guy who has always struggled with accuracy and vision will go high in the 1st. 

Great prospect, but you don't take "big guys with a big arm" that early. He's very boom/bust. 

Mayfield will slide just because he's a small guy, otherwise he's very intriguing. Tape don't lie. 

Rosen is a west coast guy, I don't want anything to do with him. No one likes him even his team mates at UCLA really did not care for him. Ever see the Movie Draft Day, well he is the Bo Callahan of this draft. I see him going to Arizona where he would be Happy. He would hate going to Buffalo or Cleveland to him that would be like going to Siberia. The NYC media would eat him alive if he went to the NY Giants or Jets. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

23 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Lamar Jackson will never be a natural pocket passer. He may have success for a few years as a gimmicky QB.

You said that you were scared of him because of his completion percentage but you would trade up for Darnold. If you factor in drops Jackson’s completion percentage would be higher than Darnold’s. I guess the question is are you concerned about his completion percentage or that he isn’t a natural passer? 

21 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If you adjust for Jackson’s drops then you have to adjust for Darnolds drops as well

I am (the data is in one of the threads here)

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

After Bills signed Vonte Davis, no way we draft CB Jaire Alexander. This just proves McShay does not do his homework.

The two have nothing to do with each other. Of course the Bills can still take a CB.

46 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

My first option is Sam Darnold, he's the only QB I'd give up draft picks for, I don't like Rosen. Mayfield and Allen are risky, Lamar Jackson I'm not interested in.

The guy who has the biggest issue with turnovers is not as risky as the guy who spins the ball better than him and the kid with the highest 2 completion percentage seasons in the history of college football... okay dude. 

43 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

After Bills signed Vonte Davis, no way we draft CB Jaire Alexander. This just proves McShay does not do his homework.

McShay has to find a way to justify his paycheck and he does it by manufacturing controversial mocks to get people talking about him. Guys like Kiper and McShay were relevant when you had to order a scouting guide and wait for it to get mailed to your house before you knew all that much about individual prospects. Now that there are endless sites offering you raw data, what do you really need 2 non-experts who hit on less than 30% of their picks. 

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You said that you were scared of him because of his completion percentage but you would trade up for Darnold. If you factor in drops Jackson’s completion percentage would be higher than Darnold’s. I guess the question is are you concerned about his completion percentage or that he isn’t a natural passer? 

I am (the data is in one of the threads here)

Are you saying Jackson is a better QB than Darnold, where are you going with this?

Why did no one to take the time to mention to me that Darnold has turned the ball over 42 times in 27 games?!

WTH is wrong with you guys?!

:P

Seriously, I did not know that until 5 minutes ago.  Someone here mentioned earlier this week that he is a turnover machine (the "ten foot pole" thread), but i didn't pay attention to it.

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Are you saying Jackson is a better QB than Darnold, where are you going with this?

I'm saying it.  Darnold is not good; he is a bust waiting to happen.  He is a turnover machine with awful mechanics and he played for a college program that is notorious for producing QB busts at the NFL level. Caveat emptor!    

Edited by mannc

Just now, mannc said:

I'm saying it.  Darnold is not good; he is a bust waiting to happen.  He is a turnover machine with awful mechanics and he played for a college team that is notorious for producing QB busts at the NFL level. Caveat emptor!    

They're all busts waiting to happen, that's the problem. There is no undisputed alpha QB of the class, there are holes in every single one of their games.

The game plan to beat Jackson is the same as it is to beat Tyrod, nothing changes.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:
12 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Allen and Jackson couldn't complete 60% of their passes, so they're risky to me.

No, I do not have Jackson ahead of Darnold. I have Darnold 3 behind Mayfield and Rosen.

This is what I am responding too. They are risky to you because they couldn’t complete 60% of their passes. When you adjust for drops though, Jackson’s completion percentage is better than Darnold’s. It would seem to me that if you are concerned about Jackson’s completion percentage you must be concerned with Darnold’s?