Rumor: L.Jackson 2nd QB on Bills Board

6 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

If we stay put and take Jackson, I'll have no issue with that. IF we trade UP and take Jackson, I'll have an issue.

If we trade up and take Jackson, I will Woody Harrelson in 3 Billboards myself.....

I've warmed up to taking Jackson @ 22, but not in the Lord's name am I prepared to see the Bills trade up for him....

The only three QBs we should be trading up for are Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold.  IMHO. 

One guy replies “bills” on Twitter, yet when asked about his reply (by Talbot) he says it was purely speculation.  Now everyone is freaking out.  I love the offseason.

Edit: Next person who posts “Lamar is Tyrod 2.0” is completely ignorant, or intellectually impaired.  They are entirely different prospects coming out of college.  Yes, they are both tremendous athletes who can run, but that’s about it.  Jackson is vastly superior to Tyrod as a passer already.

That said...I want Baker Mayfield.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I don't miss Gailey at all with his smoke and mirror offense. Five WR sets with one good WR. If it wasn't for Ryan Fitzpatrick Gailey would have been fired much sooner in Buffalo and NY then when he was.  Gailey got the Job in Buffalo by telling Wilson he didn't need expensive star players to win games. Probably why his W/L% was .333 during his time in Buffalo. 

The man was a supposed QB guru and Fitz had stated that until the team hired QB coach David Lee that nobody had worked with him on his footwork, mechanics. Meaning that it was all Fitz from day one. Nevermind the fact that Lee really screwed up Fitz that season in attempting to correct some flaws. 

I know we are kind of changing the topic, but I have to say I really don't blame Gailey for that. Ralph Wilson was known as one of the cheapest owners, so a lot of those staffs were bare-boned staffs. Gailey was a great offensive mind who was simply not cut out to a head coach. That was his ultimate downfall. But that was pretty much my favorite offense since Kelly. Bledsoe with Kevin Gilbride was pretty good as well. 

I'm going to buy that this is a smokescreen to keep Rudolph clean to pick 21 (or within trade up range)  I predicted in this forum a while back that Lamar Jackson would fall out of round 1, and I continue to believe that.  I could see a team that already has a running/passing QB and offense taking him in round 2 as a backup and long term developement project.  Carolina would be my prediction on his destination.  I simply don't think any front office is going to trust the guy and is less than stellar completion pct to be the undisputed QB of the team the moment he is drafted.  Recency bias is working against the kid too....Bridgewater and his injury being a light weight narrow guy from the same schoool....I don't like Allen for his crummy accuracy either, but at least some FO is going to point at that guy and say...look at his arm!  Look at his size!    

I think there is going to be a frenzy at the top with trades and the top 4 will be gone by pick 6.  Allen, Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold.  ...After that, someone that missed out up at the top is going to be lurking on Rudolph.  

Here is what I think at this time.  Cleveland take Barkley at 1.  Giants trade down with Denver.  Denver takes Allen at 2.  Colts trade down to 6.  Jets take Mayfield at 3.  Cleveland takes Rosen despite his overtures of not wanting to be there at 4.  Giants can't believe their luck....Darnold is here still.  They take him....they have time to work with him while Eli rides off into the sunset.  Colts are happy as they go Chubb at 6.  Then it's no mans land all the way to 21.  Mason Rudolph and Lamar Jackson are on the board and Arizona is sitting there at 15.  Tampa is on the clock at 7.  This is what I believe Buffalo is going to be looking at on Draft Day.....I can totally see a scenario where the Bills have to contemplate moving up to SEVEN, to take the 5th QB off the board if they want Rudolph.  Once Rudolph comes off the board, then it's all downhill for Jackson....if the Bills are still sitting there at 21, with no QB, they aren't taking Jackson either because he may well be there in round 2, or you go with the second tier...Lauletta etc.   If I was the Bills and this plays out, it would make me sick.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This rumor was started on a sandlot. :lol:

Well, certainly an “A” for effort in your attempt at humor...however, a little birdie told me you might just wanna stick to the copying and the pasting. :D

Edited by JaCrispy

6 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

lol he’s 10x the athlete Taylor is

If you look at Tyrod's college stats and Jackson's stats, they are very similar. Jackson passed and ran more than Tyrod, but their completion %, yards/att, and passer ratings are very close. Jackson seems to be a better runner as his yards per carry are 2 more than Tyrod's. Just don't compare Jackson to Tyrod as a pro, that's not comparing apples to apples. So when someone says Jackson is Tyrod 2.0 they are not far off.

56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think this is a genuine leak but equally I don't mind them taking a shot on Jackson at 21 and keeping their other 1st.  It's not my preferred solution but rather that than throwing assets at Nick freaking Foles.  

I’m sure you’ve already done this but there are so many Lamar threads... can you summarize your thoughts on him? 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure you’ve already done this but there are so many Lamar threads... can you summarize your thoughts on him? 

Summary is that I think he is a rare physical talent and a rare prospect to be evaluating in the sense that he is very much still improving but if Lamar Jackson is in the NFL what he is as of today as a passer then he is a bottom end starter / top end backup.  He still has footwork issues to clean up, he doesn't throw with anticipation often enough (there are rare sightings of it on his 2017 tape though) and I think he lacks some feel for the position still.  On the positive side he throws an excellent deep ball, has improved his intermediate range accuracy and he played in an offense that required some work under centre.  I feel like he is still on the upswing and there is reason to believe that what he is as a passer today is not the finished product.  I think if you draft him you have to be prepared to take the Patrick Mahomes redshirt year approach.  I have a mid 2nd round grade but like with Mahomes last year (who I had a high 3rd on) would have no problem with the Bills taking a shot in the 1st if he falls to them.  The ceiling is high.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

I'm going to buy that this is a smokescreen to keep Rudolph clean to pick 21 (or within trade up range)  I predicted in this forum a while back that Lamar Jackson would fall out of round 1, and I continue to believe that.  I could see a team that already has a running/passing QB and offense taking him in round 2 as a backup and long term developement project.  Carolina would be my prediction on his destination.  I simply don't think any front office is going to trust the guy and is less than stellar completion pct to be the undisputed QB of the team the moment he is drafted.  Recency bias is working against the kid too....Bridgewater and his injury being a light weight narrow guy from the same schoool....I don't like Allen for his crummy accuracy either, but at least some FO is going to point at that guy and say...look at his arm!  Look at his size!    

I think there is going to be a frenzy at the top with trades and the top 4 will be gone by pick 6.  Allen, Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold.  ...After that, someone that missed out up at the top is going to be lurking on Rudolph.  

Here is what I think at this time.  Cleveland take Barkley at 1.  Giants trade down with Denver.  Denver takes Allen at 2.  Colts trade down to 6.  Jets take Mayfield at 3.  Cleveland takes Rosen despite his overtures of not wanting to be there at 4.  Giants can't believe their luck....Darnold is here still.  They take him....they have time to work with him while Eli rides off into the sunset.  Colts are happy as they go Chubb at 6.  Then it's no mans land all the way to 21.  Mason Rudolph and Lamar Jackson are on the board and Arizona is sitting there at 15.  Tampa is on the clock at 7.  This is what I believe Buffalo is going to be looking at on Draft Day.....I can totally see a scenario where the Bills have to contemplate moving up to SEVEN, to take the 5th QB off the board if they want Rudolph.  Once Rudolph comes off the board, then it's all downhill for Jackson....if the Bills are still sitting there at 21, with no QB, they aren't taking Jackson either because he may well be there in round 2, or you go with the second tier...Lauletta etc.   If I was the Bills and this plays out, it would make me sick.

I know it's all speculation but if we do that for Rudolph I'd be ill and just wouldn't feel any way good about it.  That sounds like let's just take a QB because we have too language.  And we overeshot for him.  YUK!

Just now, NewEraBills said:

I know it's all speculation but if we do that for Rudolph I'd be ill and just wouldn't feel any way good about it.  That sounds like let's just take a QB because we have too language.  And we overeshot for him.  YUK!

As much as I differ from you on Rudolph I agree on trading up into the top 10 for him.  Rudolph is a guy you take at 21 not a guy you trade up for.  There are only three in this class I'd trade up for - Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield.  I'd go to 2 or 3 for Rosen or Darnold I'd consider going to 4 or 5 for Mayfield and if he slipped past the Jets at 6 I'd definitely go to 7 for him.