If Browns pick Barkley #1...

TPS

The Browns absolutely should take Barkley at #1.

They'd get the best player in the draft and would have their choice of 2 out of Mayfield, Allen, Rosen and Dahnold.

They'd be best off taking Mayfield at #4 and letting someone else take the turnover machine in Darnold.

• Like (+1) 4

Cleveland not picking the QB of their choosing at #1 would be atrociously bad. You run the risk of losing the QB you want by not picking him at #1 just so you can grab Barkley. Secondarily after everything that fanbase has gone through to not finally grab you guy to go with would feel like egg on face again.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

They'd get the best player in the draft and would have their choice of 2 out of Mayfield, Allen, Rosen and Dahnold.

They'd be best off taking Mayfield at #4 and letting someone else take the turnover machine in Darnold.

To me that means they do not believe in any of the QBs.

Id trade down at 4 too if I were the Browns. 

18 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I agree. I think the differences in the top 3-4 QBs are like choosing between Kelly and Marino, you can't lose no matter who you get "stuck" with..

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

If Browns pick Barkley you will see multiple teams trying to trade up to 2 and 3. Chance to get the #1 QB would be very valuable

Agreed. Hopefully either the Jets or broncos get cousins, as they may be the only other teams with the need and ammo to make the move.

6 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I just can't see a scenario where the Bills jump that high. 

If a top QB prospect drifts into the teens, which I think happens, that's where you make a move. 

Barkley + Best Quarterback Available is a smart play for the Browns. 

...who knows what Hugh is thnking and if he's on the same page as Dorsey.....Barkley for sure, but the QB spot is interesting.....and nothing would surprise me......imagine him wanting the McCarron/Kizer tandem?.....Dorsey would probably go into cardiac arrest.............

47 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Cleveland not picking the QB of their choosing at #1 would be atrociously bad. You run the risk of losing the QB you want by not picking him at #1 just so you can grab Barkley. Secondarily after everything that fanbase has gone through to not finally grab you guy to go with would feel like egg on face again.

What if they feel the chances of Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield are very similar? They all have their flaws. Perhaps they don't want to pass up on Barkley just to take a specific one of those 3" maybe franchise " type QBs. 

11 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Would it be crazy for the Browns to take Barkley #1, and then trade there #4 + whatever to get the #2 pick and take the top QB?

No, it wouldn't. If they take a QB at 1, they're not getting Barkley. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

What if they feel the chances of Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield are very similar? They all have their flaws. Perhaps they don't want to pass up on Barkley just to take a specific one of those 3" maybe franchise " type QBs. 

No, it wouldn't. If they take a QB at 1, they're not getting Barkley. 

This is why they take Barkley #1.. They have the ammo to trade up and get #2 from NY. The giants would still have the #4 overall pick and then some.

38 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Would it be crazy for the Browns to take Barkley #1, and then trade there #4 + whatever to get the #2 pick and take the top QB?

I think that would be a great move for the browns to make.  Not only do you grab the best player in the draft, you can get the top qb as well.  This would be the only sure fire way to grab Barkley and the qb of their choice.