NFL Assistant Willing to Inflict Pain on "Himself" to Draft Barkley

4 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

I wonder what would happen here if we traded three firsts to draft him.

Can he throw?

I bet he can throw better than tyrod, so he'd still be a QB upgrade.

Edited by SouthNYfan
  • Like (+1) 1

Adrian Peterson is the greatest RB of this generation and was one of the best RB prospects I've ever seen in my entire life. He has 0 super bowl appearances and has only been in a handful of playoff games. Same with Barry Sanders, arguably the greatest RB of the previous generation . You can get RB's off the street if you have a great QB under center. It doesn't matter. RB's don't get you the Lombardi. QB is the most important position in all of sports.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Adrian Peterson is the greatest RB of this generation and was one of the best RB prospects I've ever seen in my entire life. He has 0 super bowl appearances and has only been in a handful of playoff games. Same with Barry Sanders, arguably the greatest RB of the previous generation . You can get RB's off the street if you have a great QB under center. It doesn't matter. RB's don't get you the Lombardi. QB is the most important position in all of sports.

Thing is, there's no denying that QB is the most important position in the NFL, but it is a team sport and QBs alone, do not win you a Lombardi.

Btw, John Riggins said hello.

I love this kid.  He is going to be great (barring injury).  But a RB at the top of the draft just isn’t worth it.  If I was nyg or ind, if think differently, but you don’t trade up for this kind of player.   Cleveland taking him #1, then following up with a QB at #4 scares me!  They might actually break this funk they are in. 

4 hours ago, Buddo said:

Thing is, there's no denying that QB is the most important position in the NFL, but it is a team sport and QBs alone, do not win you a Lombardi.

Btw, John Riggins said hello.

Emmett Smith says "'sup?"

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Rico said:

Ki-Jana Carter and Blair Thomas say hi too.

Carter is a tough one

He blew out his knee on the third carry of preseason

He never looked the same after that injury

I think there are different kinds of busts

I'm don't view major injury derailments as the same kind of bust as say, Ryan leaf or any other guy who just sucked.

While an injury derailments is still a bust in regards to not producing to the level you were expected on draft day, I don't think it's a good historical example to use for advocating against drafting a RB high.

5 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

God I can’t wait til the off-season starts....

Who is he saying hello to? Barkley? The idiot assistant coach? Is Richardson still in Canada?

My point is everyone thought Richardson was a future Hall of Famer. 

I think Barkley will be great but people need to pump the breaks a little bit on this kid.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Ki-Jana Carter and Blair Thomas say hi too.

Yep, although Carter could have been good, that knee injury did him in.

• Like (+1) 1