Assuming Darnold and Rosen go 1-2 ... would you make this trade?

Bakin

21, 22, 2019 1st and Glenn for Baker Mayfield  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do it?

• YES!!!
    • NO!!!

29 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Marino played 17 seasons, shame on the Dolphins for not building a proper team around him.

What is wrong establishing your QB and building around him?

Free agency didn't exist back then.  In fact, the Dolphins were the first team to really benefit from changes in free agency when Keith Byars and Keith Jackson were both released from contracts with the Eagles via legal action and found their way onto the Dolphins.  Players just didn't move around that freely in the '80s.

Just now, Rob's House said:

The only real ? is whether you thing Mayfield is worthy of a top 5 pick. If so you do this all day. We gave up nearly as much for a WR, and a good QB is >= 2 good WRs.

I agree with this. History shows that the only QB under 6"1 to be drafted in the first round in forever was Manziel. Old stereotypes die hard in the NFL. I like Mayfield , but I think he's available later and I'd gamble that I get him for less. 

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

I don't care who they trade up for but they have to zero in on their guy and if there's any way to get him then they have to. I don't care what they give up if they think there is a franchise QB in this draft. Are you people serious? We haven't had one in so long and you don't want them to get one? Shame on you

I laugh I cry - I don't know what to do.......I just want a QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think so. I really like Mayfield but he’s going to be available in the teens imo so that’s way too much 

I don't think he even makes it past the Jets at 6. Surprised you'd think any of the top 4 will make it out of the top 10 picks. 

1 minute ago, dulles said:

Free agency didn't exist back then.  In fact, the Dolphins were the first team to really benefit from changes in free agency when Keith Byars and Keith Jackson were both released from contracts with the Eagles via legal action and found their way onto the Dolphins.  Players just didn't move around that freely in the '80s.

No, it didn't . The draft, however was 12 rounds and there was plan B. The Bills Kenneth Davis was a plan B pickup, and was a very good back. The Dolphins really never had a running game to speak of and a pass catching RB would have been deadly with Marino. What if the Dolphins had drafted Thurman Thomas and not the Bills?  The Dolphins management failed Marino imo. 

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m convinced Rosen is their guy and they will move heaven and earth to get him.

reality: I’ll probably be super disappointed on draft day and need to stock up on vodka.

I seriously don't know if I can continue on if they don't go up and get someone. I can't deal with more years without a QB. I suppose there are other things to do on Sundays besides football. We'll see. I might need a break

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

I don't care who they trade up for but they have to zero in on their guy and if there's any way to get him then they have to. I don't care what they give up if they think there is a franchise QB in this draft. Are you people serious? We haven't had one in so long and you don't want them to get one? Shame on you

It’s called fear, kdiggz...we’ve had such bad luck with QBs, it’s basically cut the balls off of most Bills fans...so now, many are afraid to even go for a top prospect at all- that way they can never be let down if it doesn’t work out...well, I’m sorry but I’m ready to start smashing teams in the mouth again, like we did back in the 90s...enough with trying to hide our QB because he sucks! Enough with playing not to lose!  Enough with being told we should just be happy that we have a team! I’m hungry and it’s time to eat!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

No, it didn't . The draft, however was 12 rounds and there was plan B. The Bills Kenneth Davis was a plan B pickup, and was a very good back. The Dolphins really never had a running game to speak of and a pass catching RB would have been deadly with Marino. What if the Dolphins had drafted Thurman Thomas and not the Bills?  The Dolphins management failed Marino imo. 

I agree that they failed to draft a good RB, although they tried repeatedly.  Plan B didn't result in the type of movement we are so familiar with today.   On another note, I think Marino's legacy is part of why the NFL has changed rules to favor the QB/WR.  I think the big wigs so disliked the thought of a great QB like Marino only making it once, they changed the rules to favor the QB.  
Anyway...back to our QB conundrum...I hope we make a move.  The league favors a team with a good qb.

Mayfield is my guy. I want him in a Bills uniform next season. Best QB in the draft imo. That being said, I would rather keep Glenn and throw in another pick if need be. 21&22 along with a couple of 2019 picks I would be good with. 

• Like (+1) 1

Mike Tanier weighs in on Mayfield's combine performance:

• Baker Mayfield looks uncomfortable dropping back to throw, something he was not asked to do at Oklahoma. He takes a weird kick-step after the snap and moves jerkily to his launch point. The hinky drop appeared to affect his timing on some throws. Mayfield also uncorked some wobblers when forced to drive the ball downfield, something that was also evident during Senior Bowl practices. There was nothing disastrous about his performance, but there is much polishing to be done on his mechanics.

38 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

It’s called fear, kdiggz...we’ve had such bad luck with QBs, it’s basically cut the balls off of most Bills fans...so now, many are afraid to even go for a top prospect at all- that way they can never be let down if it doesn’t work out...well, I’m sorry but I’m ready to start smashing teams in the mouth again, like we did back in the 90s...enough with trying to hide our QB because he sucks! Enough with playing not to lose!  Enough with being told we should just be happy that we have a team! I’m hungry and it’s time to eat!!!

That's where I'm at too. Go big or go home. Even the worst of the top 4 will be better than what we have had and can actually complete passes down the field to receivers. No more hiding. Time to tell the rest of the league we have a QB now so you need to take us seriously. Even if they bust at least you tried and you weren't scared to pull the trigger like all of the administrations before you. Dare to be great

4 hours ago, Bakin said:

2019 2nd Rounder

and Cordy Glenn

for #3 

and the Bills draft Baker Mayfield

do you do it?

Yes but hopefully not that much.

Too me he is the best QB to come out in awhile (besides Wentz) and has all the attributes of a franchise QB except height.  I see him as the next Drew Brees except he is a much better prospect than Brees was when he came out.

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I can't tell if Baker Mayfield is going to be Johnny Manziel or Jim Kelly.

I Believe he will be the next Baker Mayfield.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m convinced Rosen is their guy and they will move heaven and earth to get him.

reality: I’ll probably be super disappointed on draft day and need to stock up on vodka.

Just not sold on Rosen, when the play breaks down so does he, it's hard to have a perfect pocket in the NFL, along with his injury history.