Schefter: Cousins List Down To 4 Teams (No Bills)

Broncos, Vikings, Cardinals, Jets

Money must of really scared McBeane away. If Cousins ends up being Brees, it will be yet another lost opportunity to add to the list.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-kirk-cousins-list-down-172441354.html

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Money must of really scared McBeane away. If Cousins ends up being Brees, it will me yet another lost opportunity to add to the list.

I’m glad about this. Anyone that is going to give Kirk Cousins 3 years and $90M deserves the average play that he will provide. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't understand how he could possibly know the final list of teams when teams haven't even been able to talk to him. Just seems like fake news... Headline should say Atleast 4 Teams prepared to Offer Cousins. How does he know that Cousins would like those 4 and not any other when he can't even talk to them

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Money must of really scared McBeane away. If Cousins ends up being Brees, it will be yet another lost opportunity to add to the list.

Let's go Broncos!

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Interesting angle. I would have been pissed if they wanted to throw that much at a 30 year old guy like Cousins in a year that is one of best QB draft classes. Build the team the right way. Jmo

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I don't understand how he could possibly know the final list of teams when teams haven't even been able to talk to him. Just seems like fake news... Headline should say Atleast 4 Teams prepared to Offer Cousins. How does he know that Cousins would like those 4 and not any other when he can't even talk to them

The headline is likely correct because Cousin’s agent has probably already been talking to teams.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting angle. I would have been pissed if they wanted to throw that much at a 30 year old guy like Cousins in a year that is one of best QB draft classes. Build the team the right way. Jmo

Agreed.   That seems much more process-like...

17 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

The article's reader's comments would suggest that the fans of the four teams mentioned are less than thrilled to be in a position where their team might write a monster contract for Cousins.

• Haha (+1) 1

What's interesting is if the Broncos "win" the Cousins sweepstakes, the Vikings stick with the QB they know (Keenum) and Ariz quickly, quietly tries to sign McCarron - What do the Jets do? Are the Giant's more inclined to wanna trade pick #2 to the Bills over their crosstown rival Jets?

For those who want the Bills to trade up (this includes me): It is in the Bills' best interest for the Broncos to win the Cousins sweepstakes. Elway has already stated that the #5 pick is up for grabs "depending how things play out in free agency". The 5 spot, obviously, will require less capital to obtain than the #2 or #3. Assuming Barkley and Chubb go in the top 5, that means two of the big four are guaranteed to be available at the 5th pick. So...Fingers crossed for Denver to get the job done.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

For those who want the Bills to trade up (this includes me): It is in the Bills' best interest for the Broncos to win the Cousins sweepstakes. Elway has already stated that the #5 pick is up for grabs "depending how things play out in free agency". The 5 spot, obviously, will require less capital to obtain than the #2 or #3. Assuming Barkley and Chubb go in the top 5, that means two of the big four are guaranteed to be available at the 5th pick. So...Fingers crossed for Denver to get the job done.

I wouldn't assume Barkley and Chubb going in the top 5. I think it's more likely that the top 3 QB's go in the top 3 picks one way or another.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

The thing is what if you only like 1 or 2 of the big four. If so, I think you have to trade up higher than #5 before someone else does. I do agree that Cousins to the Broncos is best for us.