LSU WR DJ Chark - a player to keep an eye on (Update: Pre-draft visit 4/9)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918994/article/mike-mayocks-takeaways-from-day-2-of-combine

Receivers

DJ Chark, LSU: Chark's blazing 4.34 40 time impressed Mayock, but after he smoothly caught passes in the gauntlet drill, Mayock really liked what he saw: "He had a real good Senior Bowl week and he's coming out and competing today."

Looks like he is having a solid combine. Watching his highlights it looks like the kid tracks the ball very well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Chark is looking positively  Randy Moss like.  Moss had the same speed and another inch in height.  He had himself a very nice career.

Easy there tiger. Do you know who also looked like Randy Moss??? Stephen Hill.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Chark is looking positively  Randy Moss like.  Moss had the same speed and another inch in height.  He had himself a very nice career.

Only Moss actually produced in college. No one has looked like Randy Moss since Randy Moss. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/2/2018 at 1:03 PM, YoloinOhio said:

He will definitely be there in the 2nd... WR positional value is low right now given what has happened with 1st rd WRs the last couple years 

I'm not so sure the Saints will pass him up at 27. Call me crazy.but I would take him with one of our first rounders..he's a playmaker and knows how to break free from top quality db's...God knows the SEC is loaded with them.This kid is a no-miss imo.

6 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I suspect Tre White is a pretty active promoter of his fellow LSU teammates.  Hopefully, he can add some good information to what the scouting staff is able to dig up.

This!! Be great for Tre to have one of his homies up here with him.

4 hours ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918994/article/mike-mayocks-takeaways-from-day-2-of-combine

Receivers

DJ Chark, LSU: Chark's blazing 4.34 40 time impressed Mayock, but after he smoothly caught passes in the gauntlet drill, Mayock really liked what he saw: "He had a real good Senior Bowl week and he's coming out and competing today."

Looks like he is having a solid combine. Watching his highlights it looks like the kid tracks the ball very well.

He's never shown ANY hands in game........having to catch everything against his body makes him a tiny target and if he can't catch the ball outside of his frame you can only use him outside the numbers.    Catching the ball well today helped but man he looks like a project.   Even if just running go-routes in the NFL not being able to extend for the ball makes him so much easier to defense.    

9 hours ago, TigerJ said:

He's not Randy moss. I'm sorry this is ridiculous. 

Stephen Hill ran a 4.36 and was 6'4 and never amounted to anything.

9 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Easy there tiger. Do you know who also looked like Randy Moss??? Stephen Hill.

I'm glad someone pointed this out before me. I'll admit, at the time, I wanted Stephen Hill, bad.

I was wrong. I learned a lot there that the speed and the height don't automatically translate.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's never shown ANY hands in game........having to catch everything against his body makes him a tiny target and if he can't catch the ball outside of his frame you can only use him outside the numbers.    Catching the ball well today helped but man he looks like a project.   Even if just running go-routes in the NFL not being able to extend for the ball makes him so much easier to defense.    

I don't think this is entirely accurate but it's pretty good. As far as  LSU prospects go it's Guice......Key.....................then Chark. He has a ways to go just to be at Goodwin's level. 

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

He's not Randy moss. I'm sorry this is ridiculous. 

Stephen Hill ran a 4.36 and was 6'4 and never amounted to anything.

Chark has very quick feet.....and just a lot more athleticism than Stephen Hil.........but Randy Moss had an incredible catch radius..........Chark's catch radius has been very small and in the NFL DB's will be close enough to get into his body and knock the ball away.......so you really need to be able to extend and hopefully high point the ball to really be a good starting WR.   He may get a bump up the board because of character/work ethic and of course his special teams ability........but it's concerning that he made it this far and still wasn't catching the ball with his hands going into his draft year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Chark has very quick feet.....and just a lot more athleticism than Stephen Hil.........but Randy Moss had an incredible catch radius..........Chark's catch radius has been very small and in the NFL DB's will be close enough to get into his body and knock the ball away.......so you really need to be able to extend and hopefully high point the ball to really be a good starting WR.   He may get a bump up the board because of character/work ethic and of course his special teams ability........but it's concerning that he made it this far and still wasn't catching the ball with his hands going into his draft year.

I 100% disagree ..you need to look at his video again..some of his over the head catches were amazing..great breakaway speed and a nice set of ten fingers..very seldom do I miss a ellessuu game.Baton Rouge Baby!

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I 100% disagree ..you need to look at his video again..some of his over the head catches were amazing..great breakaway speed and a nice set of ten fingers..very seldom do I miss a ellessuu game.Baton Rouge Baby!

Shaquem Griffen says that's 5 too many.