LSU WR DJ Chark - a player to keep an eye on (Update: Pre-draft visit 4/9)

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm more of an Equanimeous St. Brown or Christian Kirk guy, I hope one of them is there for us in the second.

I too am on the St. Brown bandwagon, but I'm also a ND fan. I may be biased a bit. ;) Either way I think his numbers suffered because Wimbush couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if it was open. I can't count on my fingers or toes how many times he missed running open.  I know he should have had at least 8 to 10 more TD's if the QB was at least halfway accurate. He has speed, size, and is a solid route runner for a guy his size. 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I too am on the St. Brown bandwagon, but I'm also a ND fan. I may be biased a bit. ;) Either way I think his numbers suffered because Wimbush couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if it was open. I can't count on my fingers or toes how many times he missed running open.  I know he should have had at least 8 to 10 more TD's if the QB was at least halfway accurate. He has speed, size, and is a solid route runner for a guy his size. 

He can do some freaky acrobatic **** for a guy his size. He is surprisingly fast, gets separation, can win jump balls. If I got to choose between any wr prospect in RD2, it would have to be him. Good point on the QB situation though, the numbers don't do him justice, the talent is there.

56 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'd like to see film of his drops.  He looks like catches almost everything against his body.  Gotta catch with your hands in the NFL. 

Here are 3 vids to watch of St. Brown. He catches plenty of passes with his hands, but sometimes ball placement requires you to let the ball get to your body. You also have to do so when shielding defenders at times. I think he is underrated as a prospect especially when you watch how he runs routes for a guy his size. He's not a one trick pony and he can take a ball to the house from any level of the field. When he runs around 4.45 at the combine it won't be surprising to me like it will be to others. 

Edited by H2o

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

Here are 3 vids to watch of St. Brown. He catches plenty of passes with his hands, but sometimes ball placement requires you to let the ball get to your body. You also have to do so when shielding defenders at times. I think he is underrated as a prospect especially when you watch how he runs routes for a guy his size. He's not a one trick pony and he can take a ball to the house from any level of the field. When he runs around 4.45 at the combine it won't be surprising to me like it will be to others. 

I thought we were talking about Chark..

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Expected to go round 2, Chark has both size and speed. He also has the “DNA” I believe McD looks for. His player profile is very similar to Tre White. He elected to wear the coveted #7 on offense at LSU similar to how Tre wore the #18. He apppears to be the leader type that McD loves. He fills a need at WR with his speed, has the size that Beane seems to like, and would mesh with our current group with KB on other side, Zay in slot. 

Beane was asked if he ever talks to current players about draft prospects and he said he actually just talked to Tre White about someone recently... I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s him. Many times personnel evaluators want to talk to a player who practiced against the guy to get a feel for his strengths, weaknesses, techniques. The Bills also have his former teammate Malachi Dupree on the PS.

Chark played in the Sr Bowl, similar to most of the Bills draft picks last year. I also found it interesting that the Bills met with Derrius Guice at the combine, someone they probably won’t have a chance to get as he’s a 1st rounder. Maybe to learn about his co-captain. 

LSU bios

Chark

White

Chark draft profile 

I'm in on Chark if they want a WR.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on a lot of the college game. I'm a Michigan fan so pretty much only watch them and some bowl games. I hadn't heard about Chark until a few days ago. Did he even start? Or was it more of a running offense. Just hadn't heard of him. Anyone have some good input?

Just now, BeastMode54 said:

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on a lot of the college game. I'm a Michigan fan so pretty much only watch them and some bowl games. I hadn't heard about Chark until a few days ago. Did he even start? Or was it more of a running offense. Just hadn't heard of him. Anyone have some good input?

Yes he’s a two year starter and our best deep threat.

LSU just hasn’t had the QB play, and with Fournette/Guice in the backfield the last two seasons, it’s been impossible to profile a WR in this offense. Chark was a standout and Etling’s favorite target though.