A coup for Beane

gjv001

Would be quite a coup for Beane to get Sammy Watkins back from Los Angeles. 

Not to mention he would be a huge upgrade over Mathews and be the sorely needed

deep threat in our WR corp. Watkins, Benjamin, and Jones , not too shabby. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

...Sammy may have burned too many bridges on his way out...besides, show me the O'Reilly kid first........

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

You don't get rid of a guy because he is a misfit only to bring him back a year later. The Bills were highly invested in Watkins and Beane still saw it fit that he traded him away. 

There is no chance Watkins ends up back here this season.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Now that being said Sammy is not coming back to Buffalo. He will go to a team with an established QB,etc etc

Agreed.  Sammy is on his way into the history books as a touted 1st round pick who didn't live up to his billing. 

He gets the asterisk that he hasn't had an ideal situation - QB, injury, and scheme problems.

I'm Sammy, I go for a lower, but short "prove it" deal with the very best QB and team I can get with, in the hopes that I light up the place and rejuvenate my career.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be all for it and would love to see this happen. Realistically though, there is little to no chance of it actually happening. The Bills will need to look elsewhere to improve their WR corps. For the entire SW situation to result in anything approaching a "Coup" one of two things must happen. The 2nd round pick received from the Rams becomes a HOF player for the Bills OR said pick is part of a package used to draft what ultimately becomes the Bills franchise QB. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

12 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

A "coup" to me is where you bring in something of unexpectedly high value - like maybe we weren't expecting too much of Gaines or Micah Hyde and they proved way better than expected, so that's a "coup" for Beane.   Since Sammy started his life as a high 1st round pick, he has to out-AJ Green to be a coup.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Sammy may have burned too many bridges on his way out...besides, show me the O'Reilly kid first........

I'd like to see more of this kid too... if he gets stronger this offseason I think he can develop nicely 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'd like to see more of this kid too... if he gets stronger this offseason I think he can develop nicely 

..unless I am wrong as usual, I thought he did a nice job showing his wares in TC and pre-season.....then again, I felt the same way about the Hogan kid who was tagged as "good riddance" and has woefully sucked with Pats......

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..unless I am wrong as usual, I thought he did a nice job showing his wares in TC and pre-season.....then again, I felt the same way about the Hogan kid who was tagged as "good riddance" and has woefully sucked with Pats......

I definitely wasn't the biggest Hogan fanboy but I did realize he was solid and getting better. 

Reilly can be a steal. These days there are about 40-50 WRs a year with draftable grades compared to 25-30 15 years ago...

some kids that go undrafted have serious potential... just battled things like injuries and concentration drops (like Reilly at Nebraska)

• Like (+1) 1