Even if Kyle doesn’t retire, no guarantee Bills re-sign him

What do you think will happen with Kyle Williams?   

68 members have voted

1. 1. Kyle will...

• Re-sign with the Bills
    • Retire
    • Continue playing but sign with another team

Based on mcBeane comments yesterday, they want him back but only at certain price. Beane said last time he talked to him he was planning on playing, they’ve submitted an offer to his agent and are waiting to hear back.

Even if Kyle Williams doesn't retire, it's no guarantee the Bills will re-sign him

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2018/03/01/buffalo-bills-kyle-williams-retirement-nfl-scouting-combine-nfl-free-agency/383689002/

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Based on mcBeane comments yesterday, they want him back but only at certain price. Beane said last time he talked to him he was planning on playing, they’ve submitted an offer to his agent and are waiting to hear back.

Even if Kyle Williams doesn't retire, it's no guarantee the Bills will re-sign him

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2018/03/01/buffalo-bills-kyle-williams-retirement-nfl-scouting-combine-nfl-free-agency/383689002/

Don't they want everyone at a certain price?

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It wouldn't be a surprise that Kyle wants more than the Bills are willing to offer.  Then the question would be, does he get a better offer from a team he would like to play for.

He might like to stay close to home in Louisiana, say, and play for the Saints, but they had a great D last year with two young cheap DTs, would they want him?

The Browns might like someone like Kyle because of his intangibles and leadership, but would Williams want to play for another team struggling to turn things around?

I think that's where Beane is coming from, they're saying to Williams "here's our offer, shop yourself and let us know"

It's a difficult position for the Bills to be in. Kyle was the heart and soul of the team for a long time. He was also an excellent DT. One of those things remains unchanged and his value has to be related to that of a team guy on the down slope of his playing career who should not be an every down player. It hurts to write that, as he is one of my all-time favourites, but reality is what it is.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It wouldn't be a surprise that Kyle wants more than the Bills are willing to offer.  Then the question would be, does he get a better offer from a team he would like to play for.

He might like to stay close to home in Louisiana, say, and play for the Saints, but they had a great D last year with two young cheap DTs, would they want him?

The Browns might like someone like Kyle because of his intangibles and leadership, but would Williams want to play for another team struggling to turn things around?

I think that's where Beane is coming from, they're saying to Williams "here's our offer, shop yourself and let us know"

Why would another team make him a better offer?  They won't have to.

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

There is absolutely no way he signs with another team. 

yep, I'd give it a 0% chance he signs with another team.  he has like 25 kids and he's not leaving them at the start of the school year

Kyle made about $9 mil last year. I expect a one year deal with incentives mostly based on playing time. They MIGHT give him a two year deal with a bonus

which can split some of the contract to 2019. But, I would be surprised if this were not his last year. Ya never know, Ya know?

this is the part of the business I don't like. after spending your career with a team there is never any loyalty toward a vet who put it all out there for the team.

it's all about money.

hope they can work it out and I wont be selfish with hoping he retires a bill but instead wish him well where ever he may go, if they can not come to terms.

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this is the part of the business I don't like. after spending your career with a team there is never any loyalty toward a vet who put it all out there for the team.

it's all about money.

hope they can work it out and I wont be selfish with hoping he retires a bill but instead wish him well where ever he may go, if they can not come to terms.

it almost always is