Jets Announce Release of DL Mo Wilkerson - Next Visit with Kansas City

26CornerBlitz

32 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A malcontent with a reputation for laziness and quitting on his team after getting paid isn't exactly the type that this regime strives to obtain.

Sounds a bit familiar....maybe Jax would like him? B-)

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it was prior to 2017 as well but i would have to look it up 

makes the 5th we got for Dareus look good now 

Can't be....doesn't fit the narrative of the board who all appear to have more inside information than the GM.....sorry, you're wrong. Good try.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Wilkerson can certainly play.  Maybe he'd take a Vontae DAvis type deal to earn another big contract and stick it to the Jets twice this year.  He can probably play anywhere on our DL and we certainly need the help up front. 

Man the only issue though is that if a guy has shown that one time, you probably should believe him.  It's too much of a risk and not the attitude that fits into the culture that McD wants to foster.

one year prove it deal laced with incentives. Gives him a chance to up his rep., gives us a potential highly productive interior lineman. I dunno what would we have to lose especially on a one year deal. I understand we want high character guys and maybe it was the caustic locker room with the Jets and knowing they weren't going anywhere was frustrating. Not making excuses for him he's an overpaid whiner if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am quite sure Dareus will be replaced. I don’t think he will be replaced with a similar type of baggage.

Yeah. When I saw the "missing team meetings part" I realized this was going to be a no go.

I just really would like to see D-line nailed down, because Dareus being done made a difference, and with potentially losing Kyle, I would rather be proactive.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

A malcontent with a reputation for laziness and quitting on his team after getting paid isn't exactly the type that this regime strives to obtain.

Agreed.   If they can't stomach Darius, why would they want Mo?