NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

LOL.  I must be watching some other combine...

Did he hit one outside throw to the right?  Pretty sure every single one went out of bounds.

That dud he threw on the middle slant was such a lack of focus.  Like what else should he be thinking about?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's scary then because the talking heads are drooling like Pavlov's Dogs when Allen is mentioned.  It's embarrassing.

No, he didn't, but keep in mind the knock on him is he hasn't worked under center (and he's looked mighty awkward when he does).

That being the case, he looks as though he's really been working on his drops.

Do you really want a QB whose calling card is his ability with his legs though? I'm not saying he doesn't have an arm, I'm just saying the position is there to pass the ball. Drafting a QB who is this erratic directly affects all these other positions you're paying people to play. Why spend a high draft pick on a WR if the QB can't consistently get them the ball? 

Allens arm talent is crazy but rosen really isnt that far off, and he can make every throw consistently. Played in a pro system, mechanics are great. Whats the debate here? Hes matt ryan with a stronger arm imo. 

Mayfield had a really nice showing too and hes def in the top 10-15 now. Love his moxie. Kid went throw for throw with rosen and did not look out of place

On 2/28/2018 at 1:02 PM, thebandit27 said:

Figured it'd be good to keep it all in one place.

MODS--if you disagree, feel free to delete/merge...

Combine Key Measurements thread

I haven’t seen a stitch of the combine until today and not much at that, just the second group of QBs. Has anybody tested “in the red” yet? I suspect Barkley is up there given his bench and vertical,  but don’t have his or anybody else’s full results. 

My boy Rosen looking a little shaky.

What's the word on Simonek? I like what he's doing.

Rudolph should be a model or a movie star

Mayfield's arm is perfectly fine. Strong, even. Lots of zip.

Shaqueem Griffin DOESN'T HAVE A LEFT HAND???  Holy hell what an athlete. 

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

My boy Rosen looking a little shaky.

What's the word on Simonek? I like what he's doing.

Rudolph should be a model or a movie star

Mayfield's arm is perfectly fine. Strong, even. Lots of zip.

Shaqueem Griffin DOESN'T HAVE A LEFT HAND???  Holy hell what an athlete. 

And still put up 6 more reps on the bench than Orlando Brown 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Allens arm talent is crazy but rosen really isnt that far off, and he can make every throw consistently. Played in a pro system, mechanics are great. Whats the debate here? Hes matt ryan with a stronger arm imo. 

Mayfield had a really nice showing too and hes def in the top 10-15 now. Love his moxie. Kid went throw for throw with rosen and did not look out of place

Let's not go overboard with Rosen's accuracy.  Averaged about 61% in college, had a high of 62.6% this year.   Not the greatest.

45 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

You want me to elaborate on Rosen or Mayfield?

Rosen looks like he just doesn't care out there today.  Throws are off, struggling with placement, outside throws are not even in bounds, etc. The kid drops back and you can tell he could careless about going through these drills.

Mayfield is dropping dimes while giving 100% effort.  The dude is taking drop backs and is acting like it is a game situation. 

Rosen needs to humble himself.  People get on Mayfield for being cocky, but Rosen has that quiet, know it all, arrogance that  will kill him.

Interesting

Sounds very biased. I like both and didn't get that at all from watching. Struggling with placement? His intermediate to deep throws were the best of the day out of everyone. He didn't do well with the out to the right, just like several other guys including Bake. I saw Baker miss multiple throws so I don't really get why you think he did much better.

Also, Rosen's footwork was beautiful. It looked smooth to me, not disinterested. People hate Rodgers attitude too.

Edited by Elite Poster

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Let's not go overboard with Rosen's accuracy.  Averaged about 61% in college, had a high of 62.6% this year.   Not the greatest.

Well he also had to throw all game because their defense couldnt stop a cold

37 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I think you're seeing what you want to see. 

I'm not a huge Rosen fan, but his performance was pretty solid today. He and Mayfield were the only future NFL QBs in Group 2 by a pretty wide margin. 

Both guys looked good. 

Thing is.. takestime has a point many that worked with him as a high school senior said he had a quiet arrogance about him that turned them off.

Some people claim to see and hear that same arrogance even now. They question how much he truly cares about the game...

Take it for what it worth. Baker May flop so could Rosen. Nobody knows. All I know is that it’s not college and neither have taken a snap in the NFL nor have had the opportunity to prove themselves.

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Best TE in the draft. I'm certain he'll be a member of either the Falcons or the Pats on day 1. 

Best TE is Hurst from South Carolina 

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Best TE in the draft. I'm certain he'll be a member of either the Falcons or the Pats on day 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Andrews is the next Gronk. Mark it down. Hurst is also 25. Shorter shelf life than Andrews. He's solid, but Andrews will be the better Pro. 

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

A lot of people here seem to forget Jimbo had an absolutely horrible, brash personality.

I don't care, who can spin the ball, get me that guy.

Thing is... if Rosen can be all in, he may be able to pick up any offensive scheme, make it his and read defenses probably better than any QB.

Is he coachable at the NFL, will his work ethic take off to a new level? Will his teammates respond to his leadership?  

I personally dont don’t know if he truly loves the game like Baker does, but Baker isn’t on his talent level all around.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Do you really want a QB whose calling card is his ability with his legs though? I'm not saying he doesn't have an arm, I'm just saying the position is there to pass the ball. Drafting a QB who is this erratic directly affects all these other positions you're paying people to play. Why spend a high draft pick on a WR if the QB can't consistently get them the ball? 

How many TD passes in college... HE DOES GET THEM THE BALL.

Again people need to stop looking at the kid and see Tyrod Taylor....some of you just cant get past it

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I haven’t seen a stitch of the combine until today and not much at that, just the second group of QBs. Has anybody tested “in the red” yet? I suspect Barkley is up there given his bench and vertical,  but don’t have his or anybody else’s full results. 

Off the top of my head:

Barkley

N. Chubb

Q Nelson

Braden Smith

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

Andrews is the next Gronk. Mark it down. Hurst is also 25. Shorter shelf life than Andrews. He's solid, but Andrews will be the better Pro. 

Andrews is more of a Greg Olson type than a Gronk type. Goedert is more of that Gronk type.