If we keep Tyrod. I'm done.

BuffaloBud420

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

How is having a Matt Moore or Chad Henne playing ahead of a rookie QB "creating the best situation for that rookie"?   Are you suggesting that the Bills need to insure that the veteran QB on the roster is absolutely no threat to their "future franchise QB"?  In that case, the Bills should just reprise 2013 and start the season with Peterman, the rookie QB, and a practice squad refugee.   That guarantees that the rookie QB will be starting before mid-season and saves a ton of cap space to boot.

Yea cos that is the choice.... Tyrod or Matt Moore. 

Straw man alert. 

47 minutes ago, stony said:

Despite a slippage in form, Warner was a Superbowl winning QB.  I'm sure many in the media and locker room thought he deserved a longer leash.  Tyrod has Donald Jones questioning his ability on state sponsored radio.  

Well we will never get to see what the reaction would be. Tyrod won't be here. 

46 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

A guy that understands defenses, calls audibles, goes through his progressions, has a lot more value to a rookie QB than a guy like Taylor who goes into improv mode the majority of the game and doesn't understand the position in depth. 

What Bill said about Beane and McD having no appetite for another Tyrod benching also carries some weight. It's an unnessecary distraction and Taylor's own comments last year fed that narrative. 

The argument about Tyrod not being able to mentor a young QB because he's not a conventional QB is nonsense.  As others have said, teaching young QBs is the job of coaches, and to paraphrase  Brett Favre, who was at best unhelpful to Aaron Rodgers, "It's not my job."

Tyrod Taylor isn't Kurt Warner.  He's also not Eli Manning.  The reality is that if Nate Peterman had played better, benching Taylor for him would have never been an issue.  If the rookie QB plays decently when given the opportunity, then it's a non-issue.  It only becomes an issue if the rookie QB isn't good enough ... as JP Losman wasn't in 2005. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

What if the Bills are over .500 when they make the change?  Because that was what happened when the Giants benched Kurt Warner for Eli Manning and Eli was a 1st overall pick with the surname "Manning".

Because I don't agree with it.  The only questions the Bills should be asking themselves are:

1) which rookie in this class do we want;

2) how do we make sure we get them;

3) how do we create the best situation for that rookie.

To me Tyrod as your veteran is not doing #3.  Now you still need a veteran... you just need one without the history, the baggage and the drama that the Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo story is.  

And starting him day one simply because he's a first round pick is not doing #3 either.

I don't see Taylor having much baggage or "history".  I think what you're doing is just self-affirming your hatred for a particular player as opposed to thinking logically about the situation. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The more threads I see like this the more I hope Tyrod is back next year... and to be clear no part of me actually thinks that will happen.

You sir are a provocateur! Is it your ambition in life to make me unhappy? :(

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea cos that is the choice.... Tyrod or Matt Moore. 

Straw man alert.

Okay, then who would the Bills sign?  It's easy to pretend that the Bills can upgrade the QB position with some cheap unnamed FA QB, but when you start putting names to "veteran FA QB", the picture looks very different.  You don't like Moore or Henne, then what about Teddy Bridgewater?  Mike Glennon?  Josh McKown?  AJ McCarron?  Geno Smith?  Trevor Siemian?     

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You sir are a provocateur! Is it your ambition in life to make me unhappy? :(

At this point I'm indifferent about Tyrod. I won't be bothered if they bring him back or if they let him go. Either way the clear plan is for the Bills to draft our franchise QB. We need a veteran QB so we aren't forced to rush the rookie, and to me it doesn't matter if that veteran is Tyrod or whoever else. There is zero chance the Bills will just move forward with Tyrod alone at this point. Even if we keep him it's only in service of a totally different long-term plan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

At this point I'm indifferent about Tyrod. I won't be bothered if they bring him back or if they let him go. Either way the clear plan is for the Bills to draft our franchise QB. We need a veteran QB so we aren't forced to rush the rookie, and to me it doesn't matter if that veteran is Tyrod or whoever else. There is zero chance the Bills will just move forward with Tyrod alone at this point. Even if we keep him it's only in service of a totally different long-term plan.

Maybe it'll go down just like KC this past year. Trade up for the future, Tyrod has a career year, everyone wins.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Maybe it'll go down just like KC this past year. Trade up for the future, Tyrod has a career year, everyone wins.

Sure, and that's more likely to happen than some people think. Personally my first choice for a veteran QB would be Sam Bradford, followed by Tyrod because he is already familiar with the players and is comfortable playing in Buffalo. I am sure Daboll could actually build an offense that suits him. If the rookie comes in and blows Tyrod out of the water in camp so be it, everyone wins. So if I were the Bills I'd see if I could get at least a 4th for Tyrod, if not I would just keep him as the veteran in an open competition.

• Like (+1) 2