Cost of Chicken Wings

Buffalo716

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What kind ya get buddy

I went to a place with a crazy dry rub on the hot. I’ve posted this before, but I was sitting there once and a guy comes in with his wife and ordered the hot. They warned him hot is VERY HOT. He said that’s why God invented beer. I say the medium are really pretty good. He stuck with the hot. They came out with the dry rub instead of a sauce. During the first wing I asked “how are they?” He tells me “fine.” During the second wing he says “the heat builds on you.” He orders another beer. During the third wing he’s sweating, his nose is running and he orders yet another beer. Tears start running down his face, but he finished his 6 wings with a couple more beers. 

I got the medium. 

Edited by Augie

On 2/24/2018 at 5:18 PM, Foxx said:

are you old enough to remember $.10 wings at your local watering hole?

heresy

Jimmy Js on Bailey Ave. Could go there with $10 and youd get a pitcher of beer and bunch of wings and still have money to spare

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I like them when they are charred on the grill for BBQ wings

other than that give me mild, medium or hot I could care less! Though medium is probably my favorite 

Hot for me, but none of that suicide trash for me.

4 hours ago, FappyTheClown said:

Wings are for fatties.

You need to leave now :thumbdown:

45 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like them when they are charred on the grill for BBQ wings

other than that give me mild, medium or hot I could care less! Though medium is probably my favorite 

The last time we went to your place (Duff's)..the mediums tasted like our mouths walked into a working furnance.That place is not only priced high but they are also hyped to much..like Anchor.nine-eleven tavern,ottos,bar bill,Danny's etc blow them away..the UB North campus kids keep that Sheridan drive place crankin..the dock road location isn't as crowded as it once was either.....I gotchowingritehea

Velocity Wings in Virginia  

10 --  $12 

15 --  $16 

20 --  $20

30 --  $28

50 --  $46

Our 1/4 lb Burger  w/ a fresh pickle spear and a side of shoestring fries   $9

Our 1/2 lb Burger  w/ a fresh pickle spear and a side of shoestring fries   $12

thought I'd throw in their alternates 

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Velocity Wings in Virginia  

10 --  $12 

15 --  $16 

20 --  $20

30 --  $28

50 --  $46

Our 1/4 lb Burger  w/ a fresh pickle spear and a side of shoestring fries   $9

Our 1/2 lb Burger  w/ a fresh pickle spear and a side of shoestring fries   $12

thought I'd throw in their alternates 

Yeah...I love wings but with alternatives being cheaper (and more filling!) I find myself only eating them on special occasions or when I can get somewhere for all-you-can-eat wings.  I can put down a couple dozen for a $13 or $14 (plus beer) check for the all-you-can-eat deal.

13 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

The last time we went to your place (Duff's)..the mediums tasted like our mouths walked into a working furnance.That place is not only priced high but they are also hyped to much..like Anchor.nine-eleven tavern,ottos,bar bill,Danny's etc blow them away..the UB North campus kids keep that Sheridan drive place crankin..the dock road location isn't as crowded as it once was either.....I gotchowingritehea

Hehe... they tell you that medium is hot. Mild is the way to go for me at least. Last time I had them at the Dick road location was when the Bills played the Bengals, at home, and Jimi Hendrix was the QB. No complaints, the wings were excellent... and the chick we had serving us was very cool too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Hehe... they tell you that medium is hot. Mild is the way to go for me at least. Last time I had them at the Dick road location was when the Bills played the Bengals, at home, and Jimi Hendrix was the QB. No complaints, the wings were excellent... and the chick we had serving us was very cool too.

Yep I forget to mention that they say mild is medium, medium is hot, hot is really hot lol

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Round here we used to have Sunday 10 cent wings at the local watering hole. I haven’t seen that special in a number of years.

I have no idea what happened.....it just sort of went away.

that seems like an incredible deal. the best i have seen lately is 50 cent wing night. several places seem to have that. and i keep thinking "how the hell is that a deal?". damn inflation.

3 hours ago, T&C said:

Hot...not volcano ash hot.

18 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Same with Avocados. I blame the Mexcan cartels.

On 2/24/2018 at 5:14 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I just bought a single order of wings from Duffs and it was over $14!

Jeez I knew food prices are going up and I haven't been to Duffs in a couple months...

but 14 bucks for 10 wings!

I quit at a dollar a wing - priced out of desire

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It is definitely not desirable!

At least I can still get a footlong hotdog, a regular dog and a fry at Teds for less than $10

don't even get me started on the price of a friggen hot dog!

I remember the $.10 wings very fondly.

There days my wife makes them and while they are not "original" they are before original since the Chinese were making them before they were first time an item at the Anchor Bar.  She bought a 40 pound box of chicken wings (if that does not show someone who likes wings, I do not know what does) and while they do not cost as much as boneless chicken breast at around $.49/pound are still more than I remember paying before.

4 minutes ago, JinVA said:

Just sat down at my local wing spot that offers 20 for $10 on Monday’s thanks to this thread. I always forget about it, thanks folks.

I went with the charred BBQ.

How many people in on those 20 wings? Just curious....

21 minutes ago, JinVA said:

Just sat down at my local wing spot that offers 20 for $10 on Monday’s thanks to this thread. I always forget about it, thanks folks.

I went with the charred BBQ.

I take it this place isn't in Buffalo :P

price is too good. I do love charred BBQ which is what I opened this thread with