Former NFL Lineman Jonathan Martin Seems Very Troubled - Has Been Taken into Custody

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Yes and obviously his issues run deep. I understand incognito may have been at fault when that whole thing went down, but it's starting to look like this guy is all out of whack. You don't do this kind of thing as a full grown adult and not have a few screws loose 

It dates back further than Richie... Have you seen his quotes about his high school. 

27 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I almost think he's saying that he ISNT a coward, because only cowards take the suicide or mass shooting route. And he has not. I think he was trying to say, "I was bullied from high school all the way through the NFL. I also have a gun. But I'd never use it". But damn, that is NOT the way it comes across. Horrible execution. The imagery is just too strong.

Yeah I agree.  I'm not sure what he is saying here but it is really not a good look for him.  Like I said it reads to me like he is screaming out for help.  It sounds like he is currently getting some but I really don't think this story will have a happy ending unfortunately.

18 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Conservative thinking: 

"Let's give all these NFL players guns now to protect themselves from other retired/bullied players."

LOL

6 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Liberal thinking:

"Let's just ban retired/bullied players from getting a shotgun and hope they don't get their hands on one."

LOL

Your both and idiots

1 minute ago, section122 said:

Yeah I agree.  I'm not sure what he is saying here but it is really not a good look for him.  Like I said it reads to me like he is screaming out for help.  It sounds like he is currently getting some but I really don't think this story will have a happy ending unfortunately.

Your both and idiots

No name calling and insulting on these forums. 

2 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Makes no sense but OK... lol

Well neither did yours... To be honest I think both sides of the aisle are wrong on solutions. Unfortunately with the way people are now a days I think only solution is to start treating public schools like airports. Get armed security, metal detectors and xray machines and all that. Would create more jobs and better protect children

This guy has had issues since he was in the league, it was obvious when the whole thing with Richie went down. He needs to be placed on psych hold, evaluated and committed involuntarily where he can't hurt people. To the people defending him - despite depression and mental illness hurting someone else is always a choice, there is no excuse for this. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

You've dropped a couple nuggets in this thread. Chill.

Settle down white knight, the guy has made flat out racist statements in print. You should read the article and see this gem:

"you learn to tone down your size & blackness by becoming shy, introverted, friendly, so you won’t scare the little rich white kids or their parents."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think his point is lost in the amplitude of his post here.  I do NOT think he intends to do anything to anyone.

I think what he is trying to say is that when you are bullied - you have a few options....  (he didn't list all of them obviously)

1) stand up for yourself and stop the bullying, end of story.

2) ignore it and hope it goes away

3) take it personal - and escalate the violence - depending on your "cowardice" level

a) commit suicide because you can't stand it

b) go 'postal'

These are all real responses to being bullied.  He seems to have focused on #3 in that post.  Obviously #3 is the wrong way to deal with this.

I think where he made his biggest mistake here is calling out his "bullies" by name - when this has already been dealt with externally at least by the NFL and the Dolphins. He obviously has not moved past it.  Maybe he never will.  I do not have a clue what sort of reconciliation (if any) took place between him and his bullies.  I don't pretend to have any clue about his past at his H.S. either and would not pretend to.  This sounds like a desperate call for help.

1 minute ago, MTBill said:

I think his point is lost in the amplitude of his post here.  I do NOT think he intends to do anything to anyone.

I think what he is trying to say is that when you are bullied - you have a few options....  (he didn't list all of them obviously)

1) stand up for yourself and stop the bullying, end of story.

2) ignore it and hope it goes away

3) take it personal - and escalate the violence - depending on your "cowardice" level

a) commit suicide because you can't stand it

b) go 'postal'

These are all real responses to being bullied.  He seems to have focused on #3 in that post.  Obviously #3 is the wrong way to deal with this.

I think where he made his biggest mistake here is calling out his "bullies" by name - when this has already been dealt with externally at least by the NFL and the Dolphins. He obviously has not moved past it.  Maybe he never will.  I do not have a clue what sort of reconciliation (if any) took place between him and his bullies.  I don't pretend to have any clue about his past at his H.S. either and would not pretend to.  This sounds like a desperate call for help.

You're giving this sicko credit and he deserves none. There is no #3 in his post, he identifies people by name and wrote the name of 2 places on the gun, he's sick in the head. Takes quite a few leaps of faith to get to the made up story you jumped to here and he deserves no faith. 

He's had issues dating back to his teenage years. I read the reports and the texts when the investigation was happening several years ago and to me, he came off like a kid that was trying to fit in. He certainly didn't just sit back and become a target that those guys kept going after, he threw in his fair share of zingers. And that's all it was meant to be, guys giving each other sh*t in an alpha-male environment. 

Everyone deals with some kind of crap in life, whether it's some kind of addiction, a mental or physical health issue, incurable Bills fan syndrome, etc. The first step is always the hardest but there's no way he can say he hasn't been afforded plenty of opportunities to get help and work on his issues. 

He grew up in an affluent family with two Harvard graduates for parents. His father is a professor of criminal justice administration at Cal State and his mother is a corporate lawyer for Toyota. While he may have had all the material wants/needs while growing up, he felt like an outsider because he isn't your average, everyday middle-class American. I don't know if he was made to feel that way by other kids in school or if he just felt that way naturally. Either way, again, we all deal with our crap and at a certain point you figure out a way to work on it and manage it or you give in and let it consume you. I hope he can turn it around and realize his current train of thought will do no one any good, including him.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Nope. wrong. Ritchie Incognito messed up this dude with the bullying. Bullying is unacceptable at any level especially when it's combined with racism.

The bullying was addressed. The players were separated. Richie was punished by the NFL and Martin got a fresh start. 

Incognito is a scumbag for many reasons, but even with his bullying of Martin, he has nothing to do with Martin's actions here. He did not make Martin buy a shotgun or post that image with those words. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We know one fact.  He posted a pic of a gun with words "suicide" and "revenge" in it.

I think he might be crying for help as well but there are more sane ways of doing it.

He is not thinking in a sane way...that's my point! We never thought my sister would put a pistol to her head in front of my other sister..but she did.And she was a OR nurse..it haunts us everyday and in a way has tore our family apart.I'm out of this thread now..it's hitting home to hard for me.peace.

• Sad 1