Former NFL Lineman Jonathan Martin Seems Very Troubled - Has Been Taken into Custody

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I will be very interested to see how quickly (if at all) official NFL channels begin their reporting on this... Seems like the whole thing with him was meant to be swept under the rug and this really paints the NFL in a bad light.

The !@#$ this have to do with the NFL? he's been out of the league for 3 years

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The !@#$ this have to do with the NFL? he's been out of the league for 3 years

Well, on the one hand... This is potentially another CTE/football related mental health issue and those continue to be a sore spot/spot of contention for the NFL. 

Secondly, if this is a pre-existing mental health issue it points to the fact that this guy worked for the NFL (specifically for the dolphins) for several years and people did not notice/pick up on the issues he was dealing with or else did not pursue getting him needed help. 

Thirdly, it brings into question how readily the NFL was to listen and discipline other people based on the testimony of an (apparently) deranged person. 

The Title of this very thread is why it looks bad: "Former NFL Lineman" ..... That is going to be the tagline whether or not it's deserved. 

Edited by whatdrought

Just now, whatdrought said:

Well, on the one hand... This is either another CTE issue and those continue to be a sore spot/spot of contention for the NFL. 

Secondly, if this is a pre-existing mental health issue it points to the light that this guy worked for the NFL (specifically for the dolphins) for several years and people did not notice/pick up on the issues he was dealing with or else did not pursue getting him needed help. 

Thirdly, it brings into question how readily the NFL was to listen and discipline other people based on the testimony of an (apparently) deranged person. 

The Title of this very thread is why it looks bad: "Former NFL Lineman" ..... That is going to be the tagline whether or not it's deserved. 

It seems pre-existing since this dates back to HS. But it will drag that whole Richie story/Ted Wells investigation back out.

Not to make light of this post but does he even know what he is saying here?  The text states:

If you're a bully victim and a coward you have 2 choices.

If you're a bully victim and a coward

So he's calling himself a coward?  Then threatening violence at the end?  Hopefully he was using this as a cry for help because it reads like a giant one.

1 minute ago, section122 said:

Not to make light of this post but does he even know what he is saying here?  The text states:

So he's calling himself a coward?  Then threatening violence at the end?  Hopefully he was using this as a cry for help because it reads like a giant one.

Yes I think he was calling himself a coward

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes I think he was calling himself a coward

I almost think he's saying that he ISNT a coward, because only cowards take the suicide or mass shooting route. And he has not. I think he was trying to say, "I was bullied from high school all the way through the NFL. I also have a gun. But I'd never use it". But damn, that is NOT the way it comes across. Horrible execution. The imagery is just too strong.

Richie may be a bit of a handful, but context clues are starting to add up.  It’s telling none of his Fins teammates ever stood up for Martin....heck one stood up for Hernandez.  It’s further telling that Martin seems to have a clear complex where everyone is a bully to him.  I’m sure it’s disturbing for Richie to see his name next to a gun like that....but hopefully he sees this post for what it is, vindication...as clearly Martin is crazy.