Kim Pegula seeks compromise with players on social protests

YoloinOhio

19 hours ago, Dan said:

I think you have no idea what my problems are.  

Yes, the NFL stage is used to suuport lotst of causes and things.  But, that's the NFL deciding what they want to do.  Not the players.   The players are the employees, the NFL (and owners) are the boss.  As an employee, you follow the company policies and procedures or you get fired.    

Personally, I think the players can protest whatever they want... On their own time.   But that is the key, do it on thier time not the team's.    I don't think they should be protesting police brutality and oppression any more than they should be holding up a sign to buy girl scout cookies during the game.    

Lets see what happens on this off season. The players have a lot of down time to address their agendas. 

For my part, I am not taking the bait here in this thread, or from protest participants and supporters, or from President Trump.

In my view, that is because I can think and control my impulses so that my activities are directed in a way that benefits me and that reflect how I want to conduct myself.

No amount of explanation seems to be effective or desired. So I will leave that out.

So what I will do is watch the players, owners, the league and some proportion of fans on both sides be trolled and manipulated  and if it starts to bother me I can just tune all that out.

22 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Instead, you saw reactionary fans intentionally misconstruing everything to somehow be about disrespecting the troops or other such nonsense

I can not disagree more with "reactionary fans misconstruing". Disrespect was shown not only the flag, but the country it symbolizes. McCoy was at one point on the ground exercising. There was no "misconstruing" here. With regard to being "reactionary" that is liberal speak for taking offense to any offensive action intentionally made. Good. Let the NFL fall apart. Which is more important, USA or NFL?

4 hours ago, John in Jax said:

So because I have a different opinion than some other people.....and oh btw, that opinion is 100% fact.....you feel justified to call me dumb, or a moron!? 

Again, I don't think that's allowed by the TOS, but like I said earlier, maybe the rules have changed, and we're now clear to verbally attack other Bills' fans because we don't agree what with they say.

LMAO again. Saying things about players vs. attacking fellow posters are two very different things.

And your ASSumption about me is pure garbage, because you have absolutely no idea about me and my life. I live very comfortably and happily, and want for nothing. No anger and no jealousy here.

Oh, so you know for a fact players don't know what they are protesting, because they are dumb as rocks? You have absolutely no idea about most of these players lives, but find it ok to lump them all together and make a claim like you did? Give me a break dude, Thats just straight BS. Im sorry i hurt your feelings there, champ. 

10 hours ago, John in Jax said:

So because I have a different opinion than some other people.....and oh btw, that opinion is 100% fact.....you feel justified to call me dumb, or a moron!? 

Again, I don't think that's allowed by the TOS, but like I said earlier, maybe the rules have changed, and we're now clear to verbally attack other Bills' fans because we don't agree what with they say.

LMAO again. Saying things about players vs. attacking fellow posters are two very different things.

Easy, now. I chose my words carefully. I didn't call you a moron, or dumb, or as sharp as a bag of wet mice, or anything like that. I called your post dumb-- the dumbest in a really dumb thread. And it was. Although, you may have outdone yourself with this last one. Honestly, what else could I call your assertion that your opinion that, "most NFL players are just slightly smarter than a rock," (your words) is "100% fact?" It numbs the mind!

I'm pretty sure I haven't violated the TOS. If we weren't allowed to call out posts we thought were dumb, there'd be a whole lot of empty space on this site. 

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Easy, now. I chose my words carefully. I didn't call you a moron, or dumb, or as sharp as a bag of wet mice, or anything like that. I called your post dumb-- the dumbest in a really dumb thread. And it was. Although, you may have outdone yourself with this last one. Honestly, what else could I call your assertion that your opinion that, "most NFL players are just slightly smarter than a rock," (your words) is "100% fact?" It numbs the mind!

I'm pretty sure I haven't violated the TOS. If we weren't allowed to call out posts we thought were dumb, there'd be a whole lot of empty space on this site. 

LMAO once again. Did you used to work for Bill Clinton? "It depends on what the definition of is is."

OK, though, I'll go along to get along. IMO, your post I'm quoting here is IDIOTIC. I mean, I'm not calling YOU an Idiot (even though YOU wrote the Idiotic post). ROTFLMAO

11 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

LMAO once again. Did you used to work for Bill Clinton? "It depends on what the definition of is is."

OK, though, I'll go along to get along. IMO, your post I'm quoting here is IDIOTIC. I mean, I'm not calling YOU an Idiot (even though YOU wrote the Idiotic post). ROTFLMAO

:thumbsup:

I like Kim but i don't think she is above critique. Learning curve. Mr Pegula as well.

I suspect they are of good hearts.

just hope they are putting the right people in the right places and allowing them to grow.
McBeanes are the study group

On 2/23/2018 at 11:01 AM, RussellDopeland said:

Remember - this wasn't necessarily an "issue" until Cheeto Jesus chimed in, claiming the protests unpatriotic and effrontery to our troops (this coming from the 5-time draft deferment recipient- President Bone Spurs). Can't we just let this go and focus on football....please?

No this was an issue started by Colin Kaepernick, but I would like to let it go and get back to football.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 7:32 PM, John in Jax said:

Pretty much, yes. I mean honestly, most NFL players are just slightly smarter than a rock.  I mean, is there really any doubt about the latter?

And before the SJWs come screaming in with "that's raaaayyyyyyycist", no, it's not. It's a cold hard fact.

There are definitely players in the NFL that are dumb. But it seems like quite an assumption to assume "most are just slightly smarter than a rock"... 

I'd be interested in reading the sources you got these cold hard facts from if you wouldn't mind sharing the links.

An NFL playbook is not exactly kindergarten stuff. You have to memorize a complex playbook about as thick as a dictionary. 

There is a ridiculous amount of stuff that goes into basically every play call, too. You have to know what you're doing, as well as multiple other players on the field - on offense and defense. Then you have to make split second decisions based on what type of coverage you see pre and post snap. Something as small as which way a safety or linebacker turns/looks can change your responsibilities on a given play. You have to know multiple concepts for each and every play, and then be able to execute them properly base on those split second decisions. 

Depending on what position you play, you have to not only know your own assignment but everyone else's assignment too. On every single installed play. Of which there are easily at least 50-80+, or even 100+ depending on the coach, and that's per week. That's not even mentioning the separate plays installed for 3rd downs and for the red zone. 

You are having to do all do all of this against other professionals who are not only trying to stop/beat you, but also trick you as well. 

I would venture to guess that you have to be a bit smarter than you are giving them credit for in order to learn everything that goes into preparing for a game.

Check out this video. He talks about how Jon Gruden used to install 200-250 plays A WEEK! 150+ passing plays, 20-30 3rd down plays, 15-20 red zone plays... every week. 

Here's a good story on how hard it is to master an NFL playbook (according to a neuroscientist -

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/08/04/how-difficult-it-memorize-nfl-playbook-neurologist-explains

Just out of curiosity I decided to briefly look into average intelligence of NFL players.

Heres a huge list of NFL players wonderlic scores. A score of 20 is considered average intelligence. There sure are a whole lot of NFL players who scored higher than that. In fact, most of these test scores are above average -

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

Heres the average wonderlic scores by position -

http://www.assessmentpsychology.com/nfl.htm

• Offensive Tackle - 26
  • Center - 25 
  • Quarterback - 24 
  • Guard - 23 
  • Tight End - 22 
  • Safety - 19 
  • Linebacker - 19 
  • Cornerback - 18 
  • Wide receiver - 17
  • Fullback - 17 
  • Halfback - 16

Seems like most fall somewhere between slightly above average to slightly below average. 

Edited by BillsFan4

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Good for them. They are the employer after all. 

It's lame... The people who claim that the left gets offended by everything need to stop being offended by everything.

They jumped the shark. The war on Christmas, all of the bull ****.

Don't even play the national anthem. It has nothing to do with sporting events. I don't get it. I'm fine with it being played and I stand, but if a player kneels or it wasn't played, I wouldn't care.

All these mofos who want to give Jefferson quotes and talk about the founders, I don't think really understand what he'd be like. I can't speak for him, but I think it's a fair point.

• Like (+1) 2

I think seeking compromise is a good answer. The protest didn't offend me personally. I do understand why it offended veterans. I do understand why people did protest in the first place. 

In the end we all got problems man. Look all over the internet and YouTube and you can a lot of self expression and people voicing opinions. It's the medium for that type of thing. You are a player in the NFL. You probably can afford to make produce some nice awareness videos for YouTube if you want. 

I mean if the message is appropriate the team can find a way to display it. I'm all for that. That could of solved the whole thing. Ok the NFL will put on a display for equality or whatever the issue is.

I'm not going to kneel because to me it's a posture of weakness. I'd rather the team just let the players find a consensus message and find a way to display it on the big screen at the stadium.

The only problem I have with the protests is that it's lazy. Your kind of biting the hand that feeds you to promote your message. I can't remember but it was kinda negative for the NFL in ways. 

Even still in the end one dude started it all. I honestly don't think he needed to sacrifice his job. I think he could of gotten the message out with a few kneel downs. I understand the sentiment and it worked but then he pushed it to hard in the NFL.

He had an opportunity to bring it beyond and outside the NFL.

Edited by Lfod

The players don't know what they are protesting? That has to be the dumbest post I've read in all of my years posting on Bills' boards. Here's a clue. They know WAY better then you.

15 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It's lame... The people who claim that the left gets offended by everything need to stop being offended by everything.

They jumped the shark. The war on Christmas, all of the bull ****.

Don't even play the national anthem. It has nothing to do with sporting events. I don't get it. I'm fine with it being played and I stand, but if a player kneels or it wasn't played, I wouldn't care.

All these mofos who want to give Jefferson quotes and talk about the founders, I don't think really understand what he'd be like. I can't speak for him, but I think it's a fair point.

Quoting Jefferson the slave owner on civil rights? That's rich.