Active shooter at Florida high school

One of our biggest problems stares us straight in the face.

When Will We Have the Guts to Link Fatherlessness to School Shootings?
by Susan Goldberg

Original Article

Now that the gun control advocates have had their fifteen minutes of fame, let’s start focusing on the real issues impacting the rise in school shootings since that infamous day in Columbine in 1999. Issue number one that no one in the mainstream media or government wants to acknowledge: fatherlessness. Specifically, the impact of fatherlessness on the boys who grew up to become school shooters. Dr. Warren Farrell, author of the new book The Boy Crisis, explains: Minimal or no father involvement, whether due to divorce, death, or imprisonment, is common to Adam Lanza, Elliott Rodgers, Dylan Roof and Stephen Paddock.

On 2/18/2018 at 11:39 AM, B-Man said:

One of our biggest problems stares us straight in the face.

When Will We Have the Guts to Link Fatherlessness to School Shootings?
by Susan Goldberg

Original Article

Now that the gun control advocates have had their fifteen minutes of fame, let’s start focusing on the real issues impacting the rise in school shootings since that infamous day in Columbine in 1999. Issue number one that no one in the mainstream media or government wants to acknowledge: fatherlessness. Specifically, the impact of fatherlessness on the boys who grew up to become school shooters. Dr. Warren Farrell, author of the new book The Boy Crisis, explains: Minimal or no father involvement, whether due to divorce, death, or imprisonment, is common to Adam Lanza, Elliott Rodgers, Dylan Roof and Stephen Paddock.

That issue shouldn't be limited to school shootings.  It's a total guess at this point but I'd put decent money that the majority of violent crimes committed by men would  fall into the same category.

25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That issue shouldn't be limited to school shootings.  It's a total guess at this point but I'd put decent money that the majority of violent crimes committed by men would  fall into the same category.

Yep. I would argue it's one of the most critical issues of our time. Unfortunately, we see it primarily in the poor minority communities (over 77% of black children are born to a single mother) , and whenever anyone -- even a person of color -- tries to point this out from a position of self-accountability and -responsibility, it turns into a shouting match about something other than the problem.

But let's take the guns. Because everyone knows if someone wants to kill a bunch of people, and make it illegal to get a weapon, they'll change their mind and choose to not kill anyone.

25 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Yep. I would argue it's one of the most critical issues of our time. Unfortunately, we see it primarily in the poor minority communities (over 77% of black children are born to a single mother) , and whenever anyone -- even a person of color -- tries to point this out from a position of self-accountability and -responsibility, it turns into a shouting match about something other than the problem.

But let's take the guns. Because everyone knows if someone wants to kill a bunch of people, and make it illegal to get a weapon, they'll change their mind and choose to not kill anyone.

You know what would help.

Once we make guns illegal, then let's make killing someone illegal.

There's no way someone would break 2 laws.

1 hour ago, Joe Miner said:

You know what would help.

Once we make guns illegal, then let's make killing someone illegal.

There's no way someone would break 2 laws.

Signs too. We need more signs declaring 'gun free' and 'drug free' zones. That will ensure safety. No one disregards signs!

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Signs too. We need more signs declaring 'gun free' and 'drug free' zones. That will ensure safety. No one disregards signs!

Once guns are illegal

Once killing people is illegal

Once having a gun on school property is illegal

Once it's illegal to conceal weapons without a permit

Once it's illegal to brandish a firearm

Once it's illegal to transport loaded rifle

WHO NEEDS DISCIPLINE? Did the Progressive ‘Broward County Solution’ Cost 17 Student Lives?

“Broward County used to lead the state of Florida in sending students to the state’s juvenile justice system. County leaders responded with a perfectly progressive solution: ‘lower arrests by not making arrests.’ . . . One particular motivation behind programs like Broward County’s was the pressure from multiple sources to reduce the statistical disparity between black and Hispanic student arrests on one hand and white and Asian student arrests on the other.”

Plus: “By virtue of his name alone, Nikolas de Jesús Cruz, the adopted son of Lynda and Roger Cruz, became a statistical Hispanic. As such, authorities at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland had every reason not to report his troubling and likely criminal behavior to the police.”

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

WHO NEEDS DISCIPLINE? Did the Progressive ‘Broward County Solution’ Cost 17 Student Lives?

“Broward County used to lead the state of Florida in sending students to the state’s juvenile justice system. County leaders responded with a perfectly progressive solution: ‘lower arrests by not making arrests.’ . . . One particular motivation behind programs like Broward County’s was the pressure from multiple sources to reduce the statistical disparity between black and Hispanic student arrests on one hand and white and Asian student arrests on the other.”

Plus: “By virtue of his name alone, Nikolas de Jesús Cruz, the adopted son of Lynda and Roger Cruz, became a statistical Hispanic. As such, authorities at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland had every reason not to report his troubling and likely criminal behavior to the police.”

I just need to ask...how tar covered does a shell where a soul once was have to be look at a mass shooting, where a 19 year old had access to a civilian model assault weapon, gas grenades, the wherewithal to flood the range with targets and then sneak out, and decide to start blaming the discipline of other children?

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Within a week............................Liberalism is a disease.

Drew McCoy added,

...Because access to being involved with civics is the exact same as access to a device whose sole purpose is bodily harm and death.

I think drinking age should be lower too, but come on, it is lunacy to try to equate the two things.

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I just need to ask...how tar covered does a shell where a soul once was have to be look at a mass shooting, where a 19 year old had access to a civilian model assault weapon, gas grenades, the wherewithal to flood the range with targets and then sneak out, and decide to start blaming the discipline of other children?

...Because access to being involved with civics is the exact same as access to a device whose sole purpose is bodily harm and death.

I think drinking age should be lower too, but come on, it is lunacy to try to equate the two things.

You lost the argument at "civilian model assault weapon."

The anti-gun lobby would do much better if they knew anything about what they were talking about.  

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You lost the argument at "civilian model assault weapon."

The anti-gun lobby would do much better if they knew anything about what they were talking about.  

I based it off of the article written by the vet who said that it was, in terms of functionality, nearly identical to ease of use and effectiveness as what they use on the range. I figured they would know better than you or I.

I do appreciate the nice little side step about not addressing how access to weapons is somehow equivalent to a ballot.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I based it off of the article written by the vet who said that it was, in terms of functionality, nearly identical to ease of use and effectiveness as what they use on the range. I figured they would know better than you or I.

I do appreciate the nice little side step about not addressing how access to weapons is somehow equivalent to a ballot.

If someone is mature enough to be conscripted into the military, and to give input about how society should organize itself, then they are mature enough to handle firearms.  Stop infantilizing adults.

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/did_the_progressive_broward_county_solution_cost_17_student_lives.html

Read it again.

You COMPLETELY missed the point.

Because of more "lenient" policies put in place, most of the concerns about this killer were not acted on .

NO ONE is 'blaming other children' ..............try a little comprehension before you embarrass yourself again !

Edited by B-Man

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Read it again.

You COMPLETELY missed the point.

Because of more "lenient" policies put in place, most of the concerns about this killer were not acted on .

NO ONE is 'blaming other children' ..............try a little comprehension before you embarrass yourself again !

Oh irony. Perhaps my syntax could have better, but that clearly was your "the school admins are to blame for an angry 19 year old arming himself, and blowing them and innocents away"

Then there was your "it's not having fathers" argument.

In short, you are free wheeling toane everyone except the killer...and the people who passionately fight any change that would have prevented him

http://jishirofinney.com/index.php/2018/02/17/533/

A LETTER TO THE BOYS AND YOUNG MEN OF AMERICA: 

-J. Ishiro Finney, Feb 2018

A response to the mass shooting in Florida.

The bodies aren’t even cold yet and already you are being blamed.

Yes you.

All of you.

The boys and young men who will grow up to become one half of America’s future.
Once again, due to society’s failure to raise you, to teach you, to properly guide you on your path to manhood, your mere existence is being held responsible for seventeen more deaths—this time in Florida, and once again, at a school. The headlines of the last few days say it all:

“Guns don’t kill people; men and boys kill people, experts say”
  -USA TODAY

“Michael Ian Black reacts to Florida shooting: Boys are broken”
  -New York Daily News

“How Gun Violence And Toxic Masculinity Are Linked, In 8 Tweets”
  -The Huffington Post

“Toxic white masculinity: The killer that haunts American life”
  -Salon

“Toxic Masculinity Is Killing Us”
  -The Boston Globe

“Toxic Masculinity Is Killing Us”
  -Harpers Bazaar

“Don’t Blame Mental Illness for Mass Shootings; Blame Men”
  -Politico

shooting2.jpg?resize=575%2C208

In the handful of decades I’ve been alive, I’ve seen America shift from a culture of responsibility to one of blame. We don’t solve problems anymore. We cry, we pray for, we seek to find closure, and then finally, slaughter a sacrificial lamb for our sins. When I was young and Columbine happened, that lamb was Marilyn Manson and video games. Before that, it was D&D and Twisted Sister. These days, though, as body counts continue to rise and excuses continue to vanish, the lamb America has chosen to sacrifice is you. Rather than take responsibility for the seeds we’ve sown, the culture we built, and the disaster you’ve been left to inherit, we as a nation have chosen to lie to ourselves. To listen and believe those who claim that the answer is simple: “Boys are simply born bad.”

As an aging Gen Xer watching this tragedy unfold, I can’t help but look back at my youth and realize we were the dry run for this “crisis of masculinity” as the media likes to call it. In my time I’ve watched as fathers were pushed out of the home, separated from their children, and their role in society debased and devalued. Like you, I was taught male behavior was bad behavior. That I was broken and needed to be fixed. Drugs, therapy, mass socialization were required to save me from my most innate instincts—

—the need compete.

—the drive to create.

—the urge to protect.

—the desire for female affection.

Like you, I was told these instincts were not only wrong, but dangerous. That due to my Original Sin of being born a boy, I was destined to mature into a lustful monster and an oppressor of women. All this was burned into me before I even reached college, where campus policy actually assumed all men to be rapists waiting to happen.

More at the link:

11 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

“There is no solution” says the only country where this regularly happens.

At least try to stop it. Somehow. Idiots.

Actually, that's entirely untrue.

Per capita, which accounts for the US's size and population, we have fewer mass shooting fatalities than places like Norway and Switzerland.  http://archive.is/f4gbv

Screenshot - 6_18_2015 , 9_43_12 PM

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Per capita, which accounts for the US's size and population, we have fewer mass shooting fatalities than places like Norway and Switzerland.  http://archive.is/f4gbv

that's why i advised that person to read a little

that massacre night the talking heads were stating that rampages are worldwide, not just the US

38 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

...through 2013.

The website you got your data from also no longer exists.

It's easily for one to see why what you posted is not the most reliable source.

14 minutes ago, garybusey said:

...through 2013.

you made a rash stupid statement, now keep digging the hole deeper

best to say you were wrong, then THINK before you make dumb blanket statements, twink.

8 minutes ago, garybusey said:

...through 2013.

Are you saying OECD data isn't a reliable source?  That's what the chart is compiled from.

I think your problem here is that you're being forced to argue honestly, and it doesn't suit you.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

you made a rash stupid statement, now keep digging the hole deeper

Maybe I'll find the state down there you guys keep talking about.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Are you saying OECD data isn't a reliable source?  That's what the chart is compiled from.

I think your problem here is that you're being forced to argue honestly, and it doesn't suit you.

The data is through 2013.

The website it's from no longer exists.

Just now, garybusey said:

Maybe I'll find the state down there you guys keep talking about.

The data is through 2013.

The website it's from no longer exists.

Correct.  The data is through 2013.  That's how data works.  Were you hoping I would provide data from the future?  Or are you saying that data from 2013 is no longer relevant because humans and society are vastly different from how we were way back in 2013 in the Mesozoic Era?

And while that particular website no longer exists, the data it collated from the OECD, referenced in the chat, does.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Correct.  The data is through 2013.  That's how data works.  Were you hoping I would provide data from the future?  Or are you saying that data from 2013 is no longer relevant because humans and society are vastly different from how we were way back in 2013 in the Mesozoic Era?

And while that particular website no longer exists, the data it collated from the OECD, referenced in the chat, does.

Show me where the OECD defines "Rampage Shooting"

Thanks

On 2/19/2018 at 8:09 PM, B-Man said:

Within a week............................Liberalism is a disease.

Drew McCoy added,

Liberalism in a nutshell.

A 16-year-old is smart enough to vote, but they have to wait another five years before we trust them to buy liquor and wait an entire 10 years before we can expect them to be smart enough to buy own health insurance.

Is it any wonder Trump is president.

20 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Enlighten me

Your Lord and Savior King Obama sent down a mandate to us lowly folk that said that mass shootings required three or more deaths, as opposed to what the FBI had long gone by: four or more deaths.

Even Politifact, leftist mouthpiece that it is, couldn't ignore 44's blatant falsehood following the Charleston shooting. 

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

Your Lord and Savior King Obama sent down a mandate to us lowly folk that said that mass shootings required three or more deaths, as opposed to what the FBI had long gone by: four or more deaths.

Even Politifact, leftist mouthpiece that it is, couldn't ignore 44's blatant falsehood following the Charleston shooting. 

and because of this there's no data after 2013? I don't understand your argument. The archived version of the website that no longer exists even says, "For updated 2014 totals, go here"

1 minute ago, garybusey said:

and because of this there's no data after 2013? I don't understand your argument. The archived version of the website that no longer exists even says, "For updated 2014 totals, go here"

When definitions change from one year to another, it's harder to make handy charts like the ones above without a bunch of asterisks and footnotes.  Politifact has another chart that goes up to 2015, I think, but the researchers they got the data from standardized what they were looking for and have student interns and **** parse through crime stats by hand.

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

When definitions change from one year to another, it's harder to make handy charts like the ones above without a bunch of asterisks and footnotes.  Politifact has another chart that goes up to 2015, I think, but the researchers they got the data from standardized what they were looking for and have student interns and **** parse through crime stats by hand.

The chart above has asterisks and footnotes though.