Active shooter at Florida high school

47 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I've covered this already:  but even if we're using the FBI's definition of "mass shooting" which includes any incident in which 4 or more people are killed by firearms (which vacates the idea of a mass shooting as something like Las Vegas and Sandy Hook, and doesn't distinguish them from gang violence or domestic incidents), only roughly 400 people on the high end die of them every year.

That's roughly the same amount of people who die accidentally drowning in their bathtub annually.  You are statistically just as likely to be mauled to death by a dog as you are to die in a mass shooting.

As an aside, what does Donald Trump have to do with this?

I said remove the word school but didn’t say anything about adding mass. 

The Trump question had to do with You saying “liars should never be listened to.”  

3 minutes ago, thebug said:

I said remove the word school but didn’t say anything about adding mass. 

The Trump question had to do with You saying “liars should never be listened to.”  

Every president we've had in my lifetime has lied

Just now, thebug said:

Oh I’m sure, but this bigly? 

Far worse.  Trump doesn't lie.   A lie is a falsity - a statement that has a negative relation to empirical reality and truth.  Trump's nonsense has NO relation to empirical reality and truth.  Ergo, Trump doesn't lie.  

Not that he tells the truth, either.  He just...says ****.  That's too unconnected from reality to be lies.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's not.  However, when you say, "We will grow the economy from the heart outwards" you can see why some people might believe it.

Dumbass.  Everyone knows that Keynes showed you grow the the economy from the liver sideways.

Unless you've Paul Krugman.  Then the economy grows from the pancreas, because blah blah blah Republicans suck blah blah blah blah blah...

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, it was not the 8th school shooting since January 1.

That has already been completely debunked in this very thread: 

Now, ask yourself:  why would someone lie to you, and try to inflate these numbers? 

The media is just ridiculous!

This why you wait..............................

AP issues correction on story alleging Nikolas Cruz was member white nationalist group

Too good to check I guess,

How white nationalists fooled the media about Florida shooter: ABC, AP and others ran with false information on shooter’s ties to extremist groups.

They want it to be true so much that they don’t actually care if it’s true.

Edited by B-Man