Active shooter at Florida high school

On 2/15/2018 at 8:00 AM, Chef Jim said:

Yup home invasions never happen. Want to guess how many times someone was looking in my windows or trying break in while I was home?  And these are the only ones I caught on my security cam. I never wanted to be without my weapon nearby while I lived in Oakland 

Columbine set the stage for troubled kids to go out in a blaze of glory. Do we have a mental health issue here?  Sure. How do you fix it?  Do we have a lot of guns here?  Sure. How do you fix it?  Newsflash guys.  You can’t. 

I have had zero people look in my windows.  Well, at least when I was home.   That's... Almost 30 years living in da hood.

Get to know your neighbors, give them a copy of your keys.  Stick around for thirty years on a mortgage... Just like the old days.

Was up in Oak Brook yesterday... It's nice texting a neighbor and asking if they can take the UPS package off the steps and bring it in...

Yeah... We can fix this.  It's called getting to know one and another... Watching what goes on.  Anybody peers into anyone of our windows around here, and people will be on them like stink on schist.  I live in anything but a homogenous area... I grew up in a homogenous bubble... It was called S.Cheektowaga/WestSenca.  My father still lives in that house 60 years later. And you know what? The neighbors are still looking out for each other... Doing things, shoveling snow, getting maill, watching pets, leaving doors unlocked... Just like they do where I live now.

It's the people, the attitude that makes a neighborhood... And it starts with ONE person.  Maybe it's you?  I know my neighbors have weapons.  Same with my brother who lives with my father.  Would you be so sure I do or don't, you'll never know for sure.

Yeah... But cling to your weapon for protection. It takes other fundamental things first.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

What does this even mean?

so obviously going to happen that even the FBI is saying it’s terribly sorry after the fact, I can’t recall this ever happening before

Espcailly when it could be argued this wasn’t the direct mandate of the FBI in the first place

40 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Exiled, agreed but this is a most aberrant situation and not helpful possibly for the future 

I understand.  BIG sacrifices have to be made by the many in the here & now.  The future will be better.  I am sorry for the ones (current gun owners, their safety, etc...) making those sacrifices.

It's certainly NOT all about "me" anymore... No matter how much the Deplorables/Snowflakes (one in same) throw a 2nd right tantrum.

The 2nd will always be there.  No slippery slope.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

25 minutes ago, thebug said:

Those snowflake children should shut up and continue to take bullets to the head to keep the country safe! 

We know you're a childish vagina when you mention the children.

Your argument is pathetic.

Wanna try again?

2 minutes ago, thebug said:

Yeah cause who cares about the children, right douche bag? 

38 minutes ago, thebug said:

Those snowflake children should shut up and continue to take bullets to the head to keep the country safe! 

Never let a dead child go to waste, eh?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

I know.....

if someone can’t even bother to put a millionth of a fraction of their ass into their well paid job then people suffer

In Florida 39 deputy visits to your home is just pretend and it only counts at the 40h intrusion?

There were a LOT of people and organizations who !@#$ed up here, including the school system (which I haven't heard mentioned yet.)  Sometimes there are no indicators...this time, there were a hell of a lot, that everyone ignored.  

Sadly, this is a case where screaming about gun control is going to obscure the real failures that led to this.  

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Never let a dead child go to waste, eh?

Collateral damage apparently. Let's take a moment to honor the sacrifice of our brave school children, who laid down their lives, to protect our right to bear arms.

38 minutes ago, thebug said:

Their rally is one of the healthiest reactions I've ever seen.  They're refusing to be passively victimized as our entire country and culture tells them they should be, and instead actively taking responsibility for themselves and their environment.  It's a refreshing change from the typical American "heroic victim" stereotype.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Their rally is one of the healthiest reactions I've ever seen.  They're refusing to be passively victimized as our entire country and culture tells them they should be, and instead actively taking responsibility for themselves and their environment.  It's a refreshing change from the typical American "heroic victim" stereotype.

It’s actually very impressive. 

1 minute ago, thebug said:

Collateral damage apparently. Let's take a moment to honor the sacrifice of our brave school children, who laid down their lives, to protect our right to bear arms.

You're an idiot.  "Think of the children" is the laziest of arguments.  Even lazier than "You're an idiot."

27 minutes ago, thebug said:

Yeah cause who cares about the children, right douche bag? 

Chicago+2013-18.jpg

no problem, princess.

ya know whats funny, though.  separate topic but it's funny how someone like you would call me a douchebag here but never to my face.  i never understand why people do this?  i'm not some ultra tough guy badass but i would have no problem calling someone the sames names i say here to their face or back down from being the charming individual i strive to be; !@#$, i called my brother in laws sister in laws mother a "sky fairy retard who doesn't understand the modern advances of the social construct while continuing to further jeopardize the ability to have critical thought and intelligence promoted for our country."

but, seriously, why would you bother calling someone a douchebag when you never would in person?

12 minutes ago, thebug said:

Go clean your gun loser! 

again, you'd never call a man a loser to his face.  why are you doing it here?