Active shooter at Florida high school

3 hours ago, LA Grant said:

You have no argument. You are just pedantic for the sake of pedantry. You are a stupid person.

Attaboy. Father-less households are the most critical issues of our time. Really great point here. No, I'm serious. You're totally right. That's exactly what killed all of these people. They didn't have fathers! Are you an author outside of here? You ought to be! You're SMART.

Yes, we should blame anything but guns. ANYTHING! It quite literally doesn't need to make any sense, be connected to reality, or even this specific example. Everything is okay as long as guns are not receiving any blame (apologies to guns for even putting them near the word 'blame'). Did Fabio admire your guns? 

Actually, and bizarrely ironically, this attempt at ironic sarcasm actually hits the nail squarely on the head instead.

Fatherlessness is one of the most, if not the most, critical issues of our time.  Fathlessness is linked as a direct cause of intergenerational poverty; poverty being a leading indicator of just about every negative/criminal human behavior; actively works to create marginalized communities; and is on the rise.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Actually, and bizarrely ironically, this attempt at ironic sarcasm actually hits the nail squarely on the head instead.

Fatherlessness is one of the most, if not the most, critical issues of our time.  Fathlessness is linked as a direct cause of intergenerational poverty; poverty being a leading indicator of just about every negative/criminal human behavior; actively works to create marginalized communities; and is on the rise.

After this response, it's only fair that we ask LA Grant "who's your daddy?"

Because I think he's needs to start calling you Papa

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Well I am glad you feel that way, and I hope you are doing your part as a father or someone who knows fathers. No argument that its not an issue.

The point is that it is completely IRRELEVANT. There are no shortage of societal problems you could spin out as explanation, all of them to some merit. He didnt shoot people with a Fatherlessness rifle. Every time. It's always these distractions/excuses, a new one each time. But never guns. It's amazing.

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

After this response, it's only fair that we ask LA Grant "who's your daddy?"

Because I think he's needs to start calling you Papa

You live in a fantasy world, which also apparently includes fantasy man-on-man dom/sub relationships with people you talk to online. Attaboyst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LA Grant said:

Well I am glad you feel that way, and I hope you are doing your part as a father or someone who knows fathers. No argument that its not an issue.

The point is that it is completely IRRELEVANT. There are no shortage of societal problems you could spin out as explanation, all of them to some merit. He didnt shoot people with a Fatherlessness rifle. Every time. It's always these distractions/excuses, a new one each time. But never guns. It's amazing.

Have these problems in society been around forever? Have they been around longer and more frequently than guns?

43 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

So we can drop the whole “ no one likes you” junior high routine ? 

tenor.gif?itemid=7919962

No one cares! 

13 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

You live in a fantasy world, which also apparently includes fantasy man-on-man dom/sub relationships with people you talk to online. Attaboyst.

Now I could see "Attaboyst" sticking around here. I can be used like "stojan." Nice work! 

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Well, Grant, that's because guns are not the causal issue.  Mass shootings are a symptom.  They are not a gun problem, they are a mental health problem.

Nor are they a uniquely American problem, nor are they more frequent in America than European nations with more restrictive gun laws, nor are they an epidemic.

They are a sad, and tragic occurrence; and we should work towards identifying troubled and isolated kids exhibiting the pathology of a "shooter" and help them.  That's how you solve the problem, if you're actually interested in solving the problem.

My suspicion is, however, that you don't actually have any desire to solve the problem, that you don't care a drop for any of the families impacted by this tragedy, and instead are simply stacking up the still warm corpses of dead children to build a pulpit from which you can demagogue about your pet political issue.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

So we’re just gonna pretend there ain’t no evil people in this world, huh? When there’s a terrorist attack you’ll always hear me call them evil, because that’s what they are. There are tons of mentally unstable ppl in this world that don’t go out and kill people. The difference? Evil. Cruz wasn’t insane. He knew what he was doing. Did anyone properly evaluate this kid to see if he is indeed mentally unstable? I doubt it. Ppl were calling him mentally unstable day one. I guess that’s just how it goes. White shooter=crazy. Dark skinned shooter=evil. Got it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LA Grant said:

One would think that the problem of "Fatherless Rifles" could easily be solved by an enthusiastic "Adopt a Rifle" program. I'm no Father Baker but I have taken in a few orphans and would consider more if others will do the same. So, kudos to you for hitting the bullseye on this subject and may we quickly solve this problem by adopting every "Fatherless Rifle" out there. Forward!

1 hour ago, Justice said:

So we’re just gonna pretend there ain’t no evil people in this world, huh? When there’s a terrorist attack you’ll always hear me call them evil, because that’s what they are. There are tons of mentally unstable ppl in this world that don’t go out and kill people. The difference? Evil. Cruz wasn’t insane. He knew what he was doing. Did anyone properly evaluate this kid to see if he is indeed mentally unstable? I doubt it. Ppl were calling him mentally unstable day one. I guess that’s just how it goes. White shooter=crazy. Dark skinned shooter=evil. Got it. 

Who hasn't called Cruz evil? Some people were calling him unstable prior to day one. This is not a race thing. Don't make it one.

Edited by 3rdnlng

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

One would think that the problem of "Fatherless Rifles" could easily be solved by an enthusiastic "Adopt a Rifle" program. I'm no Father Baker but I have taken in a few orphans and would consider more if others will do the same. So, kudos to you for hitting the bullseye on this subject and may we quickly solve this problem by adopting every "Fatherless Rifle" out there. Forward!

Who hasn't called Cruz evil? Some people were calling him unstable prior to day one. This is not race thing. Don't make it one.

All I keep hearing is he’s mentally ill. Which is always the case when it’s a white shooter. Check the facts. 

1 minute ago, Justice said:

Are you denying it?

Am I denying what you hear?

You shared a personal anecdote that always seems to happen for you in these situations.

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe hang out and listen to smarter people and you won't have dumb anecdotes to share and you won't be tempted to jump to broad scale racist conclusions based on those dumb anecdotes?

4 hours ago, LA Grant said:

You have no argument. You are just pedantic for the sake of pedantry. You are a stupid person.

Attaboy. Father-less households are the most critical issues of our time. Really great point here. No, I'm serious. You're totally right. That's exactly what killed all of these people. They didn't have fathers! Are you an author outside of here? You ought to be! You're SMART.

Yes, we should blame anything but guns. ANYTHING! It quite literally doesn't need to make any sense, be connected to reality, or even this specific example. Everything is okay as long as guns are not receiving any blame (apologies to guns for even putting them near the word 'blame'). Did Fabio admire your guns? 

Nowhere did I say we should blame anything but the guns. Nowhere. Not here. Not anywhere. Not ever.

gatorman: When it comes to reading comprehension, no one sucks more than me.

LA Grant: Hold my beer.

4 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Am I denying what you hear?

You shared a personal anecdote that always seems to happen for you in these situations.

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe hang out and listen to smarter people and you won't have dumb anecdotes to share and you won't be tempted to jump to broad scale racist conclusions based on those dumb anecdotes?

Wow. Just wow. Play dumb. Go right ahead. That’s cool. Yeah. You’re right. This is all in my head. They never call them mentally ill. I wonder why Trump is putting mental health at the forefront of his plan to prevent future shootings. I must be imagining that too. 

23 minutes ago, Justice said:

All I keep hearing is he’s mentally ill. Which is always the case when it’s a white shooter. Check the facts. 

That's funny. Every time the shooter has a name like Omar Mateen, we're told he's a troubled gay man.

You know who rarely does this? Women. Of any color. Perhaps making people stop being identified by gender will solve the problem.

5 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Nowhere did I say we should blame anything but the guns. Nowhere. Not here. Not anywhere. Not ever.

18 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Guns don't hurt others.

People hurt others. You can pass a federal law stating that all Americans can only have one gun and one bullet each for their entire life, and wake up tomorrow to find out people are still hurting people with guns, and you probably won't even see a drop in what you see today because the one undeniable fact...which Chicago illustrates...is that when people want to kill people, they find a way regardless of your opinion or law.

And there will be no solution, now or ever, because the biggest megaphones belong to the batschitcraziest people, and neither are interested in what the other has to say because they care more about making a point than finding a solution. 

Edited by garybusey

3 minutes ago, Justice said:

Wow. Just wow. Play dumb. Go right ahead. That’s cool. Yeah. You’re right. This is all in my head. They never call them mentally ill. I wonder why Trump is putting mental health at the forefront of his plan to prevent future shootings. I must be imagining that too. 

So are you saying mental health isn't an issue in some of these mass shootings?

If you'd like to discuss a specific issue where you believe racism played a role, please start a thread to specifically address it.  If you want to angrily rant about perceived injustices in the world, maybe a therapist would be better?

2 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

So are you saying mental health isn't an issue in some of these mass shootings?

If you'd like to discuss a specific issue where you believe racism played a role, please start a thread to specifically address it.  If you want to angrily rant about perceived injustices in the world, maybe a therapist would be better?

Hypocrisy at its finest. So now you’re saying mental health is the issue. Wow. I’m saying which one of these kids were properly diagnosed as mentally ill? 

How dumb are you? I didn’t say the shooters were racist. And I’m far from crazy, brother. I don’t need no therapist. 

16 minutes ago, Justice said:

Their certainly are mental issues associated with the violence seen coming from Muslim communities.  The problems, however are wide spread

Massive percentages of the Muslim global population take no issue with the "policy preferences" advanced by groups like ISIS.  This in combination with a major self-destructive cultural/biological problem (roughly half the world's Muslim population show serious genetic markers of inbreeding) make for trouble.

10 minutes ago, Justice said:

So I’m crazy, a racist and angry? I’m neither of those things and yet that’s what I’m accused of here. You guys are something else. 

you are good, almost all the time...

8 minutes ago, thebug said:

Mass shootings in 1982 8 deaths 3 wounded

Mass shootings in 2017  112 deaths  531 wounded. 

2018 not off to a good start. 

I am not saying I know why, I'm just saying. 

it's between them all...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Their certainly are mental issues associated with the violence seen coming from Muslim communities.  The problems, however are wide spread

Massive percentages of the Muslim global population take no issue with the "policy preferences" advanced by groups like ISIS.  This in combination with a major self-destructive cultural/biological problem (roughly half the world's Muslim population show serious genetic markers of inbreeding) make for trouble.

They’re evil. Plain and simple. And now these evil people have ways to join with other evil people thanks to the internet. 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

you are good, almost all the time...

it's between them all...

Man I’m good all of the time. Great father and husband. Raised three beautiful and intelligent children with morals and ethics. 

9 minutes ago, Justice said:

They’re evil. Plain and simple. And now these evil people have ways to join with other evil people thanks to the internet. 

Man I’m good all of the time. Great father and husband. Raised three beautiful and intelligent children with morals and ethics. 

you have some interesting views on here once in awhile, we all do...

my only living heroes are those who keep a decent marriage and raise a decent family.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you have some interesting views on here once in awhile, we all do...

my only living heroes are those who keep a decent marriage and raise a decent family.

Well apparently I’m insane. I never hear the words mentally ill, mentally unstable, sicko, crazy or any of those things here on this forum. It’s all in my head. 

Its a wonder I never hurt nobody or been arrested. 

Edited by Justice

13 minutes ago, Justice said:

Hypocrisy at its finest. So now you’re saying mental health is the issue. Wow. I’m saying which one of these kids were properly diagnosed as mentally ill? 

How dumb are you? I didn’t say the shooters were racist. And I’m far from crazy, brother. I don’t need no therapist. 

Debate specifics, not generalities and feelings based on things you hear about all other incidents.

Oh, and learn to read.

55 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Well, Grant, that's because guns are not the causal issue.  Mass shootings are a symptom.  They are not a gun problem, they are a mental health problem.

Nor are they a uniquely American problem, nor are they more frequent in America than European nations with more restrictive gun laws, nor are they an epidemic.

They are a sad, and tragic occurrence; and we should work towards identifying troubled and isolated kids exhibiting the pathology of a "shooter" and help them.  That's how you solve the problem, if you're actually interested in solving the problem.

My suspicion is, however, that you don't actually have any desire to solve the problem, that you don't care a drop for any of the families impacted by this tragedy, and instead are simply stacking up the still warm corpses of dead children to build a pulpit from which you can demagogue about your pet political issue.

Take away the gun and you're left with a kid who still wants to kill a lot of people.  The problem isn't solved, it's only shifted.  There's probably only one good thing that comes out of this kid surviving his attack, that they can hopefully expand on on the knowledge of that pathology of a shooter that you mentioned.  Then again, I'd imagine that it's completely different than the guy who attacks with no intention of surviving.  We never get to study those ones like we can here.

It's crazy to see how many times some of the warning signs are ignored or not followed up on closely.  My wife's a teacher and she's got a kid this year with a ton of issues way beyond anything she has dealt with in her 12 or so years in the field.  The parents flat out refuse to do anything about it due to money issues.  You can see the writing on the wall with this kid, going to be major trouble down the road (kid is early elementary school years right now).  I'm not saying we have a future shooter on our hands, but it's looking to be another case where help is an option, but it's being ignored.  "Not my little angel..."

13 minutes ago, Justice said:

Well apparently I’m insane. I never hear the words mentally ill, mentally unstable, sicko, crazy or any of those things here on this forum. It’s all in my head. 

used to work with a few millionaires who would greet me daily with "have you been told today?"

I's a Canadian so the gun thing is right outside my realm of sanity, it's between Americans only...

1 hour ago, Justice said:

Well, if we pray all the evil will go away.  Dumbass. 

19 minutes ago, thebug said:

Mass shootings in 1982 8 deaths 3 wounded

Mass shootings in 2017  112 deaths  531 wounded. 

2018 not off to a good start. 

I am not saying I know why, I'm just saying. 

Did you know they changed the definitions of mass shootings between that time.

Also, source?  You're a retard.  Provide tour scource. 

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Well, if we pray all the evil will go away.  Dumbass. 

Did you know they changed the definitions of mass shootings between that time.

Also, source?  You're a retard.  Provide tour scource. 

"thebug 2018" there you go retard!

15 minutes ago, Justice said:

When the phrase Allahu Akbar is used at a killing we tend to call the perpetrator evil because it appears he is doing the killing for religious reasons. That doesn't mean he is not crazy though.