Active shooter at Florida high school

47 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I've covered this already:  but even if we're using the FBI's definition of "mass shooting" which includes any incident in which 4 or more people are killed by firearms (which vacates the idea of a mass shooting as something like Las Vegas and Sandy Hook, and doesn't distinguish them from gang violence or domestic incidents), only roughly 400 people on the high end die of them every year.

That's roughly the same amount of people who die accidentally drowning in their bathtub annually.  You are statistically just as likely to be mauled to death by a dog as you are to die in a mass shooting.

As an aside, what does Donald Trump have to do with this?

I said remove the word school but didn’t say anything about adding mass. 

The Trump question had to do with You saying “liars should never be listened to.”  

3 minutes ago, thebug said:

I said remove the word school but didn’t say anything about adding mass. 

The Trump question had to do with You saying “liars should never be listened to.”  

Every president we've had in my lifetime has lied

Just now, thebug said:

Oh I’m sure, but this bigly? 

Far worse.  Trump doesn't lie.   A lie is a falsity - a statement that has a negative relation to empirical reality and truth.  Trump's nonsense has NO relation to empirical reality and truth.  Ergo, Trump doesn't lie.  

Not that he tells the truth, either.  He just...says ****.  That's too unconnected from reality to be lies.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's not.  However, when you say, "We will grow the economy from the heart outwards" you can see why some people might believe it.

Dumbass.  Everyone knows that Keynes showed you grow the the economy from the liver sideways.

Unless you've Paul Krugman.  Then the economy grows from the pancreas, because blah blah blah Republicans suck blah blah blah blah blah...

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, it was not the 8th school shooting since January 1.

That has already been completely debunked in this very thread: 

Now, ask yourself:  why would someone lie to you, and try to inflate these numbers? 

The media is just ridiculous!

This why you wait..............................

AP issues correction on story alleging Nikolas Cruz was member white nationalist group

Too good to check I guess,

How white nationalists fooled the media about Florida shooter: ABC, AP and others ran with false information on shooter’s ties to extremist groups.

They want it to be true so much that they don’t actually care if it’s true.

Edited by B-Man

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, I'm not.  The FBI are not teen mental health counselors.  The FBI should have forwarded the tip to local police, that's where they dropped the ball.

So they didn’t do what they were supposed to do? Isn’t that what he said? 

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This why you wait..............................

AP issues correction on story alleging Nikolas Cruz was member white nationalist group

Too good to check I guess,

How white nationalists fooled the media about Florida shooter: ABC, AP and others ran with false information on shooter’s ties to extremist groups.

They want it to be true so much that they don’t actually care if it’s true.

I knew he wasn’t as soon as Trump condemned his actions. 

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, I'm not.  The FBI are not teen mental health counselors.  The FBI should have forwarded the tip to local police, that's where they dropped the ball.

Exactly right.  And they should have been forceful about it.

For a few of my files in the US South the FBI was directly involved in investigating minor-league financial matters.

the FBI would for certain be called on for a potential mass murder or act of terrorism from someone that obviously proven likely to go on a rampage 

Edited by row_33

10 hours ago, DC Tom said:

The poor parents and relatives are going to be crushed knowing this might have been prevented. Someone should be fired for sure .

1 hour ago, ALF said:

The poor parents and relatives are going to be crushed knowing this might have been prevented. Someone should be fired for sure .

Prevented? Possibly. However, the fact that the local law enforcement agencies had some 20 other calls related to this guy and did nothing does not bode well for the prevention/fire-everyone-at-the-FBI theory.

Edit: Which reminds me, who the !@#$ calls the FBI in Washington to report something like this? You'd think calling the local cops, or even the local FBI office would be a tad more intelligent.

Edited by Koko78

The problem was a YouTube clip, not sure someone with a name ending in Cruz was that easy to pinpoint

the amazing people with psychic  skills on this board should be hired and paid millions for their perfect hindsight work on display

Edited by row_33

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The problem was a YouTube clip, not sure someone with a name ending in Cruz was that easy to pinpoint

the amazing people with psychic  skills on this board should be hired and paid millions for their perfect hindsight work on display

There were 13 people in the U.S. with the name of Nikolas Cruz. If I can be hunted down and get 50 calls a day trying to sell me an extended warranty then I think the FBI can find a guy.

I know.....

if someone can’t even bother to put a millionth of a fraction of their ass into their well paid job then people suffer

In Florida 39 deputy visits to your home is just pretend and it only counts at the 40h intrusion?

Edited by row_33

On 2/16/2018 at 9:59 AM, elroy16 said:

Where was the morality when the White House tried to cover up a wife beater, attempted to promote him, and then defended him when he quit.

Trump is a self admitted sex offender and the right calls him a blessing from God. 

Define sex offender for me, please.  The reason I ask is it appears that the words sex offender are given definition by the accuser who flings that label at the accused.  Today's pat on the back may quickly morph into tomorrow's unwanted touch of private parts in public if there appears to be a fifteen minutes of fame, or cash opportunity, on the near horizon.

Now before you get your panties in a wad, know that I firmly believe that many if not most accusations are truly based on unwanted and egregious acts.  The late inning appearances of the, "Oh yeah, he did it to me too" crowd often give me pause for thought.  Why have no men come forward as victims of sexual abuse, I wonder.

P.S. I'm thinkin' God played no part in the appearance of either POTUS or Shrillary  on the national stage.

15 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

Define sex offender for me, please.  The reason I ask is it appears that the words sex offender are given definition by the accuser who flings that label at the accused.  Today's pat on the back may quickly morph into tomorrow's unwanted touch of private parts in public if there appears to be a fifteen minutes of fame, or cash opportunity, on the near horizon.

Now before you get your panties in a wad, know that I firmly believe that many if not most accusations are truly based on unwanted and egregious acts.  The late inning appearances of the, "Oh yeah, he did it to me too" crowd often give me pause for thought.  Why have no men come forward as victims of sexual abuse, I wonder.

P.S. I'm thinkin' God played no part in the appearance of either POTUS or Shrillary  on the national stage.

You’re kidding, right? Lmao. That’ll be the day. We’re not designed that way. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Is there a IP address if you post online to trace  ? 

I’m not surprised. Seems like hardly anyone does their jobs these days. Ever try dialing a 1-800 number? Any 1-800 number? You get passed along like a baton and then in the end someone will tell you they’ll make a note of it. Come to find out when you call back later there was no note written at all. I can’t help but envision these guys picking their nose or scratching their balls instead. These agents in this case might have ran out for some beers while they were “looking” for Cruz. It’s a shame. We tell these kids to say something when they see something and nothing gets done. 

Its quite a streak the FBI is on. Just about every shooter in a mass shooting has spoken to the Feds or they knew about them. 

Edited by Justice