Active shooter at Florida high school

David Hogg has had a less than stellar day. From releasing his five-point platform to stop gun violence to trying and failing to reassure people he’s not trying to take their guns, things have not gone very well for the young gun-grabber.

David royally stepped in it when he unveiled his 5-point plan to solve gun violence:

oPG640VU_normal.jpg
Comment why you do or don’t support our 5 point platform below I want to try responding to as many people as I can.

1. CDC funding for research into gun violance
2. Universal Background checks
3. Digitization of ATF records
4. High-Capacity magazine ban
5. Assault weapons ban

It takes a crapload of self-delusion to think that a platform based on ignorance can solve a problem like gun violence. But self-delusion is Hogg’s M.O.
Case in point:

No my father owns guns to protect my family. For the billionth time we are not trying to take people’s guns.

Did you read your own list Davey ?

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

oPG640VU_normal.jpg
Comment why you do or don’t support our 5 point platform below I want to try responding to as many people as I can.

1. CDC funding for research into gun violance
2. Universal Background checks
3. Digitization of ATF records
4. High-Capacity magazine ban
5. Assault weapons ban

I can't figure out why he wasn't accepted into college...

I guess the NRA got to the reporters at the Sun-Sentinel.............amirite ?

Schools' culture of tolerance lets students like Nikolas Cruz slide

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-discipline-20180510-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Broward Schools have grown so tolerant of misbehavior that students like Nikolas Cruz are able to slide by for years without strict punishment for conduct that could be criminal.

The culture of leniency allows children to engage in an endless loop of violations and second chances, creating a system where kids who commit the same offense for the 10th time may be treated like it’s the first, according to records and interviews with people familiar with the process.

The South Florida Sun Sentinel obtained Cruz’s discipline records, reviewed discipline policies and found:

-- Students can be considered first-time offenders even if they commit the same offenses year after year.

-- The district’s claim of reforming bad behavior is exaggerated.

-- Lenient discipline has an added PR benefit for the district: lower suspensions, expulsions and arrests along with rising graduation rates.

Just an absolute brilliant move on that town hall CNN. and a big thank you to Everytown Tapper for hosting CNN's 2 minutes of hate

Edited by B-Man

THE SOLUTION TO SCHOOL SHOOTINGS

Yesterday, Matthew Milby, a former student at Dixon High School in Illinois, entered the school and fired several shots near the gymnasium where students had assembled for graduation rehearsal. He was then confronted by Mark Dallas, who has been with the Dixon Police Department for more than a decade and has spent the past few years as school resource officer. (Dixon, by the way, is the boyhood home of Ronald Reagan).

Milby ran away, leaving the school. Dallas chased him. When Milby shot at Dallas, he returned the fire, striking the former student who was then taken into custody.

A few more cases like the one in Dixon should largely end the tragic fad of shooting up schools. The losers who do the shooting want to go succeed and, in some cases, to go out in a blaze of “glory.” They don’t want to chalk up yet another inglorious loss. Thus, if they don’t think they’ll produce carnage, they are unlikely to undertake the mission.

Not all of these losers will be deterred by the likelihood of failure. Those who aren’t will likely be gunned down very early on, assuming schools have people like Dallas on hand. However, at least two armed staff members who possess demonstrated competence with fire arms are probably necessary to ensure the proper balance of power. One officer, even a Mark Dixon, can’t always be expected to prevail.

This is the solution to the school shooting epidemic. Gun control isn’t. We don’t rely on gun control to protect banks, armored cars, and airports. We rely on security measures specific to each of these targets, and these security measures include fire arms.

Now that schools have become a target of shooters, the same approach should be used. Thankfully, it was yesterday in Dixon, to excellent effect.

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So some yahoo opened fire at a Trump golf club this morning...

Expect to see liberal support for the 2nd Amendment and the NRA to be up today.

And now an active shooter in a Texas high school. 

It's almost as if there's major news coming that someone is trying to distract from... nah, that can't be it.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No service at the time of the shooting (reasons for dropout in signal unknown, not normal per students on the ground)... explosives (allegedly) found on and off campus. 

How long until we learn the FBI/LEOs knew/interviewed the shooter before the event? 

https://www.bitchute.com/video/k42r4sP690HL/

This video was banned from Youtube.

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No service at the time of the shooting (reasons for dropout in signal unknown, not normal per students on the ground)... explosives (allegedly) found on and off campus. 

How long until we learn the FBI/LEOs knew/interviewed the shooter before the event? 

Guess we better tighten up regulations on explosives.

Wore a vest with a german iron cross, communist pin and rising sun pin. Was also known to the classmates as a creepy loner who was picked on a lot. Oh, and he was being monitored. 

Nice. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Shooter used father's shotgun apparently.  You can't blame gun control laws on that.

You think that will stop people who want to take away your rights to own a gun?

Just now, njbuff said:

You think that will stop people who want to take away your rights to own a gun?

My guess is the argument from the left will be thank god he didn't have an AR-15.  Still a lot to find out about this as another person's in custody and pressure cooker bomb found at the scene.

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Wore a vest with a german iron cross, communist pin and rising sun pin. Was also known to the classmates as a creepy loner who was picked on a lot. Oh, and he was being monitored. 

Nice. 

Looks like just another case of the AUTHORITIES failing, not gun laws.

But you know these people will continue their stupid gun rhetoric and hold more Town Hall's bashing Dana Loesch and the NRA.

46 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Looks like just another case of the AUTHORITIES failing, not gun laws.

But you know these people will continue their stupid gun rhetoric and hold more Town Hall's bashing Dana Loesch and the NRA.

Nailed it, man. Why on Earth are people ignoring obvious warning signs? The kid wore a trench coach every single day, never showered, and had a custom made Born to Kill shirt. No response from counselors, police, teachers, anyone. They're just discovering now that he had a diary that laid out his whole plan. This was a suicide attempt, and he was taking everyone else down with him. 

Reminds me of the nut that shot up Sandy Hook, who had more red flags than communist China around him. 

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Nice. 

If anyone ever sees my library, I'm !@#$ed.  Half my books have Nazi iconography on them.

33 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If anyone ever sees my library, I'm !@#$ed.  Half my books have Nazi iconography on them.

Well what with that and your confession re not getting laid puts you firmly in the government's crosshairs which means, don't worry about it.

34 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

One post expressing sympathy for the dead children.

Nine posts griping how the dead child victims are going to cause you to be victimized. 

My heart goes out to you guys. Please cheer up. I'll be praying for you.

MAGA.

https://twitter.com/nbcbayarea/status/997525614763618304

yes, we need prayers!  we need to pray to jesus!  jesus and prayers will get it done.

giphy.gif

pray so hard.

jesus christ, you dumbass.  you come here to chastise us and post that.  that's just pathetic.

and your takeaway that we are not griping about dead babies...!@#$, think of the children!  i really shouldn't do that.  i don't know if anyone should... but, what good will that do?  this is the same bull **** over and over again.  we will have a week or two of outrage generated by calculated groups organized and in place long before this in a planned event coordinated to victimize those that became victims today.  i just cannot wait to see that faggot david hogg again.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

yes, we need prayers!  we need to pray to jesus!  jesus and prayers will get it done.

giphy.gif

pray so hard.

jesus christ, you dumbass.  you come here to chastise us and post that.  that's just pathetic.

and your takeaway that we are not griping about dead babies...!@#$, think of the children!  i really shouldn't do that.  i don't know if anyone should... but, what good will that do?  this is the same bull **** over and over again.  we will have a week or two of outrage generated by calculated groups organized and in place long before this in a planned event coordinated to victimize those that became victims today.  i just cannot wait to see that faggot david hogg again.

Damn. You're right dude. Reason wins again. The thing is, I disagree with you, but your points are just so god damn well made that it makes me rethink the way i view the world. 

I don't know why we, the faggot brigade, even keep attempting to get your guns.

In case you were wondering: we are out to get you. I'm coming to get your guns. I'm going to put them up my !@#$ in my 3rd gender bathroom.

You're right though. Who cares about the kids. I'm more worried about you. Are you going to be OK? I hope CNN doesn't upset you too much tonight.

Remember man. You're the victim. 

XOXO.

santa-fe-high-school15-ap-ml-180518_hpEm

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billschinatown said:

Damn. You're right dude. Reason wins again. The thing is, I disagree with you, but your points are just so god damn well made that it makes me rethink the way i view the world. 

I don't know why we, the faggot brigade, even keep attempting to get your guns.

In case you were wondering: we are out to get you. I'm coming to get your guns. I'm going to put them up my !@#$ in my 3rd gender bathroom.

You're right though. Who cares about the kids. I'm more worried about you. Are you going to be OK? I hope CNN doesn't upset you too much tonight.

Remember man. You're the victim. 

XOXO.

santa-fe-high-school15-ap-ml-180518_hpEm

i don't own any guns.  god, i'm glad i don't, it'd be a long weekend for you with all that action

and i don't have cable and i just got rid of my tv...

and no, i'm not the victim.  i am God.  i am the omnipotent.