Active shooter at Florida high school

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Okay, stipulated...but still not an advocating an abridgement of free speech.  

We let you post here, for example, even though we think you're a piece of ****.  

You can snipe from the balcony all you want Tom, yet you (and whoever else constitutes your "We") don't let me do or not do anything. 

Edited by garybusey

1 minute ago, garybusey said:

You can snipe from the balcony all you want Tom, yet you (and whoever else constitutes your "We") don't let me do or not do anything, Tom. 

Do you think it's ok to quote someone here and then completely change their words to make it appear as if that other person had written them?

53 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I didn't say you were a piece of ****, I said David Hogg is a piece of ****.  I don't know what your stance on natural rights is, and I don't know if you presume yourself special enough that you'd advocate directly violating the rights of millions of people, and billions more not even born yet, as Hogg is.

My rights are not David Hogg's to surrender.

"My rights" ...what a gas...spare us the histrionics, the wailing, the humanity!

Your "rights" were much different before Heller...pretty sure the creator wasn't thinking an AR 15 was a natural right....

Try being a "citizen"

3 minutes ago, baskin said:

"My rights" ...what a gas...spare us the histrionics, the wailing, the humanity!

Your "rights" were much different before Heller...pretty sure the creator wasn't thinking an AR 15 was a natural right....

Try being a "citizen"

Is this really adding anything to the conversation?

God. !@#$ off

8 minutes ago, baskin said:

Try being a "citizen"

My rights have always been the same.  They don't come from you, and they don't come from America.  And they are mine, not yours or anyone else's.

The fact that you seem to think you have a say in what my rights (within the context of natural rights) are only serves to reinforce the necessity of the Second Amendment, and lionizes the NRA in it's advocacy efforts. 

Also, you've confused "citizen" with "subject".

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For the record and clarity - I have no problem with them, or anyone, exercising their right to protest and free speech. 

It just doesn't mean I don't get to voice my on concerns about their agenda, regardless of their age or circumstance. 

Pretty sure thats Tasker too. 

No calling out you or Tasker.  It's just that there was a bit of a climate in here a while back when some had concerns about the AGENDA of some hate groups, being accused of wanting to deny free speech.

Edited by Cugalabanza
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Is this really adding anything to the conversation?

God. !@#$ off

Not adding to the comfortable conversation between you regulars?....Tough when people hit you up with another perspective and view huh?

I know why you guys hang out here - out in the real world you would just look like the idiots you are....in here when someone contradicts you guys....out come the names, the memes, the anger....all in your controlled envrironment

I am just here for the comedy....it never lets me down....

Edited by baskin
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

No calling out you or Tasker.  It's just that there was a bit of a climate in here a while back when some had concerns about the AGENDA of some hate groups, being accused of wanting to deny free speech.

David Hogg's right to free speech is no more or less important than the that of neo-nazis.

Again, this is because of the fundamental nature of rights.  The assertion that the government gets to decide that some speech is too ugly or controversial to allow is to acquiesce to the idea that individuals have no rights at all, but instead live under the thumb of a benevolent dictatorship which has the just authority to grant special privileges to favored groups.

The underlying moral philosophy which defines natural rights as intrinsic and inalienable is far more important than individual outcomes, like repugnant !@#$s like Richard Spencer saying hateful things.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

David Hogg's right to free speech is no more or less important than the that of neo-nazis.

Again, this is because of the fundamental nature of rights.  The assertion that the government gets to decide that some speech is too ugly or controversial to allow is to acquiesce to the idea that individuals have no rights at all, but instead live under the thumb of a benevolent dictatorship which has the just authority grants special privileges to favored groups.

The underlying moral philosophy which defines natural rights as intrinsic and inalienable is far more important than individual outcomes, like repugnant !@#$s like Richard Spencer saying hateful things.

I'm not disputing any of this.

9 minutes ago, baskin said:

Not adding to the comfortable conversation between you regulars?....Tough when people hit you up with another perspective and view huh?

I know why you guys hang out here - out in the real world you would just look like the idiots you are....in here when someone contradicts you guys....out come the names, the memes, the anger....all in your controlled envrironment

I am just here for the comedy....it never lets me down....

You are not that funny.

56 minutes ago, B-Man said:

There it is.................the paper of record.

Repeal the Second Amendment
New York Times, by John Paul Stevens

Original Article

AND.............as needs to be repeated on every page:

A reminder from the Washington Post: School shootings becoming LESS common... 

And school shooting account for only about 1.2% of all shooting deaths. 

This is like the terrorism issue so much. The chances of being killed by terrorism are pretty small but we got terror alerts, homeland insecurity and Muslim hatred out of that. Time to run on this issue for all its worth 

7 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

I'm not disputing any of this.

I would. Neo-Nazis want to turn our society into a living hell for many people. That is very different 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

And school shooting account for only about 1.2% of all shooting deaths. 

This is like the terrorism issue so much. The chances of being killed by terrorism are pretty small but we got terror alerts, homeland insecurity and Muslim hatred out of that.

You know, you say stuff like this and it makes me happy.  Roll back the bloated, overwrought programs that have been overblown and largely ineffective while !@#$ing over the American people.  !@#$ yeah!

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Time to run on this issue for all its worth 

Then you say **** like this without a whit of irony and it makes me sad.  Let's create more bloated, overwrought programs that will be overblown and largely ineffective while !@#$ing over the American people.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I would. Neo-Nazis want to turn our society into a living hell for many people. That is very different 

Obviously, not all speech is protected.  Threats, slander, incitement to violence,...

But just being a dick and having terrible ideas, people are free to do that.  Ideally, we should be grateful to them for so clearly showing us who they truly are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Obviously, not all speech is protected.  Threats, slander, incitement to violence,...

But just being a dick and having terrible ideas, people are free to do that.  Ideally, we should be grateful to them for so clearly showing us who they truly are.

Who's to say what's terrible and what's not?  Who's to say your viewpoint is more than mine?  Who says your right to freedom is larger than mine?

The answer is easy.  The Constitution. It spells it out. So until it's changed nothing can be done.  Or should be done. 

8 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Important to note that restrictions on the right to speech exist within the framework of the liberty philosophies from which the derived.  You cannot be said to have the right to something which violates the rights of someone else.

59 minutes ago, baskin said:

in here when someone contradicts you guys....out come the names, the memes, the anger....all in your controlled envrironment

Right on cue...

50 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You are not that funny.

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Parkland student: The attacks on Marco Rubio aren’t provocative enough

Heart-Felt-Words-NRD-600a.jpg

AND.............as needs to be repeated on every page:

A reminder from the Washington Post: School shootings becoming LESS common... 

DAVID UNSWORTH: Data on mass shootings at school don’t live up to the hysteria.

Since you're the apparent resident spammer on PPP, has it ever occurred to you that almost all of the comics/articles you share are from biased sources?

Apologies in advance if it offends you that I'm skeptical about the balanced nature of "LimitGov.org".

Lastly, allow me to address the WashPo article you've re-posted 100 times without reading...

I don't disagree with any of the facts presented in the article, but it's cherry picked.  Of course if you look at the total population that has not died from a school shooting and compare it to the population that has it's an incredibly small number.  If you use statistics correctly, and compare the gun violence in the US vs gun violence take place in the rest of the world, it's alarming and contradicts the polemic of that article.

This Washington Post article presents the frequency with which mass shootings occur in this country, and uses pretty charts to help understand why and how some other first world countries have used reform to decrease gun violence.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, fridge said:

Since you're the apparent resident spammer on PPP, has it ever occurred to you that almost all of the comics/articles you share are from biased sources?

Apologies in advance if it offends you that I'm skeptical about the balanced nature of "LimitGov.org".

Lastly, allow me to address the WashPo article you've re-posted 100 times without reading...

I don't disagree with any of the facts presented in the article, but it's cherry picked.  Of course if you look at the total population that has not died from a school shooting and compare it to the population that has it's an incredibly small number.  If you use statistics correctly, and compare the gun violence in the US vs gun violence take place in the rest of the world, it's alarming and contradicts the polemic of that article.

This Washington Post article presents the frequency with which mass shootings occur in this country, and uses pretty charts to help understand why and how some other first world countries have used reform to decrease gun violence.

Spend more time here, clown

He openly admits this. And he openly reminds us every time a drive by nitwit comes to claim he's bias. He may be, but he links stories that normally don't get traction because people don't go to www.bluesmurfnewsofcalifornia.org and other sites. 

And lastly your WaPo crap is crap. Mass shootings have been redefined 

It's annoying when idiots come here making a tired argument that's been beaten down and disproved because they think they're special or smart.

You have a lot of catching up to do.  

I miss the old PPP. I didn't even comment. It was easier to watch when idiots (including myself) didn't come stir **** up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fridge said:

He's aware.  He's a conservative news aggregator, and he knows it, and he's perfectly comfortable with it.  

Edited by DC Tom
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, fridge said:

You need to do a little reconnaissance before jumping to conclusions about different posters here. Lurk a bit and get to know the different posters and you won't be calling a respected poster here a spammer. Here's a primer for you. Deranged Rhino has never seen a conspiracy he doesn't like. DCTom is a know-it-all prick, but knows it. Chef Jim is not a chef anymore and prefers to cook the books instead. John Adams changed his name to Ben Franklin and presumably has been back locked in the closet for many months now. Boyst62 is a big, strapping cattleman who screws a different model every day. Besides the ranch he has a modeling agency for cattle. Tiberius (aka gatorman) may have several different aliases because I don't think its possible to have six or so people here that need help in tying their shoes. Hope this helps.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You need to do a little reconnaissance before jumping to conclusions about different posters here. Lurk a bit and get to know the different posters and you won't be calling a respected poster here a spammer. Here's a primer for you. Deranged Rhino has never seen a conspiracy he doesn't like. DCTom is a know-it-all prick, but knows it. Chef Jim is not a chef anymore and prefers to cook the books instead. John Adams changed his name to Ben Franklin and presumably has been back locked in the closet for many months now. Boyst62 is a big, strapping cattleman who screws a different model every day. Besides the ranch he has a modeling agency for cattle. Tiberius (aka gatorman) may have several different aliases because I don't think its possible to have six or so people here that need help in tying their shoes. Hope this helps.

Prima ballerina tonight, actually. Her name is Julia.

3 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

:beer: no worries, I didn't assume you did. I just have been talking a lot more on this issue than I ever have before and wanted to clarify myself for the crowd. 

46 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Ballerinas are fun, but crazy.

Or fun because crazy.

Not sure which.

The crazy ones are the best. The key is to get out before they slash your tires or find out your home address.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Spend more time here, clown

He openly admits this. And he openly reminds us every time a drive by nitwit comes to claim he's bias. He may be, but he links stories that normally don't get traction because people don't go to www.bluesmurfnewsofcalifornia.org and other sites. 

And lastly your WaPo crap is crap. Mass shootings have been redefined 

It's annoying when idiots come here making a tired argument that's been beaten down and disproved because they think they're special or smart.

You have a lot of catching up to do.  

I miss the old PPP. I didn't even comment. It was easier to watch when idiots (including myself) didn't come stir **** up.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

He's aware.  He's a conservative news aggregator, and he knows it, and he's perfectly comfortable with it.  

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Looks like I stumbled into an echo chamber.  Take care guys. Go Bills!

On 3/25/2018 at 6:31 AM, garybusey said:

DZIK9B1U0AAtOkm.jpg

Hey, you know the last time I saw a crowd like that? It was below. Know who those people are? Tea Party.

image.jpeg.e41b880a022c4f0969adf72344632f5e.jpeg

Who?

Exactly.

In six months no one will recall or give one flipschitt about the stupid rally because in the end, most people just don't give a flying fugschtick.

David Hogg will be doing a podcast with Cindy Sheehan and you'll be whining about Trump's second term.

22 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The crazy ones are the best. The key is to get out before they slash your tires or find out your home address.

It's not hard to find my address. Damn government watchlists and ****.  

I know how to do crazy.  Hair dressers, nurses, artists are most wild.  Airline babes are close by. I was raped by a hair dresser. Woke up and she is on top of me and I'm handcuffed.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

She is sorta cute, I guess.

cow.jpg

I wish. That heifer damn fine.

41 minutes ago, fridge said:

Looks like I stumbled into an echo chamber.  Take care guys. Go Bills!

I encourage you to try to spend more time here and just lurk. Maybe you would learn a different perspective especially that there is no Echo chamber. 

On 3/26/2018 at 8:53 AM, LeviF91 said:

Hey remember when LA Grant, gator, Shady et al. told us that "nobody is coming for your guns you paranoid lunatics."

You guys want to own up to those lies now or later?

Are they going to march into your home and take away your hand guns, shot guns and hunting rifles?        And no an AR type weapon is not for hunting deer or bear     

If they do, then you would be correct and I would be wrong.  

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Are they going to march into your home and take away your hand guns, shot guns and hunting rifles?        And no an AR type weapon is not for hunting deer or bear     

If they do, then you would be correct and I would be wrong.  

He is correct, and you are wrong on several fronts.  ARs are very often used for hunting, and they are looking to violate individual's right to bear arms.

You have a former Supreme Court Justice opining that it's time to repeal the Second Amendment.