Reich HC...Now I EXPECT a Favorable Deal for the 3rd Pick

The other reason the OP's position makes some sense is because Doug Peterson, Reich and McDermott are all cut from the same cloth.  They are the new breed of coaches who create "teams" rather than blowhards like Rex, Pete Carroll, Belly. Trades with the Eagles, trades with the Panthers. There's more to the brotherhood of coaches than others might think. I don't see this as beyond the realm of possibilities (i.e. that Reich seriously considers a decent deal with the Bills knowing McDermott and Beane are on the other line).

2 minutes ago, HT02 said:

That's true I hadn't considered that, he worships the Bills and will do anything for them (even though he probably doesn't know a single player or anyone in the front office.

Dude, Reich played in the Comeback Game against the Houston Oilers.  It was the biggest comeback in playoff history.  The game and Reich are legendary.  How have you never heard of him?

Just now, stony said:

That's ridiculous.  $10 says he knows who Colt Anderson is. 

True and I'm sure he'd risk his long awaited opportunity as a head coach to help out Colt and the Bills!

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So you're trying to tell me that Frank Reich as the new HC of the Colts will have the best interest of the Bills in a potential trade of the 3rd pick in the upcoming draft and will be amenable to a deal in our favor because he played for the the team long ago?  That is preposterous. 

your right, it's all a dream. Bill didn't give Jimmy G away to his friend Shanahan for a mere 2nd round pick. Preposterous. Do your really think GM's call the shots anymore over a HC who knows his needs. And who's to say Frank doesn't consider a deal that benefits both teams. This really isn't that far fetched. 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Dude, Reich played in the Comeback Game against the Houston Oilers.  It was the biggest comeback in playoff history.  The game and Reich are legendary.  How have you never heard of him?

My bad, you'd think that since I have watched every single Bills game since 1983  I'd remember that game.  

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

your right, it's all a dream. Bill didn't give Jimmy G away to his friend Shanahan for a mere 2nd round pick. Preposterous. Do your really think GM's call the shots anymore over a HC who knows his needs. And who's to say Frank doesn't consider a deal that benefits both teams. This really isn't that far fetched. 

Who on the Bills do you think Reich considers a friend or do you think he would take a lesser deal with Buffalo just because he wore the uniform.  Personal relationships are not the same as fondly remembering your time in an organization.

That trade has STINK all over it.  Not to mention that the 49ers waited a month before starting him thus giving NE* a better draft pick.  

Hell, had SF started Jimmy "the great" after the trade the  49ers could have made a push for the off season!!! 

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Belichick was about to lose Jimmy G for no compensation at all with him headed to UFA in 2018.  He didn't want Jimmy G in the AFC and wanted to do right by him by sending him to a good situation in SF with Shanahan as the HC.   Frank Reich is not calling the shots in Indy and has absolutely no incentive as a first time head coach to favor a deal to his own team's detriment to do the Bills a solid.   No sale!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Derek Jeter is on line one.

Are you sure that you are not mixing up the concept of loyalty with stupidity? 

Explain this to me, a very befuddled individual. The league approves a franchise sale to an ownership group that wins out against other competing groups. As soon as the deal is completed the new ownership group starts selling off its best players because it can't afford to keep them. Whatever happened to the concept of due diligence?  Do I have a reason to be perplexed or am I simply a prime candidate for the Forrest Gump Business award. This is very perplexing.  

5 minutes ago, HT02 said:

My bad, you'd think that since I have watched every single Bills game since 1983  I'd remember that game.  

The great comeback where instant Replay would have wiped a TD pass / catch off the scoreboard as Beebe stepped OOB 

the game where thousands left early and were climbing the fences to get back in.   classic 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That trade has STINK all over it.  Not to mention that the 49ers waited a month before starting him thus giving NE* a better draft pick.  

Hell, had SF started Jimmy "the great" after the trade the  49ers could have made a push for the off season!!! 

Only the worst of teams could screw up a tank that badly ..............................

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

Explain this to me, a very befuddled individual. The league approves a franchise sale to an ownership group that wins out against other competing groups. As soon as the deal is completed the new ownership group starts selling off its best players because it can't afford to keep them. Whatever happened to the concept of due diligence?  Do I have a reason to be perplexed or am I simply a prime candidate for the Forrest Gump Business award. This is very perplexing.  

I'm sure Jeter got them all a very nice gift basket. 

4 minutes ago, HT02 said:

Who on the Bills do you think Reich considers a friend or do you think he would take a lesser deal with Buffalo just because he wore the uniform.  Personal relationships are not the same as fondly remembering your time in an organization.

who said anything about a lesser deal?

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm sorry for your current state of befuddlement and perplexity, but Jeter exercised both loyalty (not to his current team) AND stupidity (by not even attempting to cover up that it was a "gimme," to the Yankees) with that "trade."

1 minute ago, stony said:

I'm sure Jeter got them all a very nice gift basket. 

Jeter's motto is: When you have an asset then just sell low! Ralph Wilson could have taught the recently retired young fellow how to better squeeze a nickel. 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sorry for your current state of befuddlement and perplexity, but Jeter exercised both loyalty (not to his current team) AND stupidity (by not even attempting to cover up that it was a "gimme," to the Yankees) with that "trade."

Don't feel sorry for my state of confusion. I embrace my state of innocence. If it made Gump happy it can do the same for me. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's exactly the premise of the OP.

all he said was a "decent" deal. That can also be construed as a "fair" deal that benefits both teams. Darnold is the only qb worth trading up that high imho. He will probably be gone by 3. But I cannot discount relationships people have had with both players, coaches and yes even organizations. If Darnold is there at 3 I would hope a fair deal could be considered that benefits both teams. but maybe a little relationship help that deal go a long way.

I think the QB hype is going to send the price to move up from where we are almost impossible. I can see 4 or 5 of these QB's having amazing pro days and combine's. Teams like Denver, Arizona,Jets and Giants will all be trying to leapfrog each other. I think we would have to give up 3  1st rd picks and Glenn to even open up conversations.

all he said was a "decent" deal. That can also be construed as a "fair" deal that benefits both teams. Darnold is the only qb worth trading up that high imho. He will probably be gone by 3. But I cannot discount relationships people have had with both players, coaches and yes even organizations. If Darnold is there at 3 I would hope a fair deal could be considered that benefits both teams. but maybe a little relationship help that deal go a long way.

If the #3 pick is in play, there will be multiple suitors and both Chris Ballard as well as Reich have a fiduciary responsibility to the Colts to take the best deal possible to serve their team's interest.  His thread title and OP indicate that Reich should have something else in mind other than that in favor of the Bills which is pure nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I asked earlier and haven't seen anyone answer the question, but is it just me or is thread stupid?  Seems stupid to me.  I dunno.

"Dumb" is in the eye of the beholder 

Another aspect  - We could expect a better deal from Frank than any one from a  former cheating NE* coach

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I asked earlier and haven't seen anyone answer the question, but is it just me or is thread stupid?  Seems stupid to me.  I dunno.

I wouldn't expect an answer; we still don't even know if the Pegulas can own two teams in the same city.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

who said anything about a lesser deal?

Giving the Bills a "favorable deal" implies that Colts would get less in return than they could have on the open market.  That is the title of this thread.

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How long has Irsay owned the Colts?  

Because as I posted Frank has been a member of the Colts organization.  

Let's break it down here: 1,347 regrettable tweets, 2 DWIs, 4 stints in rehab, and 1 dead hooker (that we know about)...so , like 6 years I think.  Maybe 5??

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/11/2018 at 7:00 PM, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Don’t forget where you came from...Frank.  Where you got your start and where you learned how to win.

when the phone rings from Mr. Beane just maybe give us a decent deal and not hold us over the barrel.

Hes a rookie head coach and Chris Ballard is their GM. The connection doesn’t hurt but it’s not a sure thing. Also, they may want Chubb. They may not move.  

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Don’t forget where you came from...Frank.  Where you got your start and where you learned how to win.

when the phone rings from Mr. Beane just maybe give us a decent deal and not hold us over the barrel.

The Colts were the team mid-season I was really hoping would end up with the #2 pick.

But yes, I could realistically see us trading up with them at #3...

or Andrew Luck... ?  0:)