Matt Harmon: Best Tight-Window Passers of 2017

13 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Looks like he cocked to throw to Thompson and brought it back when the safety was in is line to throw coming forward. Looked like with an arm like TT has it was an easy try. Example of too cautious I guess.

Thompson wasn't signed to our roster until after the Bengals game.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Or.......maybe on his next team they won't try to see how much he can do without good receivers too? 

Eagles proved how important WR talent is..........out with the meh possession types like Jordan Matthews......and in the the fast and the playmakers.

Cuz Meh Matthews only had one of the best starts to his career https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=zK36H They only trade him cuz Agolar couldn't play on the outside either and we're desperate for CB help

Edited by The Jokeman

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

TT doesn't have the balls to beat that MLB in zone coverage. He sees the LBs backpedaling, covering ground and he can't pull the trigger to the place the WR will be, but hey, he's the best we have right now.....

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Cuz Meh Matthews only had one of the best starts to his career https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=zK36H They only trade him cuz Agolar couldn't play on the outside either and we're desperate for CB help

They were trying to trade Matthews for months.

No takers.

He was a throw in.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's an issue without question, but I don't recall too many instances of him hanging receivers out to dry. 

This is true.

But most of the time the receiver is avoiding contact because the throw is so low he has to catch it from laying down, or the receiver has to stop his route as the ball isn’t in stride.

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

This is true.

But most of the time the receiver is avoiding contact because the throw is so low he has to catch it from laying down, or the receiver has to stop his route as the ball isn’t in stride.

Anything to back this up?  Somehow I doubt it. 

• Like (+1) 1

We've been through the discussion of Buffalo's receivers being open or not.  One stat that may be relevant is the fact that Tyrod holds the ball longer than any other QB in the league.  Ostensibly, he does this because he has trouble anticipating his receivers moves.  Many times he seems reluctant to throw until he sees the receiver is open.  The problem is with the quality of DBs in the league, receivers are rarely open for a long time.  If you wait until they are open, then wind up to throw, you have wasted valuable time, and the window of openness for your receiver has come and gone.  I wonder if this is what is happening to Tyrod.   In other words, maybe the tig windows are of Tyrod's own making because he hesitates too long to throw the football.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

So what if he was a throw in? He contributed more than someone like Dez Lewis.

The point is that there was no demand for him in a league where teams are carrying 6 receivers and using them.

He's a taint.

He's a "big slot".......which most teams have no use for those.......they want quick and fast slot receivers......OR they want to put a TE in the slot who they can move inside to help in the run game.

And Matthews is simply not quick or fast enough.....or a size/contested catch guy like Benjamin........ to play the x of z effectively.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This is the best paragraph to describe Tyrod. Maybe on his next team he'll start taking more chances with the ball. He certainly could keep working on that.

This I agree with. In my opinion, the very BEST Taylor looked all season was, ironically to me, the second half of the Charger game. He really didn't have a need to be ultra conservative, flung the ball around more freely, took off running using his athletic ability more.

If we could have seen him like that more of his Buffalo career I would like to keep him. However, he truly is what he is at this point. Wish him the very best, class act guy. Just doesn't have that clutch ability.

This is another one of those things that’s a shoulder shrug for me. Tyrod has always been pretty accurate. I don’t think that anyone ever debated that. That was never the issue though. I’m not surprised when I see that he was relatively accurate or that the receivers didn’t get separation. That was never a part of the conversation. Those were givens.

Now if we saw some advanced stats that said he threw early or that the receivers were great route runners I’d be intersted. These stats to me are a little “water is wet.” 

• Like (+1) 1