Pats message board... Priceless

simool

Dont know how any Pats fan can be upset. We all knew the def. had serious issues especially at lb. It was a close good game Eagles took chances and didnt puke on themselves. They made a few more plays and deserve the win.

It was good to see that 99 year old guy get to enjoy a superbowl win.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know but they put up 613 yards of offense, didn’t punt, and lost to nick Foles. Their defense was pathetic. I’d be pretty damn pissed.

Agree. A history of winning doesn’t necessarily  make a tough loss easier to cope with. We are forgetting that on paper the Pats should have won this game. Instead, the Pats were throughly outcoached, and had no answer for stopping Nick Foles. If I were a Pats fan, I would have already taken the day off to attend the victory parade. This was not a game they should have lost. Brady matches up well against Schwartz’s defense, and he absolutely shredded them. Shutting down Brady has historically been the key to defeating the Pats. The Eagles were unable to do so, but the Pats D simply chocked. They have good reason to be upset imo. 

15 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Good riddance Matty P, go **** off in Detroit you’ll be fired in 2 years. You suck as a coordinator and you’ll suck as a HC. And for you Billy, you’re lucky you have Brady making you look as good as you have

Neither one of these garbage teams deserved to win this one. But losing a SuperBowl to Nick Foles is inexcusable. Just another Patriots SuperBowl gag job. They are becoming routine. Unprepared, as usual. 

:lol::lol::lol:

Unbelievable 

4 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:
5 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

That's a 5 yard penalty so the hail Mary attempt would of been the only option again.

Ya thats a flag there. No Pats lover but fair games soo much better for both sides. Even tho Pats have been on Pats side so long. Fair games are much better.

4 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Dont know how any Pats fan can be upset. We all knew the def. had serious issues especially at lb. It was a close good game Eagles took chances and didnt puke on themselves. They made a few more plays and deserve the win.

It was good to see that 99 year old guy get to enjoy a superbowl win.

And it was great to cross another team off the "Never won a trophy" list. I know a lot of Bills fans want that list to remain but I'm all for parody. Our day is coming...I think!

15 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

One thing great about sports is that it's almost as fun to hate as it is to love. Not really as good of course, but sports schadenfruede is pretty great.

This is 100% correct, and it irritates me to no end when somebody gets all high-and-mighty about it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Bottom line, though: they get called for fewer penalties because they commit fewer penalties. It's not as if the league wants to see them win all of time. I mean, it should be pretty freaking obvious at this point that they don't want that to happen. There is no conspiracy and there is no superstar-treatment of them with regard to calls. If there were, Gronk would be the beneficiary of a call every other play because he really is held and interfered with that much. 

Let's put aside the "conspiracy" thing for a second. 

I believe that the Pats are a well-coached team and as such, they commit fewer dumb penalties.  But as many fewer as are called on them?  Really?

Last night I saw pretty egregious holding by the Pats OL, including one flagrant block in the back that flattened an Eagles DLman who had pwned his blocker, right in front of the ref.

If that thing involving Hogan was a hold, I saw PI on Eagles WR, again right in front of the ref, not called.

I think Gronk should be the target of a call every other play because he really pushes off and interferes with his defenders just that much.

Do I think there is "superstar treatment" of the Pats?  Yes, I do.  It's human nature, the champ gets the benefit of the doubt.  I also think coaching has something to do with it, the Pats are coached to react and "act" and ham it up to help get the calls.

It would be interesting to see a study where one submitted game films to a number of refs and had them make the calls, and see how it compares with the actual game.

4 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Ha ha you have no idea how Pats fans are do you?

They are not football fans that can generally enjoy a good game.  They are entitled band wagoners.

I'm still really mad about that one [4th and 3 pick play]. It's against the damn rules. New England got called on it constantly even when they ran it legally. But Philly gets to just whip out illegal plays when the game is on the line and it's not a problem. Ugh.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

...<breath>...

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Let's put aside the "conspiracy" thing for a second. 

I believe that the Pats are a well-coached team and as such, they commit fewer dumb penalties.  But as many fewer as are called on them?  Really?

Last night I saw pretty egregious holding by the Pats OL, including one flagrant block in the back that flattened an Eagles DLman who had pwned his blocker, right in front of the ref.

If that thing involving Hogan was a hold, I saw PI on Eagles WR, again right in front of the ref, not called.

I think Gronk should be the target of a call every other play because he really pushes off and interferes with his defenders just that much.

Do I think there is "superstar treatment" of the Pats?  Yes, I do.  It's human nature, the champ gets the benefit of the doubt.  I also think coaching has something to do with it, the Pats are coached to react and "act" and ham it up to help get the calls.

It would be interesting to see a study where one submitted game films to a number of refs and had them make the calls, and see how it compares with the actual game.

They let them play they didnt call the holds. There could have been a few on philly.  The refs let the game play out. They called the ones they had too. But other than that they did it how they should

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

...<breath>...

That was one of my favorites  -  "even when they ran the illegal play legally"

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Ya thats a flag there. No Pats lover but fair games soo much better for both sides. Even tho Pats have been on Pats side so long. Fair games are much better.

Not if the QB is out of the pocket.....