Pats message board... Priceless

simool

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

They are in the top ten lowest penalized teams.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game?date=2017-02-06

Haha my bad I !@#$ed up. I always heard they were among the most penalized teams perhaps I was wrong in what I believed. I used the same site to because I wanted to fact check, what an idiot.

Perhaps you are right. I don't believe it, but I can't say anything other than I was wrong. My bad calling you out. 

25 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Haha my bad I !@#$ed up. I always heard they were among the most penalized teams perhaps I was wrong in what I believed. I used the same site to because I wanted to fact check, what an idiot.

Perhaps you are right. I don't believe it, but I can't say anything other than I was wrong. My bad calling you out. 

The thing is, to me, it's inexplicable. I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I don't believe the NFL told officials to give the Patriots all the calls. I do believe my eyes. So I just can't explain it but I see it all the time.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The thing is, to me, it's inexplicable. I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I don't believe the NFL told officials to give the Patriots all the calls. I do believe my eyes. So I just can't explain it but I see it all the time.

I think this is more plausible. It's like the NBA, the superstars traditionally get the calls and the benefit of the doubt. I think that's what it is, I mistakenly took you for more of a conspiracy theorist. It's annoying, but I don't believe it's nefarious. 

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think this is more plausible. It's like the NBA, the superstars traditionally get the calls and the benefit of the doubt. I think that's what it is, I mistakenly took you for more of a conspiracy theorist. It's annoying, but I don't believe it's nefarious. 

It's funny you brought that up. Because I have this theory that Michael Jordan ruined professional sports.

Before him it used to be that the superstars got "the benefit of the doubt" as you say. And it was true, and it was tolerable to most fans. It made sense to some degree. Akin to the idea, like in boxing, that you have to clearly "beat" the champ to be the champ. There is no such thing as a tie. If you don't beat him you are not #1.

When Jordan started to become great, which wasn't until 8-9 years into his career and he won championships, he started getting ALL the calls. Every time. It was no longer benefit of the doubt, he got every one (and when I say every one of course I don't mean every single one). To some degree Shaq got all the calls but not like Jordan. And it's easier in basketball than other sports.

But the idea of a whole team, like the Patriots, getting calls like that doesn't make sense to me. Especially after they were caught cheating a couple different times, which officials should HATE to no end.

• Like (+1) 3

May I add, the Gillislee move instead of signing Blount was a massive blunder which probably cost a Championship as well. Didn’t like the move when it happened, unfortunately I was right. The chemistry of the team was hurt by not having Blount there, and he got his revenge. Bad move by Belichick the GM.

:D:lol::w00t:

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, simool said:

Sounds like some of them post here "One of the worst coaching performances in contemporary sports".

They think exaggeration drives their point across rather than making them look like idiots.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Man I wish we sucked that much.

Don't worry, you do but some like you despite it.  We have flaws.

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

BTW, I thought the league and refs do everything to ensure the Pats win.  Not if you watched this game.  Can we please finally stop that nonsense?

Maybe when the Pats* ball washers need to stop posting due to being ICU for poisoning yes.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah, the sweet, sweet taste of Patriot fan tears

Love the gritching about "illegal formation" on the trick Foles TD reception, the claims of illegal pick plays, and of course that the opponents were "gifted" 2 TD by the refs

I wonder what alias "Formerly Allan in MD" has on that board. Sounds like him.

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Patriot Fans complaining about the Refs is just freaking golden lol

did someone post   That's Karma bitches 

8 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

BTW, I thought the league and refs do everything to ensure the Pats win.  Not if you watched this game.  Can we please finally stop that nonsense?

how many total flags were thrown against the Cheatriots?    There were 1 or 2 PI's not flagged against them also.  

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

How mad can NE fans really be?

They have 5 rings and they'll be right back in the mix in 2018.

Seriously...

I don’t know but they put up 613 yards of offense, didn’t punt, and lost to nick Foles. Their defense was pathetic. I’d be pretty damn pissed.

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's funny you brought that up. Because I have this theory that Michael Jordan ruined professional sports.

Before him it used to be that the superstars got "the benefit of the doubt" as you say. And it was true, and it was tolerable to most fans. It made sense to some degree. Akin to the idea, like in boxing, that you have to clearly "beat" the champ to be the champ. There is no such thing as a tie. If you don't beat him you are not #1.

When Jordan started to become great, which wasn't until 8-9 years into his career and he won championships, he started getting ALL the calls. Every time. It was no longer benefit of the doubt, he got every one (and when I say every one of course I don't mean every single one). To some degree Shaq got all the calls but not like Jordan. And it's easier in basketball than other sports.

But the idea of a whole team, like the Patriots, getting calls like that doesn't make sense to me. Especially after they were caught cheating a couple different times, which officials should HATE to no end.

I don't think they get all the calls at all (witness last night). I just think that a) they are well coached and commit fewer infractions than other teams, and b) have been the recipient of a couple of beneficial calls in very high profile games over the years (eg, the jesse james non-catch) that linger in people's minds. The problem is that those reversals on the pats' behalf were correct according to the letter of the law. 

Bottom line, though: they get called for fewer penalties because they commit fewer penalties. It's not as if the league wants to see them win all of time. I mean, it should be pretty freaking obvious at this point that they don't want that to happen. There is no conspiracy and there is no superstar-treatment of them with regard to calls. If there were, Gronk would be the beneficiary of a call every other play because he really is held and interfered with that much. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1