Incognito update

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I'm not....I want a league investigation into serial abuse ;) 

That sounds...Flaky.  I think they'll have to Crunch the numbers to see if it makes sense.  But they do need to protect the Bran, so maybe they'll buy in to your Loop-y request. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Yes, because saying the N-word is the only way to racially abuse a black man...

With that said, I do find it odd that the Jax player never came out and said what exactly was said to him. If you are going to publicly accuse  someone of racism you should at least make clear what was said. Especially when the player has a history of hurling racial insults. 

Your point goes to the heart of the matter. If the player is going to go public then he should have been more explicit as to what was actually said. The issue of racism is more volatile than most issues. You have to be very careful and understand that even an implication or insinution that a person directed a racist comment to you can wrongly or rightly label the person as a racist, again wrongly or rightly. 

Incognito has a history. So he is prone to not having the benefit of the doubt. That isn't necessarily fair. Instead of making a vague claim and then not explaining what was said he placed Incognito in a no win situation as to whether he should respond to the accusation. If he responds one way or the other it only keeps the issue alive and makes him appear even more guilty of something he didn't intend to do. 

In this case instead of making a public comment he could have gone up to Incognito after the game and let him know how he felt. I wouldn't be surprised if Incognito said something that was questionable but he didn't meant it to be cast as a racist comment. 

6 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yannick Ngakoue's accusation is weak as hell. If you're going to accuse someone of something, then actually do so, don't play around like it's half-serious. This whole "he knows what he said" talk is weak garbage. 

Agreed.  If you're going to put a guy through the ringer, Man up! as to why.

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

Bottom line is - if you are white, you are totally racist. 

If black, you can’t be racist. 

If you are half black (Halle Berry, Kaep) - you are black. 

If you are a quarter black (Obama)  - you are black. 

If you portionally black and raised by White people - white people are the devil. 

This is what the media tells me. 

i've never heard anyone in the media say that. Even if they did, I wouldn't be stupid enough to believe it.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed.  If you're going to put a guy through the ringer, Man up! as to why.

I mean, not only for responsibility's sake, just be a man and actually confront the person. Playing coy is such a passive aggressive beta thing to do it makes me nauseous. All he wants is to make a little comment and for people to imagine what It could have been. If the man said something to your face that offended you, punch him in the mouth then and there or in the tunnel on the way to the locker room. Can anyone see Bruce Smith or Mean Joe Greene sitting at their locker and whining to other people about what someone said to them? This world is getting so soft.  

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

i've never heard anyone in the media say that. Even if they did, I wouldn't be stupid enough to believe it.

I'm not stupid enough to believe it either, but there are Millions that are stupid enough to believe what the media feeds them...that's much more dangerous.

11 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I'm not stupid enough to believe it either, but there are Millions that are stupid enough to believe what the media feeds them...that's much more dangerous.

certain media are quite credible, unfortunately it's often hard to sort them out.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, eball said:

This became a non-story to me when Dawkins -- a black man who plays right next to Richie -- came out immediately and said he heard nothing racially inflammatory.

That was part of it, but when not even a single teammate of that Jags player came to his defense, and one even suggested that he was biased against Incognito because of the Jonathan Martin thing, I figured it was nothing.  And so far it's been over 2 weeks and there's been zero evidence anything derogatory was said.

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

That was part of it, but when not even a single teammate of that Jags player came to his defense, and one even suggested that he was biased against Incognito because of the Jonathan Martin thing, I figured it was nothing.  And so far it's been over 2 weeks and there's been zero evidence anything derogatory was said.

Oh I don't doubt Richie said something derogatory -- that's just smack talk -- but there's no evidence it was racially motivated.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That sounds...Flaky.  I think they'll have to Crunch the numbers to see if it makes sense.  But they do need to protect the Bran, so maybe they'll buy in to your Loop-y request. 

Did I misspell cereal ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Lots of opining here, but not one of us actually knows anything one way or the other.

Actually we do know that no in RI's vicinity during the game heard him say a racial slur and the NFL didn't hear anything on the audio of the game.  Therefore the only conclusion is that nothing was actually said.