Super Bowl XXXIX Rematch: Do the Eagles Stand a Chance?

Doe the Eagles Have a Shot in Two Weeks?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Doe the Eagles Have a Shot in Two Weeks?

• Done Deal! Patriots Win Again
    • The Eagles are Good and Have a Shot

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2018 at 11:30 PM

2 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

I think that this is going to be Schwartz's masterpiece game. If he can stay aggressive vs Brady and not blink like St.Doug did the Eagles will win this. The only other big ? is the refs. If memory serves do the Pats get BS calls from the refs  in the SB? regular season and other playoff games of course but in the actual big game have the refs helped the Pats out? I think the SB games have been decently officiated but the Pats have been in so many I cannot remember.

Refs haven't helped them at all in the SB that I recall. Once they get there they are on their own.

Guys just don't make the plays against them. Brady threw TWO passes on their last TD drive vs Atlanta last year that should have been easy interceptions that would have ended the game. Gotta make the play.

Doug Pederson is going to stay aggressive, and the Eagles have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL plus two "grind the clock" type RBs who can take over a game. As Bills fans we know what Ajayi can do in the 4th quarter.

Brady and the Patriots excel in the 4th quarter. If you can score a TD in the 4th you usually beat them. Even if you can stay even with them in the 4th. All Jacksonville had to do is mount one long drive and score a TD and it would have been 27-10 with 5:00 or so left.

In that scenario, it's practically impossible for them to come back unless they recover onside kicks. When you get the ball run 3 times and bleed 2 minutes minimum. It's going to take them at least 1:30 to 2:00 to score unless they burn timeouts, which is fine too.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I kind of like this. he could play a big factor on offense.

LeGarrette Blount in straight enemy mode vs. Patriots

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-cant-miss-plays%2F0ap3000000854750%2FCan-t-Miss-Play-LeGarrette-Blount-goes-Beast-Mode-on-68-yard-run

New England, he said, is the enemy.

"Straight enemy mode," Blount emphasized to reporters Thursday. "Ain't no friends. Ain't no homies. None of that. We know ... We know what we're going to do. They know what they're going to do. We both have the same goal in mind. There aren't any hard feelings, it just is what it is."

Link

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎25 at 11:44 AM, TheFunPolice said:

Refs haven't helped them at all in the SB that I recall. Once they get there they are on their own.

Guys just don't make the plays against them. Brady threw TWO passes on their last TD drive vs Atlanta last year that should have been easy interceptions that would have ended the game. Gotta make the play.

Doug Pederson is going to stay aggressive, and the Eagles have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL plus two "grind the clock" type RBs who can take over a game. As Bills fans we know what Ajayi can do in the 4th quarter.

Brady and the Patriots excel in the 4th quarter. If you can score a TD in the 4th you usually beat them. Even if you can stay even with them in the 4th. All Jacksonville had to do is mount one long drive and score a TD and it would have been 27-10 with 5:00 or so left.

In that scenario, it's practically impossible for them to come back unless they recover onside kicks. When you get the ball run 3 times and bleed 2 minutes minimum. It's going to take them at least 1:30 to 2:00 to score unless they burn timeouts, which is fine too.

I watched the replay of last year's SB game. The officiating was decent overall. Which means the usual borderline incompetent NFL quality but not egregiously bias.    The penalties the Pats got especially near the end seemed to be legit. The key to their victory was not the refs, the amazing play of Brady or the flukey catches (like Edelman's) it was the Falcons coaches making some of the worst decisions at crucial times of any team ever in a SB.  On the last Falcon drive of regulation.  Trying to throw the ball on 2nd down on the Pat's 24 and getting a sack. Then taking a ( legit) penalty on 3rd down to push them back to the 45 yard line. Where on a 3rd and 33 they throw a terrible incomplete pass. It was like they wanted themselves to lose. They were in FG range to go up by 2 scores all they had to do was run it 3 times, kill the clock and force the Pats to burn timeouts and win the game. Instead stupidity took over and once again the Pats just waited for that and took full advantage. Still unbelievable watching it happen a year later, especially after the Seattle stupidity. 

Edited by Livinginthepast

....sure they have a chance.....defense is formidable and I think Schwartz has the moxy to make adjustments...MORE of the onus falls on Frank Reich and the offense......definitely need to get the run game going early and make sure Foles plays within himself.....

7 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

In some ways I really don't want the Eagles to pull of the upset because it would make losing Jim Schartz look even worse in hindsight.

Just sucks we only had him for one year in Buffalo and it's no coincidence that Dareus and Jerry Hughes had career years in 2014.

Throw enough bait in the water and you will Shirley get a bite!

Former Eagles coach claims Patriots may have stole signals in Super Bowl XXXIX

Former Philadelphia Eagles defensive coach Steve Spagnuolo said Monday in a radio interview that his defensive staff was suspicious the New England Patriots knew their signals during Super Bowl XXXIX.

Spagnuolo said he went back to the tape after the game and his suspicions were confirmed. 

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/01/30/former-eagles-coach-claims-patriots-may-have-stole-signals-in-super-bowl-xxxix.html

On 1/21/2018 at 8:34 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Is a Patriot win in Super Bowl LII a done deal? 

Yes, its why I'm betting 600$ on them to win, hoping to make 900. This is the beginning  of the story book ending. The Officials will let them play but will favor NE, this is easy money for me. 

There are only two outcomes to me.

1. The Patriots get a lead and Foles just implodes. Patriots win in a blowout and give America the finger.

2. The game is close due to some keys injuries on the Patriots and Brady pulls off the win in the 4th Qtr.

I think as Bills fans we all know how this story is going to end. You might as well make some money off of it because it doesn't get much better than this.

I wouldnt be surprised if I end up betting 1,000 on the Patriots to win and cover.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

Fletcher Cox is gonna go off on Sunday and the Eagles offense is extremely diverse in terms of spreading it around making it more difficult for Belichick to take away their one offensive strength. If the Eagles can run the ball, I like their chances. Cox may end up the MVP if the Eagles do win it. 

hoping the pats win and brady retires....but rooting for the eagles to keep it close.

MY PREDICTION:  4th qtr. 55 seconds left.  phil. 21 pats 19

pass interference call on a pass to gronk on 3rd and long. spot of the foul puts the pats in fg range.

pats get fg and win on the last play of the game 22-21.:wacko:  brady gets mvp:angry:....then says he wants to play for another 5 years.:o

Edited by billsredneck1

New England will win the game. they will take advantage of the weakness of the eagles defense which is stoping pass catching rbs. while the eagles have a good run defense they faced the 25th hardest schedule of opposing rbs. They struggle on runs to the left. 

You will know what belichick thinks of foles, if he respects a qb he allows them to run as much as they wany. If he dosent he wont and will make him win it. 

The eagles pass defense is middle of the pack. Yes the eagles have a front with depth but the patriots have the skill players to negate that.

Then you top it off with alshon jefferys words. 

up until the eagles players starting coming down with the flu I thought Philidelphia would make it interesting but if you have two players with flu confirmations there are probably another dozen with varying symptoms...this one will be over by half-time...hope I am wrong