Ryan

Rodgers

Stafford

Wentz

Watson

Wilson

Garappalo

And there are several that are debatable, Carr, Winston, Mariota, flacco, goff

He is not a top ten QB lol, not even close. 

Some of you are nuts. I hope you goes to the Jets.

Free pass number 10 trillion for Luck.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, papazoid said:

TD's thrown

KC - 27

TT- 13

that's more than slightly better

if cousins was on this years team....we beat JAX

Well, in all honesty, any QB that could have thrown even 1 TD would have put us on a good path to beating the Jags.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

I said offensive lineman....(tackles, guards & centers)

as far as Tackles only (left or right)....there are 10 on each of those years  (2016 & 2017) better than Glenn.

he was healthy in 2016 and still didn't make the top 25 offensive lineman. on that list there were 7 left tackles.

my point is, cordy is being paid like the 2nd or 3rd best offensive lineman in the entire league. he will NEVER be that good. therefore, he is over paid.

Your arguments are simply bogus BS that's based on conveniently manipulated stats like lumping all offensive linemen together to make your point.    Even lumping RTs and LTs together ignores the realities of the modern NFL where LTs much more highly valued -- paid -- than RTs, but carry on with proving your ignorance.

With the salary cap expected to shoot from $167 million to $180 million or more and with plenty of teams flush with cap space and cash, the looming free-agency period could be more active than ever.

Which is very good news for Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins. If, of course, he actually makes it to the open market.

There’s still a chance he won’t. Some in league circles think Washington will use the franchise tag for a third straight year, pushing his one-year salary up by 44 percent, from $23.94 million in 2017 to $34.47 million in 2018. That would amount to more than 19 percent of the total available cap dollars for the full roster in 2018.

It’s also possible that Washington will opt for the transition tag, which would give Cousins only a 20-percent raise, pushing his pay for 2018 to $28.72 million. The savings of more than $5 million would be balanced by the possibility that another team would sign Cousins to a contract offer that Washington wouldn’t or couldn’t match.

4 hours ago, Process said:

Brady

Roethlisberger

Luck

Rivers

Newton 

Brees

Ryan

Rodgers

Stafford

Wentz

Watson

Wilson

Garappalo

Ya he's for sure not top 10

He is probably between 13-15, so an above average QB.

And there's no way I would want him on the Bills for 25 per year

Is Cousins better than TT: Yes.  Is Cousins so much better than TT that we should throw a ridiculous amount of money at him: nope.  Get a comparable yet lesser priced FA (Bradford, Smith, etc), spend the money on the front 7 defense and perhaps OL.  

I'd transition him if I were Washington. Bear in mind that Washington has a pretty good coach who desperately needs to win next season, and that ain't happening without a competent and/or rookie QB. If they transition him (rather than franchise him) at $28 million plus, they save about $6 million. The cap is going up, and that's a reasonable price for a good-if-not-great QB who can get you to 10-11 games if the other pieces are in place. I keep him and get him an upgrade at the WR2 spot, the TE spot (i.e., someone who isn't always hurt), and RB. Draft defense early. They have the 13th, 45th, and 77th picks. I'd trade back from 13 if a deal is there, and collect players. A good RB can be had in round 3 and a better WR can be signed in FA, and there are going to be some good ones. http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2018WR.php

i'd pay cousins that money all day long.  it's all about putting a great team around him. was brees worth the money the last few years going 7-9 and 8-8 or whatever?  then they draft 3 great rookies in kamara, lattimore and the saferty and boom...big run game and nice defense.  they win a bunch of games and one bad play from being in the nfc title game.   in pitt big ben has two HOF players around him on offense...one who might be the best wr ever. the defense is stacked as well. 

we could pay him the money...draft well and we will look like new orleans was this year. or we could pay him the money and not draft well and look like new orleans the last few years. that's what it comes down to. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

i'd pay cousins that money all day long.  it's all about putting a great team around him. was brees worth the money the last few years going 7-9 and 8-8 or whatever?  then they draft 3 great rookies in kamara, lattimore and the saferty and boom...big run game and nice defense.  they win a bunch of games and one bad play from being in the nfc title game.   in pitt big ben has two HOF players around him on offense...one who might be the best wr ever. the defense is stacked as well. 

we could pay him the money...draft well and we will look like new orleans was this year. or we could pay him the money and not draft well and look like new orleans the last few years. that's what it comes down to. 

Doesn't your analogy depend on Cousins being the equivalent of Brees?  I don't think he's all that.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Doesn't your analogy depend on Cousins being the equivalent of Brees?  I don't think he's all that.

great response. look at rivers. tons of yards and tds but never does anything cause they have no defense. russell wilson threw for a ton this year but lost his defense. see a pattern here?  we know cousins can put up nice numbers with hardly any talent on his offense. i think it's a reasonable risk to sign him and let our new gm surround him with all those picks we have. if cousins comes here and puts up 4200 yards, 28 tds and 13 picks would you hate the contract?  especially if our gm can do what he did with our secondary to our front seven?  i'd forget all about that contract real quick

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Process said:

Brady

Roethlisberger

Luck

Rivers

Newton 

Brees

Ryan

Rodgers

Stafford

Wentz

Watson

Wilson

Luck

Garappalo

the last doesn't belong on that list.    When the guy does something worthy then we can discuss.   7 games does not make a player.   (2 with NE against crap teams)

Haven't people learned that with Tyrod?  

and Osweiller and Tebow and Cassel and ............... ................ .............

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the last doesn't belong on that list.    When the guy does something worthy then we can discuss.   7 games does not make a player.   (2 with NE against crap teams)

I think the list is pretty fair overall though . Shows that the notion that Cousins is a top 10 QB may not be the most accurate one.

4 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

My worry is you get strapped down to Cousins contract and then cannot improve the rest of the team without having horrible seasons and picking high in the draft.

Just get Alex Smith and draft a guy with a lot of potential who needs to hold a clip board for a while.

Agreed. A much better way to go IMO. 

9 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

I think the list is pretty fair overall though . Shows that the notion that Cousins is a top 10 QB may not be the most accurate one.

i think the margin of difference in that list is small. it's not like there is this huge difference between many of them

3 hours ago, prissythecat said:

This is true. But in all honesty Jimmy G doesn't deserve to sniff their jocks.  Even the Watson one is a stretch for a rookie.  But Jimmy never looked as good as watson in his rookie season/  

3 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

My worry is you get strapped down to Cousins contract and then cannot improve the rest of the team without having horrible seasons and picking high in the draft.

Just get Alex Smith and draft a guy with a lot of potential who needs to hold a clip board for a while.

With any contract we need an out.   How many seasons would you be willing to give Kirk? 1 or 2?  If 2 $50 Mil guaranteed.  Boom done 

Alex Smith might be gotten for just one season which makes it a more reasonable choice. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is true. But in all honesty Jimmy G doesn't deserve to sniff their jocks.  Even the Watson one is a stretch for a rookie.  But Jimmy never looked as good as watson in his rookie season/  

With any contract we need an out.   How many seasons would you be willing to give Kirk? 1 or 2?  If 2 $50 Mil guaranteed.  Boom done 

Well that is the pickle isnt it?  Cousins will be in such high demand teams will give him the moon and the brinks truck.....he has been playing on franchise tags and will probably not go for that "out"

Just sign a capable vet.....and draft a guy (and bring in a real coach to groom the rook)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

and Osweiller and Tebow and Cassel and ............... ................ .............

Yes and no. Garropolo has 7 NFL starts and is 7-0. He’s been in the league 4 full seasons and has attempted 272 passes. The sample size is small but it’s not 1 game of Rob Johnson.

It may be early to say he’s in the top 10 but I’d bet that there are 10 QBs in the league that they take straight up for him. I’m guessing that Cousins will get more than Jimmy G this offseason but not a ton more. As a hypothetical say that Jimmy G and Cousins each had 1 year and $22M left on their contract. Would Washington flip Cousins straight up for Garoppolo? Would SF say yes? I would bet that SF would rather Garoppolo than Cousins all things being equal.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, ScottLaw said:

In Dennisons offense with this offensive roster? Maybe. 

Cousins is better then Tyrod, but I find it funny how soon people have forgotten Tyrod was solid the past couple years before Dennison arrived and forced a system on a QB who clearly didn't fit it. Along with a coach/GM who stripped the offense of most of its playmakers and having the worst WR corps in the league.

Solid...  Define SOLID.  You mean 30 - 31 worst pass Offense in league?