Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Why it is the same old gibberish of making excuses as to why Tyrod has had a new OC every season he has been a starter.

What I said were not excuses. Most of my points were actually facts. If that’s all you have to say to my post then take the L and move on

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Im commenting on the hire in a thread dedicated to commenting on the hire. ?

You never say what you want other than some fantastical idea that doesn't exist. All I hear is someone with his own pelts and trophies or great rankings as an NFL OC. We hired a guy with 5 Super Bowl rings and a national championship and is plenty good enough for Belichick and Saban. Nobody knows how he will do, but it is illogical to think we know everything about this hire. We might know 20% if were lucky just tp pick a number.

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

What I said were not excuses. Most of my points were actually facts. If that’s all you have to say to my post then take the L and move on

Tyrod can have the L, its the big L we have every season with Tyrod as the starter, the L that tells each OC with Tyrod to get Lost. It's the same L our new OC will get with Tyrod, why? Because there is not a OC that will ever keep a job with Tyrod under center.

Edited by xRUSHx

19 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Isn't the "pound the rock" philosophy a product of the place we play though? I might be wrong, but doesn't conventional thinking state that colder climate stadiums without a roof and swirling winds are tougher places for passing teams?

That is the typical wisdom and one understands why folks think that.  OTOH, Big Ben and Brady consistently seem to have prolific passing offenses in similar weather.

• Like (+1) 1

Daboll is probably the guy McDermott wanted all along from the minute he was hired. There was probably no way Belicheat would let Daboll leave to go an AFC east rival, so when to Bama for a year to win a national championship and now he was free to go wherever he wanted. That's probably why this decision was made so quickly. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

That is the typical wisdom and one understands why folks think that.  OTOH, Big Ben and Brady consistently seem to have prolific passing offenses in similar weather.

Yeah I don't pretend to be an expert on the matter but this seems like a logical point against my contention.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

It is a simple heuristic that in bad whether it is easier to run the ball, play defense, don't turn the ball over and have a good kicking game. If you have a HOF like Jim Kelly or the guys you mentioned you can do more. Ideally your team can do it all, because you play on the road right. But, if you don't have a great thrower, it doesn't make sense to come out throwing the ball all over the place in bad weather. Ever see Dan Fouts in the 1982 championship game? Not pretty!

14 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

it’s also possible that the Bills couldn’t get other guys to town. I mean think about it — if you’re a sought after coach why go to the Bills? We got Tyrod Taylor and as of now picks 21 and 22. There’s no guarantee to an OC that we’ll have a QB he can work with or an elite prospect. 

I don't get the sense that the Bills were shopping around. I think McDermott wanted Daboll and they got him right away. No other interviews were reported. McDermott has a history with him so maybe he just trusts Daboll can do what he needs him to on offense. Daboll unlike Dennison has had play calling duties in his career and I'm guessing that's what McDermott was primarily looking for.

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Truth is a new OC EVERY SEASON regardless of how you try to sugar coat it.

Once again if that’s all if you have to say to my post just take the L.

I gave you facts and a detailed response, and if that’s all you have to say then just please stop

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Truth is he's the QB of the team that broke the drought regardless of how you try to downplay it.

i'm still trying to wrap my head around his new OC every year comment.... lynn got promoted becuz of what he got out of taylor and the offense. how on earth does somebody spin that into pretending taylor got him canned?

rush is honestly one of the worst posters ive ever encountered. I've been off the board for a couple days and sure enough I see his ignorance right in the top thread of the page. good lord.

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Um, I’m sorry you don’t like my point but I don’t have to submit a name just to appease you. 

I can say I’m not fond of the hire just yet without having to state ‘this guy would have been better.’

it’s also possible that the Bills couldn’t get other guys to town. I mean think about it — if you’re a sought after coach why go to the Bills? We got Tyrod Taylor and as of now picks 21 and 22. There’s no guarantee to an OC that we’ll have a QB he can work with or an elite prospect. 

Kelly never had an issue throwing here. 

Shhh.  Don't look now, but during the Bills "4 Falls" and 1989, we typically rushed more than we passed (1 year I think within 10 attempts).  Not until 1994 did passing attempts clearly >> rushing attempts (the year we fell to 7-9).  Bills only had a top-5 passing offense once in those years.

You can say "you're not fond of the hire" without suggesting who you prefer, but you may come across as a Mikey  ("give it to Mikey, he hates everything"). 

IOW, without knowing who you would prefer, it's hard to place a value on your dislike.

I reserve judgement myself.  I just point out this: you're writing as though this guy was an afterthought, and better folks wouldn't come here because, QB. 

Here's a college OC making $1.2M who just unveiled a hot new QB during the college championship.  He doesn't have to go anywhere, he can stay right there and have fun.  He also has to know he'll get a limited number of future OC shots in the NFL given his past lack of success.  He's absolutely not gonna take a gig if he thinks he'll get stuck at QB again.

I expect in order to get him here, he had to understand their plans for QB and buy into them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

It is a simple heuristic that in bad whether it is easier to run the ball, play defense, don't turn the ball over and have a good kicking game. If you have a HOF like Jim Kelly or the guys you mentioned you can do more. Ideally your team can do it all, because you play on the road right. But, if you don't have a great thrower, it doesn't make sense to come out throwing the ball all over the place in bad weather. Ever see Dan Fouts in the 1982 championship game? Not pretty!

This guy said heuristic, so I'm gonna go with whatever he said. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

I gave you facts and a detailed response, and if that’s all you have to say then just please stop

he's also the same guy that pitched a fit after the colts game when taylor got the nod and swore we wouldn't win another game all year and that taylor would probably be getting bench by halftime of the home fins game.... he's not all there man. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Daboll is probably the guy McDermott wanted all along from the minute he was hired. There was probably no way Belicheat would let Daboll leave to go an AFC east rival, so when to Bama for a year to win a national championship and now he was free to go wherever he wanted. That's probably why this decision was made so quickly. 

I read there's some Wiliams & Mary connection, but when I googled them, McD was there in 1998, whereas, Daboll was there in 1997. In 1998 Daboll took a job at Michigan State. 

Am I missing something?

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Facts are a new OC EVERY SEASON that is all I need to say about it. You trying to paint a pretty picture still shows the same thing, a new OC EVERY SEASON

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Facts are a new OC EVERY SEASON that is all I need to say about it. You trying to paint a pretty picture still shows the same thing, a new OC EVERY SEASON

dude... lynn got promoted. don't act like taylor got him fired.... are you honestly that simple?

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm still trying to wrap my head around his new OC every year comment.... lynn got promoted becuz of what he got out of taylor and the offense. how on earth does somebody spin that into pretending taylor got him canned?

rush is honestly one of the worst posters ive ever encountered. I've been off the board for a couple days and sure enough I see his ignorance right in the top thread of the page. good lord.

Ya just don’t bother with him when it comes to this stuff.

I literally gave him facts to dispute everything he said and he will just come back to saying “tyrod sucks” or “they are excuses “.

When a man thinks a guy got fired because he got promoted to a head coach, that should all but tell you right there about his football knowledge.

Looks like Josh McDaniels might get fired after this year then ? 

Tom Brady is a OC killer!

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Yes, I agree.  Dan Fouts . . . man, I'm old.  I graduated high school that year.  Freezer bowl was really exceptionally cold; arctic really.  I grant you need a superior qb to go outside the standard model answer.  Seems to me we are due to get one and I am cautiously optimistic the current regime will aggressively seek to get a fella that will open up the playbook.

3 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

I read there's some Wiliams & Mary connection, but when I googled them, McD was there in 1998, whereas, Daboll was there in 1997. In 1998 Daboll took a job at Michigan State. 

Am I missing something?

McD played Safety for William & Mary in 1997.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

dude... lynn got promoted. don't act like taylor got him fired.... are you honestly that simple?

Haha, now you stank?

No matter how you sugar coat it, 

Did Tyrod have a new OC EVERY SEASON?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, I agree.  Dan Fouts . . . man, I'm old.  I graduated high school that year.  Freezer bowl was really exceptionally cold; arctic really.  I grant you need a superior qb to go outside the standard model answer.  Seems to me we are due to get one and I am cautiously optimistic the current regime will aggressively seek to get a fella that will open up the playbook.

You and me both. Unfortunately it will not be easy in this draft.

Just now, xRUSHx said:

If you want to keep talking/trashing Tyrod - why not go over to this other thread and do it.    Your buddy Crusher is over there hamming it up.     

And please quit being an ETATT.

(Every Thread About Tyrod Taylor)

P.S.   Take Ryan L. Billz with you or Jeff's Magic or whatever he calls himself now.

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Haha, now you stank?

Josh McDaniels may get fired this year ?

No matter how you sugar coat it, if he leaves, Brady got him canned because he won’t be the OC of the Pats next year?

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

If you want to keep talking/trashing Tyrod - why not go over to this other thread and do it.    Your buddy Crusher is over there hamming it up.     

P.S.   Take Ryan L. Billz with you or Jeff's Magic or whatever he calls himself now.

This is a thread about our new OC, the new OC that is Tyrods 4th so this is a thread to talk about our new OC that as of now has Tyrod as the starting QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I think the bottom line is, those defending daboll are using examples of his NFL tenure of not having having a good QB.

Tyrod is not a very good QB.

Having Tyrod as the QB for daboll falls right into that category of not giving him a good QB.

Thus, daboll should get a new QB to work with.

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Josh McDaniels may get fired this year ?

No matter how you sugar coat it, if he leaves, Brady got him canned because he won’t be the OC of the Pats next year?

So Brady had a new OC for 4 straight seasons the first 4 years of his career as a starter?

Edited by xRUSHx

9 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Haha, now you stank?

were the bills top ten in scoring? did lynn get fired? it was the effectiveness of that offense that got lynn his HC job. my god you're bad.

you realize how dumb this makes you look right? just stop. its awful. its a new low for you and I didn't think that was possible.

Edited by Stank_Nasty