GDT: Titans vs. Patriots at 8:15 PM on CBS

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't trust Bortles.  Pittsburgh was half a yard from beating them earlier this year.  They have more playoff experience and offensive firepower.

At home Pittsburgh might have a chance...on the road, no way...Roethlesberger is a much worse QB on the road

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

At home Pittsburgh might have a chance...on the road, no way...Roethlesberger is a much worse QB on the road

Any given Sunday.  Roethlisberger went 3-0 on the road as a WC team when they won the Super Bowl in 2005.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Any given Sunday.  Roethlisberger went 3-0 on the road as a WC team when they won the Super Bowl in 2005.

That was long before he was the focal point of the offense. At that time it was the running game and defense that carried them. He basically just had to not screw things up.  Completely different dynamics.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

That was long before he was the focal point of the offense. At that time it was the running game and defense that carried them. He basically just had to not screw things up.  Completely different dynamics.

Okay......home away split this year for Roethlisberger.

Home Games 300 199 66.3 2,216 7.4 69 16 8 115 38.3 27 13 94.8

Road Games 261 161 61.7 2,035 7.8 97 12 6 92 35.2 25 8 91.7

Mariota is terrible...wow he has really regressed as a player this year.

He is turning into another Tyrod. Won't pull the trigger and panics in the pocket when he shouldn't.

Edited by matter2003

Very sad that 2 bogus penalties decided this game. The soft Offensive PI on the Titans and the false start (where they Pats centre moved). In the end though the Titans are crap and seemed to fold prematurely after their big O linemen went down. Had the Titans scored on the drive they got PI on it might have been a game but since then it has been a disaster for the them. Very poor play calling by the Titans as well. Even the mighty Lebeau looks demoralized and beaten on the D side.

wow Gronk is a full 2ft taller than that chick interviewing him.

24 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Very sad that 2 bogus penalties decided this game. The soft Offensive PI on the Titans and the false start (where they Pats centre moved). In the end though the Titans are crap and seemed to fold prematurely after their big O linemen went down. Had the Titans scored on the drive they got PI on it might have been a game but since then it has been a disaster for the them. Very poor play calling by the Titans as well. Even the mighty Lebeau looks demoralized and beaten on the D side.

They decided the game? Because tennessee showed the ability to move the ball with ease. So those two penalties would have allowed tennessee to play so mich better than they did, and the patriots woyldnt have been able to do anything. 

Sure

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Bad calls, sure, but I'm not sure what game you watched where they decided them.

I hate the pats, but what's the point in just being completely biased and wrong?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

I've been telling my son this all game tonight.  So true.

Kraft owns the NFL and owns the officials of the game.   Yes they are a better team than Titans and others but just once I would like to see a game where BS calls don’t go their way or frame by frame analysis doesn’t overturn a score against them.  Only reason I will even be watching the SB with them in it is that I will be at a SB party but may spend my time at the poker table instead

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why would he challenge that catch, the !@#$ing game is over. What a !@#$ face. Why am I watching this. 

I quit watching with 1:40 seconds left in the 2nd quarter and my life is better for it. I got a solid nights sleep and am ready to take on the day.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Bad calls, sure, but I'm not sure what game you watched where they decided them.

I hate the pats, but what's the point in just being completely biased and wrong?

No My point was that the Titans are so crap that all it took was 2 bad calls (and yes they were blatantly bad) to swing this game. The simple fact is the Titans were losing 14-7 and just had a big play into Pats territory. The play was robbed from them by the bogus PI call.  They punt and the Pats are held and then the bogus offsides vs the Titans D. Pats  swung the momentum on the gut punch penalty to drive down the field and get a 3rd TD  (after another  very soft PI penalty call vs Gronk) and are up 21-7. The game is effectively over at that point. You think the low scoring Titans offense is going to come back from 14 pts down? are they going to continue to use their offensive game plan or throw that out the window and play catch up? which is EXACTLY what they did.  They panicked and the whole game plan fell apart.  What game were you watching if you actually think that those penalties weren't crucial to the outcome of the game? I hate the Pats too but that observation is neither bias or wrong.

5 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Kraft owns the NFL and owns the officials of the game.   Yes they are a better team than Titans and others but just once I would like to see a game where BS calls don’t go their way or frame by frame analysis doesn’t overturn a score against them.  Only reason I will even be watching the SB with them in it is that I will be at a SB party but may spend my time at the poker table instead

I'll be around the corner from you by the buffet.  Maybe seeing by the TV during the commercials.

13 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

How did the Titans make the playoffs, they stink.

One can only imagine most of the country felt the same way about the Bills based on our playoff game too.

John Clayton suggested our game was the worst NFL playoff QB performance (both guys) in many years.

2 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

No My point was that the Titans are so crap that all it took was 2 bad calls (and yes they were blatantly bad) to swing this game. The simple fact is the Titans were losing 14-7 and just had a big play into Pats territory. The play was robbed from them by the bogus PI call.  They punt and the Pats are held and then the bogus offsides vs the Titans D. Pats  swung the momentum on the gut punch penalty to drive down the field and get a 3rd TD  (after another  very soft PI penalty call vs Gronk) and are up 21-7. The game is effectively over at that point. You think the low scoring Titans offense is going to come back from 14 pts down? are they going to continue to use their offensive game plan or throw that out the window and play catch up? which is EXACTLY what they did.  They panicked and the whole game plan fell apart.  What game were you watching if you actually think that those penalties weren't crucial to the outcome of the game? I hate the Pats too but that observation is neither bias or wrong.

Ok the Offense PI looked like it in full speed. I think that Butler losing his balance sold it for the ref.

i can't defend the offside call they should have picked up the flag and let the play go.. but if one bad call changed the game that needed in a blowout? I don't think so...

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok the Offense PI looked like it in full speed. I think that Butler losing his balance sold it for the ref.

i can't defend the offside call they should have picked up the flag and let the play go.. but if one bad call changed the game that needed in a blowout? I don't think so...

It wasn't a blowout when the PI call on the Titans happened or the when the offside happened. However it was game changing because as I clearly pointed out the Titans abandoned the game plan after the resulting Pats TD and momentum swing. I don't think the Titans win this game anyway but whatever chance they had starts to evaporate quickly right at that point due to the refs feeling the need to get overly involved in the game.  I'd  much rather the refs call less and put the flags away than have them influence the outcome with marginal, bad or phantom calls.

31 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

It wasn't a blowout when the PI call on the Titans happened or the when the offside happened. However it was game changing because as I clearly pointed out the Titans abandoned the game plan after the resulting Pats TD and momentum swing. I don't think the Titans win this game anyway but whatever chance they had starts to evaporate quickly right at that point due to the refs feeling the need to get overly involved in the game.  I'd  much rather the refs call less and put the flags away than have them influence the outcome with marginal, bad or phantom calls.

Again in real time the PI looked legit. Also they didn't abandon their game plan the second half, it just stopped working and well their QB was under pressure all second half. Also their D could never stop the Pats O.

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Again in real time the PI looked legit. Also they didn't abandon their game plan the second half, it just stopped working and well their QB was under pressure all second half. Also their D could never stop the Pats O.

They were down 14 pts they had to get back in the game quick before the half. They started passing more and running less. With each series their playcalling became more desperate and more poorly thought out. The last Jags series of the half was indicative of this.  Hurried poor decisions by coaches and players. The last thing that the Titans wanted to do was to have Mariota win the game for them by passing because of his penchant for taking sacks. This is exactly what transpired. There's no way this was their original game plan.