Vea or Hurst?

CDogg20

Vea or Hurst?   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you rather the Bills draft?

• Vita Vea
    • Maurice Hurst

34 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

The only DTs I see with NFL potential are....

Da’Ron Payne - All around stud little

weakness, not as quick  

as Bryan, but does it all.

Taven Bryan - Pass rush, Quick off the 

Ball, penetrates, strong

hands, arm length a 

plus.

Both can split double teams.

Not overly impressed by Vita Vea, Hurst or Wilkins.

Vita is mainly a hold your ground take on double teams, limited pass rush, sometimes in games is never seen.

Hurst is undersized, decent get off, limited pass rush and struggles for the most part with double teams.

Wilkins I feel is a more compact Alophus Washington. Little more stout but just doesn’t pop off. 

Hey I like Payne a lot even though his stats don't show much but I think he's being undersold in light of guys like Vita.  I'm a Payne fan.

Both.

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Vea is not a "3-TECH" DT so does not fit the system. Sorry folks. Hurst, Wilkins and Nnadi are players that fit the defense. Wilkins is a junior from Clemson, and Bills have bad luck with Clemson players, Nnadi is a senior and fits the system.

They need a "1-TECH" more than a "3-TECH" especially if they keep Kyle.

21 minutes ago, Lofton80 said:

Payne is better than both

Bills won’t have a chance at Payne. He comes off the board early, pick 10 give or take. Bryan comes off around 15 give or take. Vita, Wilkins will be next 18-25 range and Hurst shortly after.

If the Bills we’re picking 12th, the question could be Payne or Bryan.

Fans may disagree with Taven, but after the combine, and seeing this 6’5 300+ kid workout, he’ll move way up teams boards.

Just now, NewEraBills said:

Still going to need a 3 tech too.  Kyle is old in football years.  Not sure I would want to have him at full time duty.

I agree but they were playing Lawson at 3Tech in their pass rush packages. They like 4 ends at times so they need longer ends and a 1tech more than a 3tech. JMO.

I like them both.  Hurst is ferocious.  Vea is massive.  

I'd pick Vea because 1) he's Ted Washington 3.0 and 2) his presence on the line can make the linebacker corps an elite unit without elite individual talent.  

I think Hurst needs a legitimate nose tackle body next to him to be elite.  

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't think he will drop to us but Vita Vea would kill Tom Brady. He may not get a ton of sacks but he will kill the oppositions running game and destroy the place where Brady and Bree's like to step into to throw perfect strikes. Vita is a no brainer but I doubt he makes it to us.

Has he killed any QB's on the college level?

1 hour ago, sjjr said:

Vea would fit great as a run stuffer in this defense.  The LBs need guys like him to fly around and make plays.  Vea has enough athleticism to be a pass rush threat too.  Would be a top 10 pick if not a NT.

The problem is, we actually need 2-3 linebackers who CAN fly around and make plays...so, besides Milano, where are we getting those?

We rebuilt the entire secondary last offseason, I'd like to do the same this offseason with our group of linebackers.

I want a legitimate stud LB, a 1st or 2nd round beast to put in the front-7...too bad Roquan Smith wouldn't fall far enough, he's the only real stud that fits.

Hurst is excellent at getting to the QB, some poster said he was only 270 but he's listed at 282 lbs. on his college bio page which is still under weight by quite a bit, he'd have to add 20 lbs to his frame, will he have the same burst at 300 lbs.? That's a risky 1st round pick. Like another poster wrote about Vea, he's strictly a NT in a 3 tech. so he doesn't fit in with what were doing here but he's better than Danny Shelton and will be a steal for a team in the mid to late 1st or early 2nd round. I think Christian Wilkins will be long gone by the time our pick is up. I'd be more inclined to take Dre'Mont Jones- Ohio State, Trenton Thompson- Georgia or Derrick Nadi of Florida State in the 2nd round.

Can Vea play the 3?  Everything I’ve been reading says he’s a pure NT.  Hurst seems like the better scheme fit but Vea is a monster of a man and the better run stuffer so he gets the votes?

can someone with knowledge explain why he IS a fit in our scheme?  Don’t just answer with, he’s good run stuffer and we need help stopping the run.  I realize that. With regards to fits, how does he work in this scheme?

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Can Vea play the 3?  Everything I’ve been reading says he’s a pure NT.  Hurst seems like the better scheme fit but Vea is a monster of a man and the better run stuffer so he gets the votes?

can someone with knowledge explain why he IS a fit in our scheme?  Don’t just answer with, he’s good run stuffer and we need help stopping the run.  I realize that. With regards to fits, how does he work in this scheme?

When you are talking 1 tech and 3 tech both of them fit.  Hurst is a 3 tech only in our defense.  And honestly, this is where Aldophus Washington should play ONLY.  When we traded Dareus the biggest issue and part of the reason we gave up a lot of yards IMO is because we did not have a true 1 tech who could anchor inside.  So we got gashed.  The playoff game was a gamble.  We had our linebackers selling out every play because of this.  The jags had so many guys open on play action.  Bortles just either missed them or had bad throws.  That game could have been ugly for us if Bortles was accurate.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Mike Mayock on a website broke down some of Vita Vea and basically said he's an ox in the middle...incredibly strong.

He showed a few plays where Vea just moved a 300+ lineman out of the way like the guy was a rag doll.  It wasn't a full body, get under the pads push....he just grabbed him and threw him.  

imagine what he could do with some NFL line training/coaching.  Esp. from K. Williams.  

• Like (+1) 1