Mahomes the next Drew Brees ?

out

6 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Mahomes is in a good place to have success but the guy hasn't played much, his one game was fairly decent against a team that was beaten down at the last game of the season. So I honestly have no clue how good or bad he will be, but I think the Chiefs will be putting Mahomes in a good spot to have success. Andy Reid is an offensive guru, they let him learn from Alex Smith an established veteran for a year, Hunt, Kelce, and Hill are dynamic weapons and their O-line isn't in a bad spot. 

I remember Rob Johnson did something similar once too.

We'll see

15 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Was absolutely not a mistake. Beane knows the importance of a franchise QB. Unfortunately for Mahomes the Panthers, where Beane was employed at the time of the draft already had Cam Newton. 

Plus I think Gettleman ran the draft. Not sure on that one.

For further information you can try this site.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/forum/7-carolina-panthers

And maybe not his first mistake... Probably dumped a hot girlfriend in college or somthing.... 

59 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Mahomes is a great prospect, but not sure Brees is a valid comparison.

If anything a lot of experts (including myself) compare NP to Brees in terms of skill set. Also like NP, Brees  major knock coming out of college was arm strength and think that turned out just fine.

Now if Peterman has shoulder surgery , like Brees did,  you won't be able to tell the 2 of them apart.

There's a Pat Mahomes in every draft. This year it's Josh Allen. Mahomes is probably the best of that type of prospect to come out in years, but he's ultimately just another cannon arm with poor mechanics. He's a long shot to make it as a long term starter.

23 hours ago, tenderland said:

Was not drafting Mahomes the first big mistake made by Beane?

It probably was a mistake b/c if he picked Mahomes instead of McCaffrey, they may have taken Alvin Kamara in Round 2.    The Panthers would have a better version of a McCaffrey style RB, could still be playing in the playoffs and would have a great bargaining chip with Mahomes on the roster.    But it is  tough to use a top 10 pick on a QB when you already have a highly paid franchise  QB with Newton and I don't think Beane had final say in Panthers draft. 

It would definitely have impacted the Bills b/c the Chiefs would likely not have made the trade up unless they went for D. Watson

17 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Mahomes is a great prospect, but not sure Brees is a valid comparison.

If anything a lot of experts (including myself) compare NP to Brees in terms of skill set. Also like NP, Brees  major knock coming out of college was arm strength and think that turned out just fine.

Say what?    The Peterman crusade has to stop.   Its even worse than the EJ crusade  by BF4E .  EJ at least had some decent games when he was a rookie.  Can't say the same about Peterman.