Panthers Fire OC Mike Shula and QB Coach Ken Dorsey - Hiring Norv Turner as Next OC

I'd love to have Dorsey. 

And I'd take Shula, too.

You have the leagues best athlete and he can't win. You have to be a hell of a coach to win with that incompetent, petulant child of a QB.

I don't see any OC of status wanting to go there.  Cam's a nimcom!@#$ingpoop

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'd love to have Dorsey. 

And I'd take Shula, too.

You have the leagues best athlete and he can't win. You have to be a hell of a coach to win with that incompetent, petulant child of a QB.

I don't see any OC of status wanting to go there.  Cam's a nimcom!@#$ingpoop

But didnt you know that Cam threw for 4000 yards as a rookie? Lol

But seriously,  the Panthers have an athlete masquerading as a QB.   Except for the anomaly of the 2015 season,  Cam has only put up average QB numbers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

CHARLOTTE -- Panthers offensive coordinator Mike Shula and quarterbacks coach Ken Dorsey have been relieved of their duties.

Shula spent the past seven seasons with Carolina, working as quarterbacks coach for two seasons before becoming offensive coordinator in 2013.

In 2017, Carolina finished 19th in total offense (323.7), fourth in rushing offense (131.4), 28th in passing (192.3) and 12th in points (22.7).

A veteran of 30 years of coaching, including 26 as an NFL assistant and four as head coach at the University of Alabama from 2003-06, Shula joined the Panthers after four seasons as quarterbacks coach for Jacksonville from 2007-10. His previous stops as an NFL assistant include Tampa Bay (1988-90, 1996-99), Miami (1991-92, 2000-02) and Chicago (1993-95).

Dorsey served as quarterbacks coach for the past five seasons following two years as a pro scout for Carolina. A former record-setting quarterback at the University of Miami (Fla.), Dorsey played six seasons in the NFL from 2003-08 before finishing his playing career in the CFL in 2010.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

CHARLOTTE -- Panthers offensive coordinator Mike Shula and quarterbacks coach Ken Dorsey have been relieved of their duties.

Shula spent the past seven seasons with Carolina, working as quarterbacks coach for two seasons before becoming offensive coordinator in 2013.

In 2017, Carolina finished 19th in total offense (323.7), fourth in rushing offense (131.4), 28th in passing (192.3) and 12th in points (22.7).

A veteran of 30 years of coaching, including 26 as an NFL assistant and four as head coach at the University of Alabama from 2003-06, Shula joined the Panthers after four seasons as quarterbacks coach for Jacksonville from 2007-10. His previous stops as an NFL assistant include Tampa Bay (1988-90, 1996-99), Miami (1991-92, 2000-02) and Chicago (1993-95).

Dorsey served as quarterbacks coach for the past five seasons following two years as a pro scout for Carolina. A former record-setting quarterback at the University of Miami (Fla.), Dorsey played six seasons in the NFL from 2003-08 before finishing his playing career in the CFL in 2010.

We don't need him we already thrive in this stat .