Panthers Fire OC Mike Shula and QB Coach Ken Dorsey - Hiring Norv Turner as Next OC

41 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Dude. It's the name of their county!  I had to ask someone. They were the in pisser several times and they'd do it. Each time I did the hey hey hey. ... We would drown them out.  

I would chat cryyyyyystaaaaal meeeeeeth the same way and other ****.  I said their state is the limp dick of the country.  Luckily we had bills fans in front and behind us. Closest was in front of DrD like 5 people next of me in front and 3 rows behind.

A mid 20s couple with a 2 year old that was adorable was beside us until halftime. That was cute. 

I had heard that season ticket holders we're allowed to purchase 5 extra tickets per seat and that's why the secondary markets we're flooded and bills fans had to pay so much. It was extortion.

I know and it’s the most annoying thing on earth! I never want to hear the stupid thing duvallll thing again and hope the Stillers pile drive their sorry team on Sunday. 

All of duvallll should be donating to Tyrod’s charity right now for keeping them in the playoffs 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I posted this elsewhere, but here is where I see the opportunity. Unless we get my fantasy of trading a bevy of draft picks for Andrew Luck, here is my reasonable prediction of what happens.

1) Dorsey gets hired as our OC

2) Taylor is retained

3) The McBeane duo selects a rookie to be "their guy", and moved heaven and Earth to get him.

4) Open competition in TC. Likely Taylor holds it down, but if not, some team has had a QB emergency, and they can at least clear the books for a token pick.

5) At some point within the season, the rookie takes over

6) Taylor is off the books in 2019, with our dead money rolling over to bid on a new crop of FAs

Does that compromise piss off all the fanboys equally, while most of us nodded our heads?

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know and it’s the most annoying thing on earth! I never want to hear the stupid thing duvallll thing again and hope the Stillers pile drive their sorry team on Sunday. 

All of duvallll should be donating to Tyrod’s charity right now for keeping them in the playoffs 

If I had to bet on and upset I think it will be this weekend with the Jaguars. I think they can give Roethlisberger a big enough headache the way they play their coverage defense to win an exploit yet again another series of turnovers.  Twice the fact that they won't mess up on defense near as much as the Steelers will which are overrated

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

If I had to bet on and upset I think it will be this weekend with the Jaguars. I think they can give Roethlisberger a big enough headache the way they play their coverage defense to win an exploit yet again another series of turnovers.  Twice the fact that they won't mess up on defense near as much as the Steelers will which are overrated

The Steelers are 1-7 vs the Jags at the big ketchup bottle. Hate both teams but want Jags to lose big.

Shula is better than Dennison.

If you share Boyst’s opinion of Cam he took a terrible QB and turned him into a league MVP with a fairly crappy set of receivers.

He can set up a run game and stay committed to it and he has a nice screen game also.

I wouldn’t be opposed to hiring him.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Rivera is next, Newton no longer a panther in 2020. Watch. 

I thought Rivera was on a very hot - hot seat a few years back right before they made the Superbowl run?   Wasn't he about to get fired then?

Maybe this whole time they should have just fired Rivera and kept the rest?

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I thought Rivera was on a very hot - hot seat a few years back right before they made the Superbowl run?   Wasn't he about to get fired then?

New ownership and temp. GM. It is going to be an interesting offseason for the Panthers.

Cammay already be past his prima and has taken a beating. This may be the reason Shula is available

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I'd love to have Dorsey. 

And I'd take Shula, too.

You have the leagues best athlete and he can't win. You have to be a hell of a coach to win with that incompetent, petulant child of a QB.

I don't see any OC of status wanting to go there.  Cam's a nimcom!@#$ingpoop

I agree, Cam will go through more OC's than Jay Cutler when it's all said and done. Cam is like a bigger version of Taylor with slightly better passing abilitiy. Cam's field vision is poor and he also gets confused when the defense shows him different looks. I feel bad for any OC that goes to Carolina.

3 hours ago, PolishDave said:

yes, he was.

essentially he was conservative and entirely defensively minded and coached a lot like Jauron did.  then he took a few gambles when he was desperate similar to wayne fontes and it paid off and they won.  in his press conference he called himself riverboat ron.  since then he has frequently done these gambles of going for it on 4th and long or other such things and it's generally befuddling but... he has success some times because when you have the athlete that newton is it some times pays off, especially with olsen too.

rivera is great at keeping everyone in check but it may be too much.  the last two off seasons there has been a lot of fights in practice.  i knew last year was not going to be a repeat because the fighting was insane and they had just sent norman packing because he was one of the only ones who clowned on newton in pratice and he didn't buy his ****.  reports would come out often that on some days norman would pick off up to 10 passes from newton in practice during training camp and such.

the biggest issue is newton would occasionally do the keeps that he does in games and run hard at the defense who could not hit him because he was the qb.  he would clown the defense and mock them, dance -- essentially what he does in games but to his own teammates on defense.  ever notice in games how little the defense has to do with him???  there ya go.

rivera has done well at keeping newton at bay as a greater issue to the team and has done well with those around them but next year after another implosion season and a soft ass schedule where if they make the playoffs they'll be exposed:

@ Phili

@ Redskins

@ Lions

@ Browns

@ Steelers

Home:

Ravens

Bengals

Seahawks

Cowboys

Giants

I could easily see next year them counting wins against teams they have no business counting them again but it will be another soft schedule with only Phili, Pitt, Atlanta and New Orleans challenging them.  They'll avoid the contenders, but I do think Detroit may have a very good year.

Seattle won't do **** next year unless they find a Kamara.  Carolina will make the playoffs with about 6 losses and it'll be a joke.

the AFC South some how gets luck

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif

i was ready to punch the next person in the face that went around screaming it.

imagine 18 yr old bills mafia meth heads running around screaming that after the game?

it was like joe dirt celebrating the first time he would get to 2nd place.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I'd love to have Dorsey. 

And I'd take Shula, too.

You have the leagues best athlete and he can't win. You have to be a hell of a coach to win with that incompetent, petulant child of a QB.

I don't see any OC of status wanting to go there.  Cam's a nimcom!@#$ingpoop

Personal biases of yours block sound judgments.

The guy did not get drafted where he was, even with all the controversy around him, and no one would want to work with him.

He's a league MVP, and went to a Superbowl a couple of years ago with nothing around him.

You're delusional in either your judgment of Cam, or how coaches in the NFL think that anyone at that position who has shown a single flash of potential stick around in the league forever.

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Personal biases of yours block sound judgments.

The guy did not get drafted where he was, even with all the controversy around him, and no one would want to work with him.

He's a league MVP, and went to a Superbowl a couple of years ago with nothing around him.

You're delusional in either your judgment of Cam, or how coaches in the NFL think that anyone at that position who has shown a single flash of potential stick around in the league forever.

Cam is an overconfident loser.    Nowhere near as good as people make him out to be.   Flashes of excellence and flashes of complete fecal stank.