Panthers Fire OC Mike Shula and QB Coach Ken Dorsey - Hiring Norv Turner as Next OC

8 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

So now there's another team looking for an OC.  If the Bills plan on moving on from Dennison, they need to do it soon.

Or they really need to publically start talking up Dennison and saying how great he is hoping one of the teams looking get fooled and steal him away....

Edited by apuszczalowski

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Not Shula's fault that they WAYYYY overdrafted McCaffrey.   But, is Shula's fault for running him up the middle continually.  

I want a creative OC who can tailor his approach to the players we have/will have.  We need to find a Kamara type next draft.  Having Shady and another great RB would be a huge help to whoever is the next QB.  

Should have used him like Reggie Bush when he first came into the league the Saints.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Just now, Bangarang said:

Nope, we interviewed him. Although it was never specified if it was for OC or QB coach.

Ah, fair enough. Really wasn't sure. Was it Wilkes that got blocked then?

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Should have used him like Reggie Bush when he first came into the league the Saints.

Ya as of right now reminds of Reggie Bush type player. But coaching could of hurt. As well in a way it was a poor season for Cam Newton.

Panthers forum they are like celebrating like a Super Bowl win when fired Shula.

44 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Panther's fans are rejoicing that Shula is gone. I don't want him. Dorsey is intriguing. 

Panthers fans are the stupidest collective of football fans in the league. 

Don't let that be your gauge. 

I have a funny feeling about Newton. I don't think he is their QB in a few yrs. I think Rivera is gone next year.  He will never win them a ring. He is the McNabb or Marino of the current era.

The best athlete in the league hands down but he can't win as A QB.

As far as Dorsey, remember 3 seasons ago he was being called a QB whisperer. He came in and replaced took the job our QB coach had and Newton spoke highly of him.  He was going to be an OC soon. He was beloved. He was creative. He could communicate with moronewton

Shula was in a position much like Hacket or Anthony Lynn. Had a few great pieces but nothing else. He isn't Gailey by any means but he is good enough he will get back to being an OC. And a HC soon enough.

I really like them and watched 90% of the Panthers games/seasons.

Newton was terrible this year.  And I'll just be told I'm a Newton hater.

29 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Not Shula's fault that they WAYYYY overdrafted McCaffrey.   But, is Shula's fault for running him up the middle continually.  

I want a creative OC who can tailor his approach to the players we have/will have.  We need to find a Kamara type next draft.  Having Shady and another great RB would be a huge help to whoever is the next QB.  

They ran up the middle because they couldn't run outside due to poor OL pulling.  And Newton has been so Rocky and up and down this season that they can't rely on him to win games anymore.

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Panthers fans are the stupidest collective of football fans in the league. 

Don't let that be your gauge. 

I have a funny feeling about Newton. I don't think he is their QB in a few yrs. I think Rivera is gone next year.  He will never win them a ring. He is the McNabb or Marino of the current era.

The best athlete in the league hands down but he can't win as A QB.

As far as Dorsey, remember 3 seasons ago he was being called a QB whisperer. He came in and replaced took the job our QB coach had and Newton spoke highly of him.  He was going to be an OC soon. He was beloved. He was creative. He could communicate with moronewton

Shula was in a position much like Hacket or Anthony Lynn. Had a few great pieces but nothing else. He isn't Gailey by any means but he is good enough he will get back to being an OC. And a HC soon enough.

I really like them and watched 90% of the Panthers games/seasons.

Newton was terrible this year.  And I'll just be told I'm a Newton hater.

Newton hater.

53 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

But didnt you know that Cam threw for 4000 yards as a rookie? Lol

But seriously,  the Panthers have an athlete masquerading as a QB.   Except for the anomaly of the 2015 season,  Cam has only put up average QB numbers

I'm no Cam fan but he is avg 4200 yards and 30+ TDs per year. I'd say that is way more than avg.

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He wasn't ready yet and we stuck with someone who had experience. Dorsey first two years working with Newton are when we saw the biggest jumps in his play. That was after former cosch Mike Shula got promoted to OC. 

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Newton hater.

Go back to duuuuuuuvalllll

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you had to chose one...which one?  Dorsey or Shula?

Dorsey as offensive assistant, Shula as qb coach

Hmm. Pretty strange.

i get Carolina had problems on offence this year, but what do you expect when your star tight end is out the majority of the year, you trade your number one receiver, and then your young talented receiver in Samuel goes down.

Carolinas offence was not the reason they are out of the playoffs as they played well in that Saints game. (Red zone offence hurt them mind you)

Drew Brees is the main reason Carolina didn’t advance to the 2nd round.