Panthers Fire OC Mike Shula and QB Coach Ken Dorsey - Hiring Norv Turner as Next OC

On 09/01/2018 at 1:50 PM, prissythecat said:

But didnt you know that Cam threw for 4000 yards as a rookie? Lol

But seriously,  the Panthers have an athlete masquerading as a QB.   Except for the anomaly of the 2015 season,  Cam has only put up average QB numbers

But when you account for his rushing numbers, and the total tds that he has accounted for (rushing and pass tds) the insistence that he is average completely falls apart.

1 hour ago, MURPHD6 said:

But when you account for his rushing numbers, and the total tds that he has accounted for (rushing and pass tds) the insistence that he is average completely falls apart.

I ll certainly give him credit for his rushing output.  But really thats not a QB's job.     I will take a QB that can stand in pocket and read a defense and accurately place a ball any day.    Pretty sure that is not Cam's strong suit .  Nor will it ever be.

4 hours ago, prissythecat said:

I ll certainly give him credit for his rushing output.  But really thats not a QB's job.     I will take a QB that can stand in pocket and read a defense and accurately place a ball any day.    Pretty sure that is not Cam's strong suit .  Nor will it ever be.

No it is part of a QBs job, some are better at it than others.  Some are statues. Jimbo is listed as #14 by the way.

Examples of QBs with wheels in Hall of Fame (and Moon had serious wheels but not as many years as others):

Player R Yds ▼
Steve Young 4239
Fran Tarkenton 3674
John Elway 3407
Bobby Layne 2451
Roger Staubach 2264
Terry Bradshaw 2257
Brett Favre 1844
Johnny Unitas 1777
Warren Moon 1736
Joe Montana 1676
Edited by Limeaid
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Limeaid said:

No it is part of a QBs job, some are better at it than others.  Some are statues. Jimbo is listed as #14 by the way.

Examples of QBs with wheels in Hall of Fame (and Moon had serious wheels but not as many years as others):

Player R Yds ▼
Steve Young 4239
Fran Tarkenton 3674
John Elway 3407
Bobby Layne 2451
Roger Staubach 2264
Terry Bradshaw 2257
Brett Favre 1844
Johnny Unitas 1777
Warren Moon 1736
Joe Montana 1676

All those guys were also considered to be good to great passers during their time right?  Rushing was an added dimension to their game ,  not the other way around.