Tre White Not a ROY Candidate

Jasovon

11 hours ago, GreggTX said:

ROY is a popularity contest. This means nothing. PFF actually measures results and they gave him the highest grade. I'll take PFF ROY over a popularity vote any day.

Again this is just the Pepsi ROY anyway. It’s based on their weekly fan vote on NFLN.com. The AP DROY is awarded 2/3 and i don’t see the candidates announced yet. 

I'm not on twitter but couldn't Bills fans start a write in campaign?  It would at least garner some attention for him.

That said this is less than nothing.  The Pepsi roty is not some amazing prestigious award.  It appears to be a "hey I've heard of him" or "he did well for me in fantasy" award.

This is embarrasing for NFL to not include Tre in their ROY consideration, however,........this is awesome for Bills.

Tre plays with another chip on his shoulders and it might keep his value down when his contract is up.

Remember Reuben Brown and John Fina always getting picked for Pro Bowl based on reputation.........and resulting in driving up their contract demands much higher than their actual talent level.

I wonder if Tolberts salary demands will skyrocket now that he has been named to Pro Powl.??

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

The lack of love Tre’Davious gets nationally is a shame. He did just lead tje buffalo bills to the playoffs in his first year and was shutdown the majority of the time.  He deserves more love. He might be the highest aid cb in the league in 5 years.  He’s the RoY in my book

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 5:44 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Ah, that’s the Pepsi Rookie of the Year. It’s annual nominees are driven by their weekly award.

There is an AP OROY and AP DROY that they present the night before the SB at the NFL Honors ceremony. They usually invite 2 or 3 finalists for each and present it that night. I don’t see those nominees yet but could have missed it.

Christ.   Who cares about a bogus thing like Pepsi ROY.   Are we going to have a Puppy Bowl thread that somehow slags the Bills as well?.

Yolo, as you point out, the AP awards are the ones that are relevant.   If White's not among those, then let the @*&!^ begin...

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Huh?   The AP ROY honors event is Saturday night in Minneapolis (9 p.m. EST, NBC)

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Christ.   Who cares about a bogus thing like Pepsi ROY.   Are we going to have a Puppy Bowl thread that somehow slags the Bills as well?.

Yolo, as you point out, the AP awards are the ones that are relevant.   If White's not among those, then let the @*&!^ begin...

Huh?   The AP ROY honors event is Saturday night in Minneapolis (9 p.m. EST, NBC)

Thats the AP DROY for which he is one of 3 nominees. Kamara won the Pepsi ROY

20 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

As much as i wanna agree with you jersey breh, i cant. 

Lattimore played less games and had more picks. 

He shouldve got nomonated for sure but Lat had the better year significantly. 

Where do people get this notion that picks mark quality in corners?

Good corners aren't thrown to but they can catch. And that's a residual effect from Gilmore. He can't catch but he was good, when he got the chance for an INT he never caught it.

If Gilmore could have caught the ball be should have than he would be thought of much differently

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Where do people get this notion that picks mark quality in corners?

Good corners aren't thrown to but they can catch. And that's a residual effect from Gilmore. He can't catch but he was good, when he got the chance for an INT he never caught it.

If Gilmore could have caught the ball be should have than he would be thought of much differently

Isn't Gilmore the main reason the Patriots* are playing tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Isn't Gilmore the main reason the Patriots* are playing tomorrow?

of course.  the way i read it (didn't watch the past few games and i won't watch tomorrow) he sealed the game.

but, to many here he still sucks and he still is not good at catchign the ball

Just now, Boyst62 said:

of course.  the way i read it (didn't watch the past few games and i won't watch tomorrow) he sealed the game.

but, to many here he still sucks and he still is not good at catchign the ball

If his job was to catch the ball, wouldn't he be a wide receiver?

Just now, Gugny said:

If his job was to catch the ball, wouldn't he be a wide receiver?

well, yes.  obviously.

i need to find an article from 6-8 years ago talking about the best athletes now playing cornerback.  gilmore is not a premier athlete but he is incredibly good to elite and highly skilled to bring him to a level that people do not appreciate.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/6/14/4308770/the-evolution-of-the-cornerback-position-and-the-passing-game-the

https://www.si.com/2014/03/19/nfl-free-agency-safety-position-evolution

i really liked the second one and sourced it years ago when breaking down whats going on with our defense and why we sucked.  what good safeties provide is far better than what great cornerbacks contribute.  but the game is changing still to the ultra pass league = cornerbacks are important.

a good safety, though, is still better IMO than a great cornerback.

jeesh, remember when i actually contirbuted to this site with in depth stuff?  my gosh, i wish i could get back to it but the board is now worried if taylor wears glasses and if peterman is going to be our future/...yikes.

• Like (+1) 1