Tre White Not a ROY Candidate

Jasovon

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Ah, that’s the Pepsi Rookie of the Year. It’s annual nominees are driven by their weekly award.

There is an AP OROY and AP DROY that they present the night before the SB at the NFL Honors ceremony. They usually invite 2 or 3 finalists for each and present it that night.

ah fair enough, there are so many i struggle to keep track. Still sucks Tre isn't on there though

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

ah fair enough, there are so many i struggle to keep track. Still sucks Tre isn't on there though

Yes there are a ton. Pro Football Weekly is another, which I think Kiko won in 2013.

i don’t remember Tre ever winning (or being nominated for) that Pepsi ROW -so not surprised he’s not on that ballot.

Edited by YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That’s fine - one less negotiation point in his second contract.

The NFL is a joke though - you start to wonder if it’s being run by the Russian mob.

No it is not fine if he does not get some love.

Kid has played his arse off , and has fine stats.

a nod would be the right thing to do

15 minutes ago, section122 said:

It is a billion dollar industry.  I won't say Russian mob but to believe it is entirely on the up and up would be naive at best.  Putin still have Kraft's ring?

he loaned it to trump

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

OROY will be Kamara and DROY will be Lattimore.

The NOS had a great draft!

tis true enough.

How is Lattimore on there but White isn't?

They're both CB's, and their stats are extremely similar.

Lattimore                      White

-52 Tackles                  -69 Tackles 

-1 Forced Fumbles     -1 Forced Fumble

-0 Fumbles Rec.          -2 Fumbles Rec.

-5 Interceptions           -4 Interceptions

-18 Pass Def.               -18 Pass Def.

-1 TD                             -1 TD

Ok so what makes Lattimore worthy of a nomination but not White?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

How is Lattimore on there but White isn't?

They're both CB's, and their stats are extremely similar.

Lattimore                      White

-52 Tackles                  -69 Tackles 

-1 Forced Fumbles     -1 Forced Fumble

-0 Fumbles Rec.          -2 Fumbles Rec.

-5 Interceptions           -4 Interceptions

-18 Pass Def.               -18 Pass Def.

-1 TD                             -1 TD

Ok so what makes Lattimore worthy of a nomination but not White?

Well you also have to look at snap count. Lattimore played in nearly 4 less games. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Well you also have to look at snap count. Lattimore played in nearly 4 less games. 

shouldn't that be a negative when considering. Being available should be pretty high on the list of factors ?

and He should just get in for his dancing anyways.

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

shouldn't that be a negative when considering. Being available should be pretty high on the list of factors ?

and He should just get in for his dancing anyways.

Actually I would consider availablility a positive but when comparing stats like that, Lattimore did all that in 4 less games. Doesn’t really make Whites stats stand out.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Fair point, but on the opposite end I could argue Lattimore was in a better situation for stats as the Saints were putting the hurt on people and forcing opponents to pass to play catch up. 

The Bills let people run on over them, and never really put anyone away to where they'd have to ditch the run game and focus solely on passing. Lattimore got more picks just by virtue of teams having to play catchup all the time. Buffalo was ranked 29th in rush defense, so opponents never had to throw much against us, while the Saints were ranked 16th. 

Not sure how much of a factor any of that is, and I acknowledge Lattimore is good (and deserving), but I think considering the circumstances White had working against him proved he's equally as capable.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Lattimore's impact on the Saints' D goes far beyond the numbers.  He dramatically changes the way they play coverage.  Both he and White are fine players.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Lattimore's impact on the Saints' D goes far beyond the numbers.  He dramatically changes the way they play coverage.  Both he and White are fine players.

Oh I definitely agree, just was saying if you are going to bring numbers to the table, Lattimore got his numbers in less games and less snaps.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So he didn't even make the list from this weekend?

And Cam threw all over the place (like a lot of teams end up having to do against the Saints), so he had more opportunities to make plays than White.

Again, not saying Lattimore isn't deserving, I'm just saying I don't see White as far beneath him.

Edited by BigDingus

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

So he didn't even make the list from this weekend?

And Cam threw all over the place (like a lot of teams end up having to do against the Saints), so he had more opportunities to make plays than White.

Again, not saying Lattimore isn't deserving, I'm just saying I don't see White as far beneath him.

No one should. 

...how can he NOT be a DROY candidate?......what the hell happened from Nov. 2017 when the evaluations were made (see below) versus now?

• NFL.com
  • Published: Nov. 1, 2017 at 01:46 p.m.
  • Updated: Nov. 5, 2017 at 09:37 a.m.

DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Gil Brandt: Tre'Davious White, CB, Buffalo Bills. White has allowed just 48.9 percent of passes against him to be completed -- that's phenomenal. He has 12 pass breakups, 26 tackles and a pick.

Steve Wyche: White. He is making plays and getting better. With the Bills likely in the hunt, he'll be put on the spot.

Adam Rank: White. Looks like we have another shutdown corner in the NFL. He absolutely ghosted Amari Cooper on Sunday (right after the Raiders receiver had the game of his life).