Tre White Not a ROY Candidate

Jasovon

Just now, Boyst62 said:

well, yes.  obviously.

i need to find an article from 6-8 years ago talking about the best athletes now playing cornerback.  gilmore is not a premier athlete but he is incredibly good to elite and highly skilled to bring him to a level that people do not appreciate.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/6/14/4308770/the-evolution-of-the-cornerback-position-and-the-passing-game-the

https://www.si.com/2014/03/19/nfl-free-agency-safety-position-evolution

i really liked the second one and sourced it years ago when breaking down whats going on with our defense and why we sucked.  what good safeties provide is far better than what great cornerbacks contribute.  but the game is changing still to the ultra pass league = cornerbacks are important.

a good safety, though, is still better IMO than a great cornerback.

jeesh, remember when i actually contirbuted to this site with in depth stuff?  my gosh, i wish i could get back to it but the board is now worried if taylor wears glasses and if peterman is going to be our future/...yikes.

Make the board great again, Boyst

Just now, Boyst62 said:

well, yes.  obviously.

i need to find an article from 6-8 years ago talking about the best athletes now playing cornerback.  gilmore is not a premier athlete but he is incredibly good to elite and highly skilled to bring him to a level that people do not appreciate.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/6/14/4308770/the-evolution-of-the-cornerback-position-and-the-passing-game-the

https://www.si.com/2014/03/19/nfl-free-agency-safety-position-evolution

i really liked the second one and sourced it years ago when breaking down whats going on with our defense and why we sucked.  what good safeties provide is far better than what great cornerbacks contribute.  but the game is changing still to the ultra pass league = cornerbacks are important.

a good safety, though, is still better IMO than a great cornerback.

jeesh, remember when i actually contirbuted to this site with in depth stuff?  my gosh, i wish i could get back to it but the board is now worried if taylor wears glasses and if peterman is going to be our future/...yikes.

So you're saying that Zay Jones should be a CB?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

So you're saying that Zay Jones should be a CB?

Taylors backup, actually.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Make the board great again, Boyst

i'd build a wall fast as ****.

buildawall.jpg

i'm guilty of reacting to plenty of idiots here and whilst i'm amongst them, they get a bit silly and i seldom attack first.  been working on it though, the power of prayer helps.  "lord baby jesus, remove these nincompoops who don't fit in."  it's helping.

17 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Where do people get this notion that picks mark quality in corners?

Good corners aren't thrown to but they can catch. And that's a residual effect from Gilmore. He can't catch but he was good, when he got the chance for an INT he never caught it.

If Gilmore could have caught the ball be should have than he would be thought of much differently

Lattimore contributed more in a shorter amount of time.

Picks are important. Not the end all measurement stick but those are game changing, momentum swinging turnovers, you cant try to downplay their effect on the game. 

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Really BS he was not even up for consideration.

Whatever though, if he played for the Pats he prob would have won it.

....still, the kid was a helluva pick......don't recall the actual game, but he got torched in the 1st half.....only to come back in the 2nd as a force......tells much about a rook dusting himself off and coming back like that.....

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....still, the kid was a helluva pick......don't recall the actual game, but he got torched in the 1st half.....only to come back in the 2nd as a force......tells much about a rook dusting himself off and coming back like that.....

denver and bengals. tre was a great pick