Tre White Not a ROY Candidate

Jasovon

10 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Fair point, but on the opposite end I could argue Lattimore was in a better situation for stats as the Saints were putting the hurt on people and forcing opponents to pass to play catch up. 

The Bills let people run on over them, and never really put anyone away to where they'd have to ditch the run game and focus solely on passing. Lattimore got more picks just by virtue of teams having to play catchup all the time. Buffalo was ranked 29th in rush defense, so opponents never had to throw much against us, while the Saints were ranked 16th. 

Not sure how much of a factor any of that is, and I acknowledge Lattimore is good (and deserving), but I think considering the circumstances White had working against him proved he's equally as capable.

Just had a quick peak and the Saints faced 554 pass attempts and the Bills faced 573, so 19 pass attempts less or roughly 1 a game. That looks like the White could have faced more passes and actually had more chances, without looking at individual games.

edit:  I’m not saying Tre isn’t deserving, just that Lattimore had a very very good season.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Expected Lattimore to win, Fine player and making a huge impact.
But White is not far behind as to the value he brings to Buffalo.
This pick gives me faith in McBeanes.  and no. I do not care to argue about Wahleys input again here :P

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Expected Lattimore to win, Fine player and making a huge impact.
But White is not far behind as to the value he brings to Buffalo.
This pick gives me faith in McBeanes.  and no. I do not care to argue about Wahleys input again here :P

Good points except for the pesky fact that Beane didn't  factor into his selection by the Buffalo with still him being with the Panthers at the time.  2018 will be his 1st draft as Bills' GM. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good points except for the pesky fact that Beane didn't  factor into his selection by the Buffalo with still him being with the Panthers at the time.  2018 will be his 1st draft as Bills' GM. 

thats why i made it plural . Who made the pick trade for White ?

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

How is Lattimore on there but White isn't?

They're both CB's, and their stats are extremely similar.

Lattimore                      White

-52 Tackles                  -69 Tackles 

-1 Forced Fumbles     -1 Forced Fumble

-0 Fumbles Rec.          -2 Fumbles Rec.

-5 Interceptions           -4 Interceptions

-18 Pass Def.               -18 Pass Def.

-1 TD                             -1 TD

Ok so what makes Lattimore worthy of a nomination but not White?

Playoff success?  Greater statistical turn around?

Playing Devil's advocate, but I see Lattimore over White being an understandable decision.

Edited by jmc12290

i mean, this is a pretty strong rookie class.  White 100% deserves consideration, and probably would receive some 1st place ROY votes if he were in, but its hard to argue against any of the other candidates as well.  You can argue white and Lattimore are neck and neck, but its hard to argue Lattimore doesnt deserve to be included at all.  Is the number fixed at 5 finalists or something?

For the Bills, im sure they couldnt be happier.  T White looks like a astud, and Dawkins looks like an absolute steal in his own right.  

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ah, yes. Beane was "working" for the "Panthers" at the time. 

air-quotes.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Yeezus said:

B/c the NFL is a !@#$ing joke of a league thats why. 

they favor the big market teams and don't even try to hide it. 

Yeah, Fournette in Jax is in a huge market. 

They favor glory positions. Guys who've been on TV a lot and guys in positions that are more easily captured by stats. And offense.

On 1/8/2018 at 4:51 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

OROY will be Kamara and DROY will be Lattimore.

The NOS had a great draft!

Both have been monsters 

tre being second best corner in a great corner class isn’t near the insult some here think. In fact second to lattimore is an excellent accomplishment 

On 1/8/2018 at 7:59 PM, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, Fournette in Jax is in a huge market. 

They favor glory positions. Guys who've been on TV a lot and guys in positions that are more easily captured by stats. And offense.

Jax, nola, and kc really are anything but big Nfl markets. 

They definitely skew towards wards fantasy football guys though. 

All that said the level of insult to tre is slim to none.